• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Lindseys death in season 2

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
Is it true Lindsey McDonald was originally supposed to die in Angel season 2 ,but refused to play along with the story? This is the story I have heard. In any case I am so glad it did not happen this way. I love Lindsey :) Interested in reading your comments

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Yep. Well, sort of.

I was at a convention where Christian was a guest a few years ago. He said that, after he left in S2, Joss tried to bring him back many, many times in order to kill Lindsey off. Because he wasn't tied into a contract, Christian was able to refuse to return every time. Most of the deaths that were written for Lindsey were rewritten for other characters, according to Christian.

When S5 came along, Joss called Christian and asked him to return for the last arc of the season, assuring Christian that Lindsey wouldn't be killed off. So Christian agreed. David Boreanaz and Christian are actually best friends in real life and they like working together, understandably.

When the news came that the show had been cancelled, Christian first consoled his friend, then wen to see Joss and asked what he was going to do. Again, according to Christian, Joss' reply was:

"I'm going to F******G kill you!"

Because Christian was already tied into the contract until the final episode, he was unable to say 'no', and thus, Joss got his way.

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
Yep. Well, sort of.

I was at a convention where Christian was a guest a few years ago. He said that, after he left in S2, Joss tried to bring him back many, many times in order to kill Lindsey off. Because he wasn't tied into a contract, Christian was able to refuse to return every time. Most of the deaths that were written for Lindsey were rewritten for other characters, according to Christian.

When S5 came along, Joss called Christian and asked him to return for the last arc of the season, assuring Christian that Lindsey wouldn't be killed off. So Christian agreed. David Boreanaz and Christian are actually best friends in real life and they like working together, understandably.

When the news came that the show had been cancelled, Christian first consoled his friend, then wen to see Joss and asked what he was going to do. Again, according to Christian, Joss' reply was:

"I'm going to F******G kill you!"

Because Christian was already tied into the contract until the final episode, he was unable to say 'no', and thus, Joss got his way.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm glad he didn't die until the last episode at least :) he was a great character

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Good for Christian saying no to Joss about returning just to die. I'd do the same if I were him. I'd be like Eff That! lol. I think it worked out well in the end.

spikenbuffy

"Preparation, preparation, preparation"
So, If Joss Whedon had plans in mind maybe to make Lindsey return in LA long time before S5 and to kill him, Lindsey was maybe not supposed to choose the right path after all in S2. Because I'm disgusted that Lindsey 's character in S5 is once again bad after he left in good term in Dead End. I thought that they decided in S5 to make him bad but it was maybe since a long time before S5. I just don't like Lindsey's progression. :(. I'm sort of happy of his death in NFA because he had a chance to change but he came back bad. I love him in S1 & 2.

NeonSlayer

Potential
Sarah: I'm afraid of being buried alive.
Joss: 😈

James: I won't film a rape scene.

Charisma: I'll only come back if I don't get killed off.

Christian: I'll only come back if I don't get killed off.

Top Bottom