• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Leverage Reboot with Christian Kane

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
As reported on the offical Facebook accounts of Dean Devlin, Christian Kane and Leverage there is going to be a reboot of the show.

If you were under the impression that miracles didn't happen, we have some news to contradict that sentiment.
Deadline is reporting that fan-favorite series, Leverage, which ran on TNT for four seasons from December 2008 to December 2012, is making a comeback.
Dean Devlin, the series original executive producer and director with Electric Entertainment is at the helm of the followup.

And where, you're wondering, can you find this gift?

It's going to stream on IMDB.TV, the free, ad-supported network in affiliation with Amazon.
John Rogers and Chris Downey who partnered with Devlin on the original run will return to their duties as EPs for the reboot.

And now the information you've been waiting for -- at least four members of the original team are returning with an incredible new team leader.

Noah Wyle, who both Devlin and Rogers had worked with on the Librarians franchise, will be joining the cast and directing at least two episode of the first reimagined season.

Beth Riesgraf returns as Parker, Gina Bellman as Sophie Deveraux, and Christian Kane as Eliot Spencer will all be series regulars.
Aldis Hodge, currently starring on the Showtime series City on a Hill, will recur as Alec Hardison, time allowing.
That means that the only original cast member not returing is Timothy Hutton.

It's unclear if he was uninterested or unavailable in light of recent allegations of sexual assault against the actor.
Deadline's information suggests that this is a fresh take on the concept of the original series but still following the group who uses their unique skills against corporate and social injustices suffered by common citizens.

We had a chance to chat with both Devlin and Kane for their WGN America series, Almost Paradise, airing on Monday nights.
During our chat with Kane, he teased that the formula of taking on the "man" when the country was feeling squeezed by many issues of the decade it aired tapped into a cultural need, and the warriors fighting common battles on Leverage was escapist and cathartic.
Source

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
I don't know how it happened but I read the title as "Reboot of Citizen Kane" when I first saw it. 🤥

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
So it's not really a reboot but a continuation. Good. Hopefully it might not be as episodic and I could actually enjoy it. Not sure how I feel about no Hutton though.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
yeah Hutton was great!

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
So it's not really a reboot but a continuation. Good. Hopefully it might not be as episodic and I could actually enjoy it. Not sure how I feel about no Hutton though.
Aye, thats what I thought but all the places are calling it a "reboot" I liked the episodic format with threads of continuation. I had started a rewatch when we went on lockdown so this is good news for me.

Not sure how I feel about Tim, I don't really know much about the allegations so i'm not going to comment on that. I don't find Noah very convincing as a lead.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Looks like something good . I have to see just how much it will be like the first run of Leverage .

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Posted this on my page. Guess I should've posted a thread. :oops:
I'm really looking forward to this. Hope it's a continuation.

“Since the day it was canceled, I’ve longed to return to the world of Leverage. The show, the characters, the cast and the people who made it happen all hold a very special place in my heart,” Devlin said. “Our new series with Amazon Studios and IMDb TV is a re-imagining of the original premise. While Leverage centered on a crusade to avenge the death of a child, this series is propelled forward as a redemption story of misdeeds that need amends. I could not be more excited and fired up about returning to the world of Hitter, Hacker, Grifter, Thief!!”
This quote has me wondering if Devlin means the new redemption story will be Wylie's character? The way it's worded I'm not sure if they'll completely reimagine the series with same actors, but in different roles? I really hope not.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
This quote has me wondering if Devlin means the new redemption story will be Wylie's character? The way it's worded I'm not sure if they'll completely reimagine the series with same actors, but in different roles? I really hope not.
I think it will simply be Wylie taking over Hutton's role.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
I'm guessing that they'll kill off Nate and have Wylie's character on some personal redemption thing which will somehow cause the remaining crew & Sophie to band together to take on some evil doer. Then maybe stay together to take on new/other bad guys. Maybe they'll have one singular recurring 'big bad' to con for the season with smaller episodic bad people to take on weekly. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

ChaseRules

Sineya
I'm guessing that they'll kill off Nate and have Wylie's character on some personal redemption thing which will somehow cause the remaining crew & Sophie to band together to take on some evil doer. Then maybe stay together to take on new/other bad guys. Maybe they'll have one singular recurring 'big bad' to con for the season with smaller episodic bad people to take on weekly. Guess we'll have to wait and see...
That sounds like a great idea Hope they do something like that :cool:

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Ooh interesting, if it's a continuation then I can see it working without Tim Hutton, they would need something to explain the break up of Nate and Sophie though.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Nice starting . Hope they do it that way .

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
I think John Rogers was pretty much the driving creative force behind the show, so I'm not all that interested without him involved. I might at least check it out, though.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
thought the original peeps were returning?

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
Posted this on my page. Guess I should've posted a thread. :oops:
I'm really looking forward to this. Hope it's a continuation.

I can't imagine them doing same actors in different roles. The fact that we have Dean Devlin still at the helm is a very good indication that this is going to be positive.

I'm choosing to think of it like an extended break and then the start of a new series with some changes.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Looking foward to seeing how a new version is & how close it is to the first one in Spirit.

Leo

"Mist... cemetery... Halloween. Should end well."
Whoa! I'm also interested! Any news!?

Top Bottom