• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Lorne was taken for granted.

PK Willow

Townie
I think at certain points throughout Angel, Lorne was taken for granted a lot. He was put in a lot of positions he didn't want to be in because of his ability. I felt really sorry for him, especially when he shot Lindsey. :( One can see why he had had enough. That, and when Lorne told Angel to never look for him again, were very stinging. Especially since Lorne was used a lot and it seemed like he was very under appreciated.... Not to mention, he never wanted to be violent in the first place.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
I completely agree. I was never a fan of Lorne myself, but the guy deserved better, or at least more recognition.

Kurai

Potential
I get what you mean. I mean, his bar got destroyed at least twice throughout the series as a result of Angel Investigation's exploits (maybe not directly, but you get what I mean). Despite that, he sticks around with the gang, most likely because he had nowhere else to go. The gang seemed to take him for granted a lot, usually resorting to 'ask Lorne' when a problem arises.

However, I respect Lorne for sticking around for as long as he did, and he seemed to genuinely care for them. He helped them out a lot in his own way, and it'd be interesting to see what happened to him after 'Not Fade Away', to see how his life turned out.

timbitsmama

Townie
[MENTION=12271]Kurai[/MENTION], I agree completely! To see what happened to Lorne would be really cool. My mom always said he was her favorite character, and when I watched the show for the first time, I didn't know why, but now, we're watching it again, and he really is a great character. He says funny things and thinks from his heart. I mean, you really have to be a nice guy to help a pregnant Darla, even though you know she's evil--pregnant or not. Lorne was always the afterthought, I felt.

Black Thorn
Yep Lorne was used but I'm not sure he was underappreciated. And if he was then what person isn't for helping or being heroic. He still did it cause a part of him wanted to but he turned his back when it became something he no longer wanted part of but he still did it which says a lot about his character

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Yes, yes and more yes! As a big Lorne Fan, I always felt like all the AI did was care about themselves and not the team except him and Angel. I mean, he literally got back to Pylea, the place he hated the most in the universe, to help the gang. He got his club destroyed twice and loss all his customers. As much as I love Connor, he was horrible to Lorne even thought Lorne was the one who babysat him the most and sang him to sleep. He got zero love interest because apparently he didn't need love of his own. And the Lindsey thing. He probably has the most undeserving arc of the Ats serie after Cordy!

Top Bottom