• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Life Serial - which was the most creative?

Who's spell was the most creative?

• Warren - time speeding up at the college

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Jonathan - continuous loop in the Magic Box

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • Andrew - demon attack at the construction site

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of them were very creative

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Basically, the question stands, which of the trio members spells on Buffy in this episode would you pick as the winner (since they couldn't do that themselves)?

Personally, I would give my vote to Jonathan, that Groundhog Day element has always been, to me, very fascinating to watch unfold, not to mention hilarious if done right (see: previously mentioned film or one of the best Supernatural episodes out there.)

(Credit goes to fanpop.com for the idea)

W

WillowFromBuffy

I vote for Jonathan, too. When are you going to write out my Spike's Groundhog Day fanfiction idea? :p

Puppet
Puppet
Ha! Someone needs to read Fixing the Factors, so they'll stop bugging for...for a while, at least ;)

Priceless

Scooby
Warren's speeding up time was more interesting to watch. Never being able to catch up with those around you, by far the most creative idea

Reactions: sk

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Warren's speeding up time was more interesting to watch. Never being able to catch up with those around you, by far the most creative idea
Warren is second place. I'm just curious to what people around Buffy saw her doing. If she saw them as super fast then they must've been seeing her as sloth level slow.

Priceless

Scooby
Warren is second place. I'm just curious to what people around Buffy saw her doing. If she saw them as super fast then they must've been seeing her as sloth level slow.
Yes that's what I thought too. Tara assumes Buffy is with her, but turns and calls to her, as she is standing still several feet behind. It's quite metaphorical really, for S6 Buffy, eveyone's life is moving forward and she's standing still, being left behind :)

theslayerettes
theslayerettes
Wow, that just got really deep.

theslayerettes

Cheerleading Slayer
I voted Jonathan because it was the most entertaining. However by bias against Warren may have been a factor in voting. I really hate him... I have never hated a fictional character more.

P
Priceless
Lol, thanks, but not that deep really. I think all 3 spells are probably metaphors about Buffys life :-)
K
katmobile
He is designed as a hate sink IMO

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I voted for Warren's time thingy. Found that more interesting and original.

The Groundhog Day scenario has been done to death. Not particular original or creative imho.

/SK

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
The Groundhog Day scenario has been done to death. Not particular original or creative imho.
Imo, it hasn't been done to death, but yeah it probably has been done more than the time speeding thingie :)

Living Dead Boy

Joss Is A Very Flawed Boss
Black Thorn
Definitely Jonathan. It was absolutely hilarious and terrible at the same time. I worked retail for a while, and I understand what Buffy's going through. It literally feels like you've answered the same questions, went down those same stairs, fought with the same mummy hand (guess which ones the lie ;)). It's soul sucking, and it feels like your running a loop. Perfect spell, honestly. Jonathan never got the credit he deserved, did he?

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Imo, it hasn't been done to death, but yeah it probably has been done more than the time speeding thingie :)
Don't get me wrong. I love a proper Groundhog Day episode. Buffy's was hilarious too.
But both Jonathan and me must have seen it on basically every sci-fi show made. So it just doesn't feel very creative...

/SK

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Don't get me wrong. I love a proper Groundhog Day episode. Buffy's was hilarious too.
But both Jonathan and me must have seen it on basically every sci-fi show made. So it just doesn't feel very creative...

/SK
Ah, well that explains it. I'm not really a sci-fi watcher beyond a few shows here or there, so to me, whenever I think of the concept of a repeating day (or more) I either think the Bill Murray movie, or a few episodes of shows I've seen that have it, and even that is hard to think of. (Off the top of my head, I can think of 2 TV show eps, and one of those is Life Serial :))

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Jonathan was definitely the best. Their points system was flawed. Stupid Warren and his nit picky correction with how long it took.

TriBel

Scooby
Basically, the question stands, which of the trio members spells on Buffy in this episode would you pick as the winner (since they couldn't do that themselves)?
I don't wanna choose!
Andrew's demon spell showed how masculinity closes down contradictions by constructing alternative narratives in order to sustain self-identity. Warren's and Jonathan's make important points about the relativity of time and about history repeating itself unless a radical solution is found. I could, if I was allowing myself to procrastinate, correlate the three points - but I'm not procrastinating. I'm really not! :)

spikenbuffy

"The big bad is back, and you will aaaggggg"
Jonathan of course!!!!
It was also incredibly hilarious with Buffy and mummy hand !!!!!!

"It's you, you, you're doing this!!!!!!!"
"You like slug, go with slug; she's not gonna sleep with you anyway"

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Warren's clearly as the other two weren't really creative. Demons attack? Big whoop. That's standard fare. Groundhog Day? Been done before. And before. And before.

Warren's was the only real creative one.

Reactions: sk

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
The Magic Box had the most work put into it. The college one would be number 2. The construction site one would be in last place for me.

Top Bottom