• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Lindsey's Sexuality?

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
I was looking for some info about Lindsey and was reading through his Wikipedia page and found this funny, just wondering what you all though of it. I had never thought of it before.

Numerous hints and references have been made alluding to Lindsey's sexuality and feelings toward Angel throughout the series; some more obvious than others. In season 2, the 400 year old vampire, Darla asks him if he has a boyfriend. Then, later in the season, when she is kissing him, she remarks that "its not me [Darla] you want to screw, it's him [Angel]." The double entendre is quite obvious in tying sexuality into Lindsey's motivations to attack Angel. During the 100th episode, "You're Welcome," Lindsey comments that "it's not the size that counts big guy, it's how you use it," as he transforms his small dagger into a longer and more powerful weapon. Once again sexuality is tied into a double entendre while regarding Angel. Further hints are given in the last episode where Angel accepts Lindsey's offer to fight in the apocalypse and says "I want you, Lindsey," despite voiced discomfort from both parties, the double entendre was, for the third time tied to sexuality between the two.

Other fans argue that Lindsey's relationship with Eve, which seems to be based on love and affection, confirms his heterosexuality. However, Eve did later on say to Lindsey that "he's [Angel] still the center of your [Lindsey's] world." Joss Whedon himself has never confirmed Lindsey's sexuality one way or the other. Others believe he is bisexual, on the verge of being both. It can only be speculated by fans and critics.
Source

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
omg i had never thought of it!!!

Wicked

Trampy Mc*****
Hahahahah. No way in hell!

Besides he was totally in love with Darla :)

E
Edmund Blackadder
Why could you have not said "I've always known Lindsay was a Poofter, its obvious he wants Darla cause Angels been in there'..instead we agree!!!
Angel was Lindsays 'Arch Enemy' He was the center of his world because he was the one responsible for all the things going wrong for him...or so he thought.

Lindsay was not Gay, he was just so focused on Angel because of the above taht he couldn't think about much else.

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
What's that doing in Wikipedia anyway? You're seeing that kind of thing more and more in Wikipedia. User contributors slip in their own little, personal theories presented as some kind of widespread, acknowledged fact. It's even worse when you're looking for information on issues that might have some kind of political slant, like the Middle East.

T
The Arcane
Couldn't agree more. Wikipedia should be restricted to facts rather than speculation or it becomes pretty much useless as a reference source.
S
StuckinTraffic
[No message]
S
Senior Watcher
EVERYTHING IS 100% FACT ON WIKIPEDIA!!! jk. i believe only 34.4% of it.
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Wikipedia is useless and a reference source anyway because anyone can write anything on it.
AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
[No message]

JoeHundredaire

Kneel before Zod!
Sounds kinda like how people are dead certain Harry and Draco want to go have sex just because they fight.

Sometimes, two people just hate each other and don't think before they talk.

Angel's vision

Silence! I Keel you!
woah Linsdsay and Angel..? just as disturbing as the Spike/Angel have they haven't they stuff! ewwww!
Angel:"I want you lindsay... " I'm thinking about rephrasing that
Lindsay: "I'd be more comfortable if you did"
soooo that prooves both wouldn't entertain the thought, besides people are reading into it more than they should.

postmortem

Love is a mental illness
Sounds kinda like how people are dead certain Harry and Draco want to go have sex just because they fight.

Sometimes, two people just hate each other and don't think before they talk.

It is called as "reading the subtext". It is very general in film reading. For example, Jaws and Halloween are considered to be misogynous because in those two the killer (shark and Myers) target women.

What's that doing in Wikipedia anyway? You're seeing that kind of thing more and more in Wikipedia. User contributors slip in their own little, personal theories presented as some kind of widespread, acknowledged fact. It's even worse when you're looking for information on issues that might have some kind of political slant, like the Middle East.

Wikipedia is not a reference source. So there is no reason for any of us to take the site seriously but it gives a brief introduction to the material and sometimes cites the books it used as a reference, but not always, and that's very disturbing. However, fanfiction is not something based on acknowledged facts as you put it because acknowledged fact is very much the same with the creator's opinion in this department. I mean if Whedon says "Lindsey and Angel? Please...", you can assume that it is not his intent to make them lovers. But, there is one example contradicting this, when Tara was first introduced amd started to make spells with Willow, this was read as a romantic relationship between them, and it was denied by the cast and Whedon. By the end of the season they were lovers. Wikipedia just reads the relationship by the given monologues; "I want you, Lindsay" or "You want to screw him (Angel)". How you read them is your choice, but they are there.

E
Edmund Blackadder
Gosh, we've missed you!!!

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
You don't contribute to Wikipedia, do you, PostMortem? because what you just did there, that's the problem I have with it. You've presented opinion as fact without support.

The idea Jaws, and Halloween are considered to be misogynist works is an opinion not an accepted fact. I have no doubt there are people who consider the assertion to be true, but without knowing who those people are, or what percentage of the viewership they represent, the statement is only an unsupported opinion.

If you say to me "Wikipedia is probably not always a reliable reference source", I would most likely answer "I agree". If you state as a blanket fact however "Wikipedia is not a reference source", there's a problem with that. It's an opinion, and can be debated. Wikipedia is often used as a reference source. We've all seen people do it. It is presented on the front page as
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
. I suggest an encylopedia can be considered a reference source. In my library, encyclopedias are in the reference section.

postmortem

Love is a mental illness
You don't contribute to Wikipedia, do you, PostMortem? because what you just did there, that's the problem I have with it. You've presented opinion as fact without support.

The idea Jaws, and Halloween are considered to be misogynist works is an opinion not an accepted fact. I have no doubt there are people who consider the assertion to be true, but without knowing who those people are, or what percentage of the viewership they represent, the statement is only an unsupported opinion.

If you say to me "Wikipedia is probably not always a reliable reference source", I would most likely answer "I agree". If you state as a blanket fact however "Wikipedia is not a reference source", there's a problem with that. It's an opinion, and can be debated. Wikipedia is often used as a reference source. We've all seen people do it. It is presented on the front page as . I suggest an encylopedia can be considered a reference source. In my library, encyclopedias are in the reference section.
Who are the contributors to Wikipedia? Profesors? Are there any names written down the articles on Wikipedia? No. An article should be signed by a name, all encyclopedias list their contributors. Because an encyclopedia can't be anonymous, if it is, then it is hoax and doesn't have a reference source value, that's what I say. Wikipedia labels itself as "free encylopedia" but it has no reference source value because its contributors aren't listed and they do not cite any reference to their 'articles'. I read it and it doesn't take me to contribute to it to point these facts out.
About the idea Jaws, and Halloween being considered to be misogynist works being an opinion not accepted as a fact, by whom exactly are these not accepted, as far as I know, you didn't support it as well. I was giving an example for the film reading which is a branch in cinema criticism, and has tones of programs in any university which has a Film and Television Department.

Who are the contributors to Wikipedia? Profesors? Are there any names written down the articles on Wikipedia? No. An article should be signed by a name, all encyclopedias list their contributors. Because an encyclopedia can't be anonymous, if it is, then it is hoax and doesn't have a reference source value, that's what I say. Wikipedia labels itself as "free encylopedia" but it has no reference source value because its contributors aren't listed and they do not cite any reference to their 'articles'. I read it and it doesn't take me to contribute to it to point these facts out.
The point is, Wikipedia promotes itself as a place of fact, but the moment it starts having opinion mixed in all the facts it represents come under the same scrutiny because then you have to go and verify those facts externally from that site.
Namy peopl use that site as a factual source of information and site it thusly, infact many members on this site do the same BECAUSE it labels and considers itself an Encyclopedia.
N4H didn't say that it WAS one, he said that is how they, and many others, perceive themselves.

About the idea Jaws, and Halloween being considered to be misogynist works being an opinion not an accepted fact, by whom exactly are these not accepted, as far as I know, you didn't support it as well. I was giving an example for the film reading which is a branch in cinema criticism, and has tones of programs in any university which has a Film and Television Department.
As for this, could you please show more ignorance if possible?
You have stated one possible interpretation of the subtext of two movies. No one is saying that is the wrong one, only that its not actually stated as fact, its only an opinion.
There are many films with multiple explanantions and interpretations of the text, as well as TV shows and even Music.
So to label two movies as only having one specific meaning THEN bitching at someone who seems to know about these things(lets be honest, N4H seems to live in the world of subtext and interpretation;) ) and suggest that he is wrong because he told YOU that your suggestion that was not the only possible underlying theme because its not fact, shows just how absurd you really are.

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
About the idea Jaws, and Halloween being considered to be misogynist works being an opinion not accepted as a fact, by whom exactly are these not accepted, as far as I know, you didn't support it as well. I was giving an example for the film reading which is a branch in cinema criticism, and has tones of programs in any university which has a Film and Television Department.
So we agree on the opinion Wikipedia is not always reliable as a reference source. What's the problem?

Whether, or not it's an acknowledged fact Jaws can be written off as misogynistic we'll leave for another day. It's off-topic here.

Schillaci

Scooby
I thought Jaws was about a shark.:buble_eye

I should pay more attention to films.:looking:

Sometimes the implicit meaning of a masterpiece film like Jaws is just too subtle for my simple brain to comprehend. Damn my lack of understanding!!::grrr::

oops, so yeah Lindsey, kissing girls, having sex with girls, so clearly a disguise!

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
So we agree on the opinion Wikipedia is not always reliable as a reference source. What's the problem?

Whether, or not it's an acknowledged fact Jaws can be written off as misogynistic we'll leave for another day. It's off-topic here.
I've missed you soo much!!!!

I've never given it a second though (his sexuality that is). His feelings for Darla were more than just lust, his feelings for Angel were not of that nature...he took his hand! Of course he is going to harbour a 'certain' type of feelings for him.

postmortem

Love is a mental illness
You have stated one possible interpretation of the subtext of two movies. No one is saying that is the wrong one, only that its not actually stated as fact, its only an opinion.
Why is this fixation about facts then? Give source, oh yes it is a source material fixation about Wikipedia? Why are you attacking me at every chance you have it? Did I attack Nerd4Hire? No one was attacking anyone and one minute next you started to put bad remarks on every post I wrote.

Why is this fixation about facts then? Give source, oh yes it is a source material fixation about Wikipedia? Why are you attacking me at every chance you have it? Did I attack Nerd4Hire? No one was attacking anyone and one minute next you started to put bad remarks on every post I wrote.

No one is attacking you, we merely have given our opposing opinions on your comments be it in this form or vis the Agree or Disagree Repping system.
That system is not a means to tell someone you like them or not.

Top Bottom