• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Little miss muffet counting down from 7-3-0

drizzlydaze

The Bloody
Black Thorn
^What she said. And it also refers to Dawn as "Little Miss Muffet". When a crazy person approached Dawn in front of the Magic Box, he said something about curds and whey, a reference to the nursery rhyme Little Miss Muffet, which calls back to what Faith said.

Nathan

Potential
I think Joss himself said it was a reference to Dawn's arrival & the events in S5?

It is kinda chilling, to think that the hints were dropped quietly way back in S3 :eek:

RogueDemonHunter

Potential
Oh yeah, and does anyone know what she meant by, "miles to go", because the full line was, "miles to go, little miss muffet counting down from 730"

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Oh yeah, and does anyone know what she meant by, "miles to go", because the full line was, "miles to go, little miss muffet counting down from 730"
For that one all I can think is "Miles to go before I sleep" from a Robert Frost poem. I seem to think they've used that line before. I'm guessing it's just referencing the fact that while Faith is in a coma, they're having this shared dreamspace/prophecy dream (or it's just Buffy's dream, we've debated this before).

D
drizzlydaze
[No message]

Gum Gnome33

"Well, yeah..."
Sineya
For that one all I can think is "Miles to go before I sleep" from a Robert Frost poem. I seem to think they've used that line before. I'm guessing it's just referencing the fact that while Faith is in a coma, they're having this shared dreamspace/prophecy dream (or it's just Buffy's dream, we've debated this before).
That's a good point. I think it could also be a reference, in keeping with Frost's line "Miles to go before I sleep," to Buffy's death and all that she will go through before she can "sleep." Or maybe even a hint at the fact that her death will be temporary and that she still has miles to go before she truly "sleeps."
In any case, I think it's a commentary about how their work is never done.

VisionGirl
VisionGirl
[No message]
D
drizzlydaze
[No message]

Jeff86

Potential
I love how Joss tossed in little hints like this scene. I noticed two more yesterday watching "This Year's Girl" and "Who Are You?" In "This Year's Girl," Faith is dreaming that she and Buffy are making Buffy's bed, and Faith says "Little sis coming, I know." Also, if you listen closely in "Who Are You?," when Faith (in Buffy's body) is reading off a credit card number on the phone, she says the expiration is 5/01, which is when "The Gift" aired. Pretty cool stuff. :)

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
I love how Joss tossed in little hints like this scene. I noticed two more yesterday watching "This Year's Girl" and "Who Are You?" In "This Year's Girl," Faith is dreaming that she and Buffy are making Buffy's bed, and Faith says "Little sis coming, I know." Also, if you listen closely in "Who Are You?," when Faith (in Buffy's body) is reading off a credit card number on the phone, she says the expiration is 5/01, which is when "The Gift" aired. Pretty cool stuff. :)
And the even more amazing thing, he doesn't even bother telling us that that's what he meant. On the show, he never actually showed us, by saying that out loud. He knows that the fans will figure it out. He trusts that, and he's right. Most people who will write a TV show and plant hits about all sorts of arcs, will be so excited about revealing them, doesn't matter if fans figure them out or not.

Top Bottom