• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

'lo all!

atiredonnie

"What's a stevedore?"
sup! i'm onnie, something of a chick from 'murica who's watching buffy and angel for the first time and who absolutely adores it. just finished buffy s6 and angel s1, so while my buffy journey may be almost over there's still a lot more angel waiting for me. might as well get the opinions out of the way - favorite seasons are 3 and 6, favorite characters are faith, buffy, and dawn, favorite episodes are restless, who are you, once more with feeling, the gift, and the body, and i am deeply passionate and in love with pretty much everything about this show!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the forum! A lot of people have joined within the last year and many of them have come to the same conclusions - these two shows are among the best written and acted shows ever to appear on television. I have been on the forum for years now since it is one of the most intelligent and civil fan forums in existence.

With the amount of discussion about Faith, it is hard to believe she only appears in 20 episodes of Buffy and 6 episodes of Angel because she dominates in every one. It is also hard to believe that Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) was only 17 when she started this gruelling pace and carried the entire show. There aren't many 17 year-olds you could trust to take out the garbage every week let alone carry the enormous investment in a show. Dawn may be the best actress of them all and Alison Hannigan agrees in the comments on the DVD's and as far as opinions go, Alison > the entire internet.

3 and 6 are also my favourite seasons although 6 is a little more uneven - the good episodes are really good but the bad ones are atrocious.

Priceless

Scooby
Hi and welcome. It's good to have another Dawn and Season 6 fan on the boards. I'm sure you'll have fun here :)

atiredonnie

"What's a stevedore?"
Welcome to the forum! A lot of people have joined within the last year and many of them have come to the same conclusions - these two shows are among the best written and acted shows ever to appear on television. I have been on the forum for years now since it is one of the most intelligent and civil fan forums in existence.

With the amount of discussion about Faith, it is hard to believe she only appears in 20 episodes of Buffy and 6 episodes of Angel because she dominates in every one. It is also hard to believe that Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) was only 17 when she started this gruelling pace and carried the entire show. There aren't many 17 year-olds you could trust to take out the garbage every week let alone carry the enormous investment in a show. Dawn may be the best actress of them all and Alison Hannigan agrees in the comments on the DVD's and as far as opinions go, Alison > the entire internet.

3 and 6 are also my favourite seasons although 6 is a little more uneven - the good episodes are really good but the bad ones are atrocious.
yeah, faith's lack of presence compared to other important characters is pretty astonishing to me too. given all that she is she feels like she should be a far more featured character than the likes of like, tara and oz, two characters that i adore but have precious little depth beyond being willow's love interests. like i said, i haven't seen buffy s7 or anything beyond angel s1 so i don't know about her appearances there, if she does make appearances, but she's so fantastically written and so impactful that out of the what, roughly 3/4ths of season 3 and precious few episodes in buffy s4 and angel s1 she's in she's established herself as easily my favorite character. and of course all of the actors are so incredibly talented.

6 is interesting because while i wholeheartedly understand why people dislike episodes like gone, doublemeat palace, and dead things, i don't agree in the slightest. they might not be my absolute favorites but they all touch so deftly and understandingly on depression and abuse as subject matters and the dismal, somewhat distasteful atmosphere so many of these season 6 episodes command i find to be really uniquely compelling. season 6 in general is just so maligned by the general public from what i've seen and i think a ton of that is because of how it leaves a lingering terrible taste in your mouth and how dour it is, but that's something i personally really value because i'm, you know, emo teen and whatnot.

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
Hey! Welcome to the boards!

watching buffy and angel for the first time
I have to admit that I'm slightly jealous over this. That first time watching any TV show is sort of special in a way, in my opinion. You have many great moments coming on Angel, and still a few left in Buffy S7.

I'm also a fan of Buffy and Faith. Buffy is my favorite female character in the Buffyverse, and I absolutely love her to pieces! Faith is great in both shows, although I prefer her arc on Angel.
I'm not a huge Dawn fan, but there are many people on these boards who are.
I also love S3 and consider it my favorite season of Buffy, and S6 has grown on me quite a bit over the years. I love all of the episodes that you mentioned, especially Restless!

atiredonnie

"What's a stevedore?"
Hey! Welcome to the boards!

I have to admit that I'm slightly jealous over this. That first time watching any TV show is sort of special in a way, in my opinion. You have many great moments coming on Angel, and still a few left in Buffy S7.

I'm also a fan of Buffy and Faith. Buffy is my favorite female character in the Buffyverse, and I absolutely love her to pieces! Faith is great in both shows, although I prefer her arc on Angel.
I'm not a huge Dawn fan, but there are many people on these boards who are.
I also love S3 and consider it my favorite season of Buffy, and S6 has grown on me quite a bit over the years. I love all of the episodes that you mentioned, especially Restless!
yep, i'm really excited to watch the rest of angel and buffy s7, although i doubt it could top what i've seen from buffy so far, honestly. buffy isn't my personal favorite just because of how much faith appeals to me, but i absolutely believe she's one of the best written and most emotionally impactful characters in fiction. she has so much cultural significance as a feminist icon and even beyond that the intricacies of her character, her relationships with others, her depression, the horrific responsibility she's forced to deal with and how much she's sacrificed to save the world over and over again - her love life, her grades, her social life, her familial relationships, her own happiness and even life. she's just such a tour de force of a person and i love everything she is and everything she represents.

restless is so wonderful! such a gorgeous melding of symbolism, themes, foreshadowing, and humor in a bizarre finale entirely unconcerned with the rather lackluster main plot of the season. it was the perfect way to end season four, in my opinion.

Cheese Slices

A Bidet of Evil
Welcome to the boards :)

Hope you have fun here ! And let me add you have great taste ;)
Let us know what you think of the rest once you've watched it all.

Enjoy your stay !

Kratos

Scooby
Welcome. I’m more of an AtS fan, but I love BtVS too. It’s my third favourite show, behind AtS and The Fugitive. Can only think of a few episodes I dislike and even they have some good moments in them.

Faith, Buffy and Dawn are a few of my favorite characters as well. Fav seasons are 2, 6 and 5 maybe because I watched the series out of order. I’m more attached to the seasons that are hard to watch.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Welcome to the boards! :D

Enjoy your journey with Angel, it's my personal favorite of the two shows :)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Hello there! Welcome to the Boards..... :)

Always glad to see another Faith fan joining our ranks.....
Don't mind Dawn but Buffy & Faith are by far my fav characters (As you can probably tell ;) )

Oh what I would give to be watching Buffy for the first time.....As a someone who watched when it first aired, having to wait a whole week to find out what happened next was a killer... :D

Top Bottom