• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Lilah

Angelus0269

Illyra's Pet
We all know Wesley loved Lilah, he even tells Fred at one point after she finds out that Lilah and Wesley were sleeping together.. That you can't control who you fall in love with... My question is... Do you think Lilah loved Wesley...?

Personally I think she did...

I definitely think she did. Maybe she didn't show it a lot but it's there, in my opinion, I can see it and feel it and all.. Maybe to her love wasn't the most important thing in her life or anything, but she did really care about Wesley, and I believe she loved him.

S
Spirit_Of_Fred
i both agree and and am trying to learn to give karma
Sweetescape
Sweetescape
[No message]

VisionGuy

Oh Plerr
I think she really did love Wesley.She probably didn't like to show it because she worked for a big evil law firm and thought that it would ruin her image.I also think that maybe she believed showing any true feelings was a weakness.

Mango

*~*Manic Obsessive*~*
Okay, I am probably going to get bashed for saying this, but was NOBODY disturbed by their relationship??!! I know I was.

LadyLavinia

Scooby
Mango said:
Okay, I am probably going to get bashed for saying this, but was NOBODY disturbed by their relationship??!! I know I was.

I wasn't. Lilah may have been evil, but she proved to be a more positive influence on Wes than anyone else. Unfortunately for Wes, he didn't realize this until it was too late.

Amy Acker

Townie
Mango said:
I was i mean Wesley couldn't have Fred so he settled for Lilah i think what was freaky is he had Lilah dressed as Fred at one point : laugh :

LadyLavinia

Scooby
Amy Acker said:
I was i mean Wesley couldn't have Fred so he settled for Lilah i think what was freaky is he had Lilah dressed as Fred at one point : laugh :

Yet, once he had the real thing in S5, the romance turned out to be the most boring one since Buffy/Riley. Even worse, both Wes and Fred seemed to be wallowing in illusions. At least with Lilah managed to accept Wes as he was and didn't harbor childish illusions, like Fred did. And Wes did with Fred.

Xander

You Can Call Me Ash
You can't say Wes and Fred had a boring relationship, as it only lasted one episode (and about 2 minutes of the one prior to it). I rewatched Hole in the World today and the bed scenes were touching.

Anyway, enough of that. I think Lilah loved her in her own way, but has been "toughened" by her experiences in life that perhaps her version of love isn't the sunshine and lollipops of most pop songs. I think Wes is perhaps the only person she ever loved, from what little we actually know about her past.

I
Imberan
[No message]
N

Nessima

Mango said:
I was a little weirded out, I have to admit....

I think Lilah loved Wes to an extent....

LadyLavinia

Scooby
Lilah was in love with Wes. Wes was in love with Lilah. Season 4 established that fact, despite what happened to Wes in Season 5.

The ironic thing is that I suspect that neither Lilah or Fred were Wesley's true love. I suspect that position was reserved for Angel.

Feigenbaum

Going to have twins!
I'm not exactly sure on this one. I know that it was said that Wes loved Lilah, and for the life of me I can't exactly pinpoint the moment where they started having a relationship (looks like it a fun night of watching season 4 epps). I believe that Wesley had a true desire to be with Lilah, and could see past her evilness.

On the other hand, I'm not sure about whether or not Lilah 'loved' Wes in return. I think that if she hadn't been stabbed by Cordelia and consequently had her head chopped off, we'll never know. I think the potential was there. She seemed committed, but I couldn't give you a straight answer because I don't feel like we got to see their whole relationship!

LadyLavinia

Scooby
Feigenbaum said:
I'm not exactly sure on this one. I know that it was said that Wes loved Lilah, and for the life of me I can't exactly pinpoint the moment where they started having a relationship (looks like it a fun night of watching season 4 epps). I believe that Wesley had a true desire to be with Lilah, and could see past her evilness.

On the other hand, I'm not sure about whether or not Lilah 'loved' Wes in return. I think that if she hadn't been stabbed by Cordelia and consequently had her head chopped off, we'll never know. I think the potential was there. She seemed committed, but I couldn't give you a straight answer because I don't feel like we got to see their whole relationship!

Lilah loved him. But like Wesley, she did not have the nerve to admit her feelings.

Just because a person doesn't openly admit his or her love for another, does not mean that he or she is not experiencing that love.

Wicked

Trampy Mc*****
I think Lilah definately loved Wes. When he saved her frokm the zombie Wolfram and Hart and they were down in the sewers, he was leaving and she called to him. She tried to say something but couldnt. He just said I know.
In my opinion she was trying to tell him she loved him.
However I dont think Wes loved her. I think he cared for her a lot but I dont think he realised how much til she was killed.

Mulder22

Rogue Demon Hunter
I think they both cared for each other a great deal and probably loved each other. I think Wes said it best though when talking to Fred in Season 4. He said something like "Things happen Fred, when your alienated from the people you care about, you tend to look other places". "It's not always about holding hands". I think at first it was just about someone to be with, and later on their feelings grew for one another and they didn't know how to express it.

Spuffy57

Happy Birthday Buffy!
i think she did love him but didnt want him to find out. she probably thought she wasnt caple of love and didnt need it because all she had cared about was her job. i loved them as a couple!!

T

THE BLUE

I am not sure if Wes loved her, but Lilah was in love; she was jealous about his interest with Fred. So, yeah, she loved him.

LadyLavinia said:
The ironic thing is that I suspect that neither Lilah or Fred were Wesley's true love. I suspect that position was reserved for Angel.
We have got a slasher :D :D :D

Winifred

Death Is Your Gift
Mango said:
Well I wasn't so much disturbed by their relationship because for me it was interesting, and perhaps necessary? I mean Wes was going through stuff as we all know and Lilah and Wes needed each other so I think it was interesting to say the least...and I definitly think Lilah did love him.

FahrbotDrusilla

Copacetic
LadyLavinia said:
Lilah was in love with Wes. Wes was in love with Lilah. Season 4 established that fact, despite what happened to Wes in Season 5.
I agree, also, I really think that Lilah was the best person with Wes (i have since re-watching s5 came to this belief)

LadyLavinia said:
hahaha! NO! I don't think they trust each other enough for that to be true.

jellokitty
jellokitty
[No message]

Spirit_Of_Fred

The Psycho
um, i think that...i think she loved him. definentely. and i think wes loved fred. definentely. but i also think wes might've loved lilah. probably not as much as fred, but he still loved her. for example, his reaction to each death- for lilah's he simply was upset inside and all that, but for fred's he cried a lot, and you could see he was more broken up about it. and he became very, im not sure of the word...'different'? 'crazy'? whatever the word, all this rambling is trying to say it sure seemed his love for fred was stronger then his love for lilah, even though he did love her as well.

VisionGuy
VisionGuy
[No message]

LadyLavinia

Scooby
I am not sure if Wes loved her, but Lilah was in love; she was jealous about his interest with Fred. So, yeah, she loved him.

We have got a slasher :D :D :D

Not really, but I have noticed something odd about Wes. Although he had been devestated by both Lilah and Fred's deaths, it wasn't until his memories of what he had done to Connor . . . and to an extension, Angel, when he really lost his mind.

Yeah, I think it was all about Angel. I suspect that to Wes, Angel became the father figure that Roger had failed to become. And I find that sad, because Angel has proven (with the exception of Faith) that he is not a very good father figure.

um, i think that...i think she loved him. definentely. and i think wes loved fred. definentely. but i also think wes might've loved lilah. probably not as much as fred, but he still loved her.
I don't know if this was true between "Players" and "Home" in Season 4. I suspect that Wes' "love" for Fred had lessened, following their conversation about Lilah, Cordelia and Connor. It almost seemed as if he finally got a good look at her and realized that she was not the idealized woman he had imagined.

However, following the loss of Wes' memories of Connor, I suspect that his character had regressed during Season 5 and he returned to his idealized and "obssessive" love for Fred.

M
Mulder22
very interesting points. As a huge Wes fan you really got me thinking!!!!!
Top Bottom