• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Mac and cheese?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Do you like the mac and cheese?
Do you like the ice cream?
How would you like mac and cheese flavored ice cream?

from today
Kraft's latest culinary innovation is a little bit sweet, a tad savory and just bonkers enough to work.
The brand has teamed up with Brooklyn-based Van Leeuwen Ice Cream to create a macaroni-and-cheese-flavored ice cream, and it comes just in time for National Macaroni & Cheese Day (July 14).

kraft-ice-cream-kb-inline-210712.jpg

If the new product makes you scratch your head more than jump for joy, we get it. Why would that neon-orange dust translate well into a sweet treat? But Kraft and Van Leeuwen combined their expertise to create a creamy, cheesy sweet treat that actually seems pretty intriguing. “We know that there is nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day than ice cream. That is why we wanted to combine two of the most iconic comfort foods to create an ice cream with the unforgettable flavor of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese we all grew up with,” Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Sr. Associate Brand Manager Emily Violett said in a press release.

“As big fans of Van Leeuwen, we knew they’d be the perfect partner to create this ice cream with us. Not only does it taste delicious, but it’s also made with high quality ingredients and contains no artificial flavors, preservatives, or dyes just like our Kraft Macaroni & Cheese," Violett said.

A pint will set you back $12, but New Yorkers can try the flavor for free on July 14 between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. at an ice cream truck in Union Square. So, if you're in the area and aren't ready to commit to a whole pint without a taste test, it's worth stopping by.

LemonBanana

Glorious Purpose
Sineya
I'm willing to give it a go for sure, but I have veryy low expectations! It's either going to ruin mac and cheese, or ruin ice cream

Nix

🤪
Sineya
No no no no and no! Yukky. I hate the taste, small and texture 🤮

Nix

🤪
Sineya
You're just odd for not liking ice cream.

Ice-cream is not the problem... it's the Mac n' Cheese! I hate it so to flavour an ice-cream with it would just make me puke!
Now if it was Baileys that would not be a problem.

Stake fodder

Soulless
I guess mac n' cheese is the new bacon, becoming the new fad food that is added to everything. It's already being put on burgers that I've seen advertised, and now being added to ice cream, just as bacon has been. And like bacon, I think it really represents a backlash against healthy eating dictates, rather than that the people are crying out for new ice cream flavors.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I do likes me that beer ice cream. Even though it's technically soft serve and not ice cream as it's not made with cream; just a frozen beer treat.
hmmmm beer in a cone
saucedstout_internal_mikerphone.jpg

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I LOVE mac N Cheese! Love love love it! I also love Ice Cream. I do not want to taste Mac N Cheese ice cream. But I would try it. i just don't expect it to be good.

I guess mac n' cheese is the new bacon, becoming the new fad food that is added to everything. It's already being put on burgers that I've seen advertised, and now being added to ice cream, just as bacon has been. And like bacon, I think it really represents a backlash against healthy eating dictates, rather than that the people are crying out for new ice cream flavors.
I love the maple bacon flavored ice cream that has actual bacon bits in it. It's still yummy.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
As a former student I instinctively understand the appeal of mixing comfort foods with each other to create incredible new recipes that only you- the hungover you at any rate- could possibly enjoy.

I'm not sure how much mass appeal this has and I'll like to know how you get to dream things like this up and get paid for it.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@Miss Muffet, does the Broccoli ice cream have bits of Broccoli in it? Get Spanky to taste test it, after that Mac 'n' Cheese yukky stuff.

Top Bottom