• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Lilah: Yay or Nay?

Lilah: Yay or Nay?

• Yay. I enjoyed the evilness of her heart, but obviously I didn’t root for her.

• Yay. I loved her and was rooting for her. Go evil!

• Yay but Nay. I liked her only some times.

• Nay. I didn’t like her character but I wasn’t rooting against her.

• Nay. I hated her character. I wanted her gone

• Nay. Overrated character.

• Meh. Didn’t record one way or another.

Results are only viewable after voting.

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
Ok, I know that there are older threads asking similar questions, but I wanted to create a new poll because many of us are relatively new and I’d like to know your thoughts and where you stand.

Lilah: Yay or Nay? You can choose two answers.
1) One for S1-S2 and
2) One for S3-S4

I think that there is some consensus regarding the change in the weight given to her character in her last two seasons. And please tell us why.

For me: S1-S2 is Meh. I liked Lindsay better. I’m not sure if this is the best description, but I felt that she was kinda unidimensional, which changes later on. I found her annoying at times. I found her entertaining other times. Didn’t make an impact on me.

S3-S4. Gotta admit that I went with “Yay. I loved her and was rooting for her. Go evil!” It’s not quite there but almost. I simply loved her personality starting mid-S3. She’s a very strong woman, I think that quite similar to Cordelia, but without the warmth (the evil non-Jasmin version). I enjoyed her unapologetic attitude and specially her cunning personality that allowed to climb in W&H, specially during a time where I feel that women still had to prove themselves much more. I love the fact that she never made excuses for her behavior and completely owned her choices. And despite liking Wes/Fred better than Fred/Gunn, I really liked the idea of dark Wesley/Lilah. Two deeply broken people who despite themselves developed feelings for each other, although it was clear (to me) that it would have never worked out between them… too much baggage. I also feel that just like with Cordy, Lilah’s departure impacted negatively S5. Now, why “go evil!”? I don’t know, the feminist in me, I guess. If evil will always exist, let it be through Lilah. And by that I don’t mean destroying Angel & Co, I mean remaining as the co-CEO of W&H or something like that.

Last edited:

Priceless

Scooby
I enjoyed watching Lilah and her relationship with Wesley was interesting, though I didn't find it enjoyable as such. She is an interesting character, but I could never root for her. She did own her evilness, but I'd rather see change in a character then one who remains static.

sunestellar

Bad Day. Started bad, stayed that way.
I must admit I haven't really noticed her in the first seasons.
It's only when Wesley started a "relationship" with her that I began to be curious about her. I like how she stand a very clear position among the bad guys, doesn't show any moral standards and just doesn't care.
Evil it is, because, all things considered, as a human being, you will never be entirely virtuous. I really like the following quote from her :
"Funny thing about black and white. You mix it together and you get grey. And it doesn't matter how much white you try and put back in, you're never gonna get anything but grey."
I can see her point.
You can work you way up to become pure evil. But, on the other hand, it doesn't matter how much you try, you'll never become a righteous person from the moment you've made one tiny mistake.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
She gets a little too chummy with AI, but all of W&H has that problem after season 3. I also think she should have been Lindsay five years ago, over one of his peers. Especially if the W&H characters are supposed to represent different levels of... having a real job? Also, I think it's cute she's barely 29, but her mother has severe dementia. But again, maybe she's written as older, but played by a woman in her late twenties.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
I liked her in S1-S2 but she was often playing second fiddle to Lindsey, and so in some eps she didnt have a lot to do other than a few sarcastic comments.
But I enjoyed the contrast with Lindsey - he was all emotional and she was more coldly impersonal in a Its just business type of way, or at least she was on the surface but then there were times when her own insecurities came out which gave her a bit more depth.
And I did find her funny and enjoyed the eps where she had more to do like The Ring which I always found an underrated ep

In S3-S4 she steps out of Lindseys shadow and becomes more interesting.
I absolutely loved her relationship with Wes. There were so many great scenes with great dialogue between them
And for the most part I loved the almost Film Noir influenced banter between Lilah and Angel with a couple of provisos
1 - when Lindsey was there he had the personal issues with Angel and with Lilah it was more impersonal - just business. But as soon as Lindsey left they started making it more personal between Angel and Lilah which I didnt fully buy on her part
2 - there were a few times when it seemed like they didnt have anything for her to do and she was only there to fulfil a contractual obligation so angel would go to her office and threaten her, she would say but you are not gonna carry out that threat, and Angel would be like yeah you're right, I will go then!!

Top Bottom