• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Letter Buffy Wrote to Spike in "Touched"

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Anyone wonder what she wrote in that letter? It looked pretty long. She obviously took the time to write it, so it must have been important. I mean, I don't think it was just:

Spike -

Left to go confront Caleb about what he has of mine. See you tomorrow.

Buffy

Anyone have any ideas of what she wrote to him?

D
DrewBarroo
lol, she put little kisses on the end... you know, just to string him along....

white avenger

white avenger
Spike-

You're right, I am The One. It's something that I'd completely lost track of until you reminded me. I'm the Slayer, the one girl in all the world... And I'm the one who has to face Caleb. Not Faith, not you, and not Willow. Me. If everything goes well, I'll meet you after dark either back here or at Revello Drive. If things don't go well... Do you remember how, before that last night with Glory, I told you that I was counting on you to take care of Dawn? Somehow, I never really got around to thanking you for that, did I? Well, I have to do it again. I have to depend on you, not just to take care of Dawn, or even just the gang. You have to take care of them all, Spike. All of those young girls who came here needing protection. Help Faith, because she's going to need all the help that she can get. Don't let Giles and Wood completely mess her head up.

I'm depending on you, Spike, just like I've always depended on you, because, see, YOU'RE the one, too. And when this whole mess is finally straightened out, I'm going to devote a whole, WHOLE lot of time convincing you just how much you really mean to me.

I hope you like cookies.

Buffy

(Or words to that effect...)

Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
I love it. You just made my day :)
Airam
Airam
lol, thats awesome, maybe a tad idealistic, but awesome :)
U
Ulrikke
Love the cookie part :p
B
Blair Waldorf-Bass
Fantatsic. :)

Urgent Power

Potential
If I'm not wrong, a couple of years ago they sold in an auction the piece of paper Buffy wrote to Spike. It said something like, he gave her strength, she figured out what she should to, blah blah blah can't remember... I remember the ending though: "You take care, too. -Buffy". Something like that anyway. I remember it was nice, and you could definitely see that Buffy cared about him alot, and was very thankful. I think I saved the picture of it on my other computer some time ago. I'll look.

Angelic Slayer
Angelic Slayer
That would definitely be neat to see
Love it White Avenger! Idealistic, but love it! Wouldn't it be so cool to get you're hands on that peice of paper!? I wonder how much it costs?

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
Spike,

It's my show. Please stop stealing all the screentime.

Sex was good, though.

XOXO.

Buffy
Flash forward one year:

Spike,

This is MY show. Please stop stealing all the screentime.

Sex was good, though.

XOXO.

Angel.

U
Urgent Power
One of the best things I've ever heard!!
I
InsaneMystic
if I ever wished I could give multiple karma for one post, it's this one! XD
S
Silum
bravo
B
Blair Waldorf-Bass
LMFAO. *huggles you*
T
TheChosenTwo
HAHA ROFL

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
Apparently is said this:

Spike,

You told me things last night that I really needed to hear. I feel stronger now because of you. I know what my mission is and that Caleb's holding the secret to it all. This one I have to take care of alone. You take care too.
--Buffy

It was put up for sale in a prop auction some time ago:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) (1997), Buffy's Letter To Spike, original / screen-used
Whedonesque : Comments on 7157 : Profiles in History Mega-Auction includes Spike's Amulet and other great props.

Do you think this is authentic? I'm not sure...

Silum

Scooby
Well clearly the letter sold is that produced by a prop crew who read the script and produced a piece of paper for SMG to hold. The real letter is that which we make of it based on our understanding of the characters.

Amicelli

Potential
spike
by just holding me in your arms and beening next to me when I needed the closeness by somebody the most, you gave me the energy to keep up and cross what I am supposed to do. I don't know how to put my thank into words, but I only want to be sure you (doen't matter how it will end) know this. Your someone special. You gave me the strenght back when all my friends didn't believe in me

Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Nice. i like it ;)

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Apparently is said this:

Spike,

You told me things last night that I really needed to hear. I feel stronger now because of you. I know what my mission is and that Caleb's holding the secret to it all. This one I have to take care of alone. You take care too.
--Buffy

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) (1997), Buffy's Letter To Spike, original / screen-used
Whedonesque : Comments on 7157 : Profiles in History Mega-Auction includes Spike's Amulet and other great props.

It's hard to tell if so-called "props" are real. I have a couple original props, and both of them came with a singed COA from Fox with one of the seal thingies. I would only reccommend buying a prop if it comes with one of these.

If that is the real prop, though, it's cool to be able to see what the letter said.
[br][/br]
Edit:
[br][/br]
Well clearly the letter sold is that produced by a prop crew who read the script and produced a piece of paper for SMG to hold. The real letter is that which we make of it based on our understanding of the characters.
Well, I imagine the prop crew took into consiteration what the characters would have believably said. I find it hard to believe, though, that they would actually go to the trouble to write a fake letter on the prop in character. Honestly. It's not like the audience can see it, and the actor doesn't really need it - it's not like Spike reads it aloud in the scene. This is why I think that prop letter Tranquility posted is fake.
[br][/br]
Edit:
[br][/br]
Apparently is said this:

Spike,

--Buffy

That does seem like something Buffy would realistically write to Spike. I have no qualms about it. Seems like the prop crew had been doing their reading :) Now, if it had said something like, "Spike I love you" or something, it wouldn't have been believeble in my opinion.

Top Bottom