• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

News Lorne's Final Song: a Tribute to Andy

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
In March, we'll be doing an ANGEL SPECIAL dedicated to Andy Hallett's character, LORNE. The issue serves as a tribute to Andy as well as a final send-off for Lorne, too. It seemed to me the right thing to do would be to remove Lorne (not permanently permanently, mind you) from the main continuity rather than keep using him. And John Byrne, who was friendly with Andy, is going to tell the tale and illustrate it, too. It'll be a 48-page book with a full-length story as well as some tribute pieces to Andy and some other things, too. "Groo" himself, Mark Lutz, is also helping out on that end (and his character plays a pivotal role in the issue, as does Groo's dragon, Cordy). Here's JB's cover for the issue, colored by Eisner-winner Ronda Pattison

RyallTime: Lorne's final song

B
Buffyverse Fan
[No message]

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Ok, I'm a little sad that they've decided to 'retire' Lorne, but at the same time, I'm really glad that they've decided not to kill him off. I was worried that that was where they were going to take the character, so I think this is a nice idea. And I'm really glad Mark's going to be involved, as he seemed to be good friends with Andy.

HisMrs
HisMrs
[No message]

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Thanks for posting that Kean. It's a little sad that they're retiring Lorne for the time being, but I think it's a respectful thing to be doing for his family too. I'm not a frequent comic-buyer, but it sounds like it'll be a great story and I'll definitely have to order myself a copy. :)

Emzzie

Care Bear With Fangs
Its great they are doing this. I'll definitley buy it as I loved Andy and Lorne.

F

frankie

I hope they don't kill Lorne off. I would like to see his story conclude but in a fitting way. Maybe a different path or a new calling that will take him away from the team.
I look forward to reading it though. John Byrne is a favorite writer and artist of mine. So the fact he's doing both here should be great.

Frketson

The Late Goodbye
I dont agree with that at all, i dont see it as disrepectful keeping him on nor do i find it like theyre using him to make money. With the angel comics they should be striving to have.keep as many AI members they can, not get rid of them all...

Amanda108

Potential
I'll definitely be buying this! It'll be beautiful, though I don't think they should be "retiring" the character. Even if they aren't killing him, it's still one less original character for the ever-dwindling group. I don't see how it's disrespectful to the actor for a fictional person to be used in a comic.

Wesley

Investigator
Yeah, I'm not sure why they think it's a good idea to 'retire' the Lorne character. For me, and I hope for Andy, it would have been a little bit of comfort to me to know that even though I died, a small little piece of me would go on in a limited form. Not only that but that little bit of me would continue to bring enjoyment to people and make their lives better.

Andy died far to young and Lorne was part of his legacy, why retire him?

Willow-Tree

Your Childhood Trauma
This is so awesome that they're doing this. It's better to send him off for a bit fairly than to have him in the issues just because there's nothing else to do with him.

Does anyone know if this will be canon?

GIRismyhero

Townie
I had no idea Andy Hallett had died until I read this. I feel like total crap right now. I was watching all the season's of Angel the other day and was like 'I would love to meet Andy Hallett someday." Just because I had a big ass crush on him, even in his demon face. Anyway, I thought I would tell my surprise because the same thing happened with Glenn Quinn. I didn't know he died until the episode where he was remembered at the end. It's like that all over again. Blagh.

Top Bottom