• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Lilah and Cordelia

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
In Billy Cordelia says that, she was Lilah, do you think that Lilah was like the Cordelia of Buffy?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
There is no way, shape or form that Lilah and Cordy were ever alike, either then or in high school.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Yes, they had some things in common. Both cynical and bastards
But if you were just looking at that then you could say that Cordy was Wesley, as he become cynical and a bastard too. 90% of the Angel cast were cynical.

janas

Bangel in the soul
Wesley has a different kind of cynicism. Lilah and Cordelia were willing to do anything to get what they wanted, cynicism of Wesley was a response to the situation of the moment, was more bitterness that cynicism.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Then, no, I stand by my case. They were nothing alike. The fact that Lilah went to kill Billy, first season Cordy while talking big would have been hiding in a closet somewhere.

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
Yes, I think Cordy was a bit like Lilah the first season of BTVS. She was selfish, rude, and thought others were there just to serve her needs. However, that's not to say Cordy and Lilah have everything in common, they certainly do not, Cordy was never quite as evil as Lilah. But I think Cordy was pointing out the personality characteristics that I mentioned before when she was saying " I was you". Still ,we all know that Ms. Chase changed considerably once she got with the scoobies in season 2, and especially once she moved to LA and worked alongside Wesley, Doyle and Angel.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I think that Cordelia was saying that she was like Lilah in the sense that she used to have that spikey take-no-crap confidence. She was tough, bitchy, selfish and sarcastic just like Lilah is. By S3 Cordelia had softened somewhat.

Also Cordelia's cowardice comes and goes in BtVS. She could scream and run and hide from the monsters but she was quite able to face down Gorch if she was angry enough.

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

janas

Bangel in the soul
Now I don't remember well the scene between Cordy and Lilah, but they also spoke of stylish shoes or something like that, argument very dear to Cordelia, and if I remember correctly, that scene was written precisely by Joss. Even in the fifth season, talking to Eve, Cordelia refers to stylish shoes, so Cordy and Lilah would also have this in common, that is, love for expensive things.
Oh, and just to clarify, I like Lilah's character.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
talking to Eve, Cordelia
See.. I am going to get blasted for this.. but I see Cordy and Eve being closer to the same character than Cordy and Liliah. Both Cordy and Eve went to school over a hellmouth, both have their little fashion sense. One latched onto Angel the other Lindsey.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
...and? :) Lilah latched onto Wes
Angel and Lindsay were two sides of the same coin, was my point. Like Cordy and Eve. Wes was the rogue, Lilah was the rogue. I dont think you could ever consider Cordy a rouge.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
And Cordy found Wes very appealing at one point.
Cordy found just about anyone older appealing at that point in time, so thats hardly.. um, surprising.

EDIT: I guess I just have more respect for Lilah to compare her to Cordy, esp. Cordy circa season 1.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Cordy found just about anyone older appealing at that point in time, so thats hardly.. um, surprising.
I forget, when did Cordelia hit on Giles? :p

Anyway I find the whole 'they fell that person says this about them' a bit pointless really.

And anyway I like Lilah more in some ways. I see similarities but I don't think that detracts from either character- because these traits don't define them.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I dont think it does either.. but the question was 'is Lilah like the Cordelia of Buffy'. And no. Not at all.

Top Bottom