1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Looking for newish story/action driven fanfic (details in post)

Discussion in 'Introduction To The Watcher Diaries' started by Riderofapocalypse, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Riderofapocalypse

Riderofapocalypse Potential

Buffy board members assemble. I have a request. Been wanting to read Buffy/Angel fan fiction again.

I've had my fill of regular ships long ago, and ship focused Buffy/Angel fan fictions. As i grow older, I look for more story/action driven fics. As well as with more adult themes, as if i would be watching (reading in this case) a rated R or higher movie or TV series.

Can anyone help a brother out with being linked, or directed to anything newish (like the past 3-5 years)? Something that has ships, sure. But doesn't focus on romantic relationships. (If there's more than a few scenes of wink wink, nudge nudge, bowchicka-wow-wow, no problem). Something that has a great story, even with OC characters as long as they are developed well.
    I've read less than a handful of fics that had the good guys in a post apoclapytic setting, which was awesome, but the rating was like T for teen. And it showed in the writting.

- So in a nutshell, i'm asking if anyone has read or written a fic for someone who was around a teenager when Buffy aired, could enjoy and somewhat relate to as an adult now? Now that we've seen things on HBO or Netflix, like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Dare Devil, etc.

The fic's setting and time frame can be anything. The more unique and creative the better.
    But keeping to the themes of both Buffy and Angel. With the battles and the magic and the big bads. I don't think i'd be interested in a fic where Buffy looses her powers and has to be a regular adult and mother to Dawn. Or something like that.
    I understand that this is probably a near impossible request. But one could always hope. Direct message me if you're not comfortable with sharing publicly on this thread, but graciously have something to share.

To anyone who shares, or takes the time to read this. I thank you.
    Have a nice day/night. Cheers.
    Rider

2. Puppet

Puppet My ass is not pansy!

Black Thorn
    The one that comes immediately to my mind, in fitting with your parameters, is the stunning Compelled series on FF.net. I read it years ago and I often think of it, even just in passing.

I can't remember any pairing being the focus, or even any one character for the series as a whole. I don't remember if the entire series is complete, but I know the first few stories are.

The basic plot is this: First Story in the Compelled series: The Shaper of Things decides to replay the game from an earlier level... - AU Series - COMPLETE

Basically, Illyria uses her time-bending powers to bring her and Wes back to an earlier point and change the fight with the First, and other events. Truly exquisite, the equal way each character is used, bringing Illyria and Fred into the same story in separate bodies, the battle sequences. Jesus, I need to read this again, just breathtaking!

Unfortunately, that's all I got! I'm a Spuffy shipper so that's mostly what I read, the rest is heavily focused on other ships, like 1 Spander and 1 Dawn/OC story, which I both adore entirely.

Hope you find other great stuff to read :D

PS: Forgot to add a link Compelled to Play Again Chapter 1, a buffy: the vampire slayer fanfic | FanFiction

3. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

I know great writers with action-packed stories. My favorites would be written by Sparrow2000 and Aadler. I mostly read Xander fanfiction, hope that's okay. The other characters play main roles in those fics.

For Sparrow2000, there's:

1) Cracks in the World: This is a pre-season 1 AU. Xander is aware of Sunnydale’s underbelly and Giles has just arrived in town. Things are about to get a little complicated. Then there's its sequel The Beating of the Bounds : After the events in my pre-season 1 AU, Cracks in the World, this story picks up at the start of season 1 and Xander comes to terms with his place in the world and Giles has to come to terms with the arrival of his Slayer.

2) Magpie : Set post Chosen. Xander is travelling around Europe doing jobs for the Council when things start to happen. Then there's the sequel Mockingbird : Xander is still coming to terms with the events in Magpie , but forces outside his control seem disinclined to leave him alone.

For Aadler, there's:

1) The Final Cut : (Ethan, Giles, Jenny, Xander) A rescue that doesn’t go exactly as planned, with more than a few unexpected lessons learned.

2) Phanton309 : (Xander, Marcie Ross) What happens when the past comes looking for the man nobody sees.

3) Curious Poses : (Xander, Kennedy) A character study piece. A mystery and a twist. Dr. Skudea has questions about the watcher/Slayer relationship between Xander and Kennedy.

4) Walking After Midnight : (Xander, Angel) Sometimes the enemy you can count on is the friend you need most.