• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Lindsey's Death

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
I was ok with lindsey dying even if I loved the character. i don't hate his death I'm more angered by the fact that Lorne had to kill someone. It was really cheap for Angel to ask Lorne to kill someone. But I liked that Lindsey's death was so banal. It was so cruel but so interesting.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I used to think since Faith got to be in the final shot of Buffy, Lindsey should be in the final shot of Angel. They do have their similarities. However now I believe Lindsey didn’t really want redemption. He just wanted to win. So his death, though shocking, is fine with me.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I would have been cool with Lindsay dying in the fight and if he'd come to the alley, he likely would have. I was not cool with him being betrayed by Angel. It just showed Angel as being more like Lindsay than I liked. Worse that he didn't even do it himself.

I think Lindsay's death was JW being a prideful idiot again. He killed off people for the 'sport' of it. (He'd always wanted to kill someone in the credits, so he put Tara in the credits in the episode she died in -- which of course, probably made a lot of people think she was being upgraded to regular officially...) I'm glad I was never in the 'adore JW' crowd. The more I learn about him, the less I like him. Still talented, but not a person I'd want as a friend.

Lindsay was a chaotic figure -- like Ethan, he did evil things, but also like Ethan, I think he had a conscience -- pretty muddy and buried, and full of self interest, but just as we didn't go to war with the Russians after we had allied with them in WWII (though we justifiably viewed them as a dangerous adversary and prepared for war with them if necessary) the RIGHT action would have been to not kill him. That was a betrayal of what the 'good guys' do. Now, if Lindsay had betrayed them in the course of that last episode he was in, and they'd killed him in self defense... that would have been fine with me.

If he'd died in the earlier times when they were fighting with him, that probably wouldn't have bothered me either, but this was in cold blood, and of an ALLY. That was just WRONG. It made bile rise up. The reaction of Lorne was mine. I was disgusted. Except, I probably wouldn't have done what Lorne did. I wouldn't have killed him. I probably would have told him to watch his back, and walked away from the whole mess... It kinda spoiled Lorne's last moments for me too... which is really sad, especially since we lost Andy Hallett.

I was ok with lindsey dying even if I loved the character. i don't hate his death I'm more angered by the fact that Lorne had to kill someone. It was really cheap for Angel to ask Lorne to kill someone. But I liked that Lindsey's death was so banal. It was so cruel but so interesting.
I really hate that Lorne was forced into being the author of it. I did enjoy Lindsay's character. I did, however, LOVE Lorne. It was tragic all round IMO. It wasn't that Lindsay wasn't a thread, but that having Lorne murder him wasn't the right way to deal with it.

threat!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Lorne had heard Lindsey sing, so he knew Lindsey's fate and his part in it. Death was inevitable and Lorne was predestined to be the cause of it. It was something Lorne did not want to do but he knew he could not avoid it. Angel is a red herring here - he just set up the circumstances in which it could happen. Lorne was upset enough to tell Angel that after it was done, he didn't want him or any of his people to look for him. He only considered killing Lindsey because he knew he was going to.

None of this excuses Angel's backstabbing. He had sold Lindsey on the story that he wanted Lindsey to run Wolfram & Hart because he was better off with a known quantity running the company, but he intended to lure Lindsey to his death. Just part of the decline and fall of Angel.

LeeJones41

Potential
He MIGHT betray them. Just like Spike and Angel MIGHT lose their souls, or Gunn MIGHT become a vampire (wait...uh...) or Illryria MIGHT kill the whole world in a bloody shower of evil. It's all just MIGHT.
Or Xander, or Dawn, or Willow or even Buffy. Murdering Lindsey because he might prove to be a future threat struck me as a shallow reason for Angel to order his murder. I already harbor contempt for Angel over his sanction of the removal of Buffy's memories. But he really hit the low point with Lindsey's death. And the horrible thing is that not only has he yet to pay for his actions, many fans are still making excuses for him.

Top Bottom