• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Mal or Caleb ?

Which character?

• Mal

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Caleb

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Mal, he has so much more personality. Caleb was kinda one dimensional, whereas Mal, has history, connects with the other characters and has some great lines!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
For all of his viciousness, Caleb was a subservient character ordered around by The First Evil. We all knew what he was going to attempt to do and it was all very one-dimensional.

Mal was the captain of his own ship and there was always the idea that he would do something unexpected. He had literally a whole galaxy of choices of what to do, so his story could always be interesting.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I'd say Mal too. He was fun nod to Han Solo with depth all of his own. I like Caleb as a villain. Just wish we got more of him.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Mal! :)

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Caleb. He's a great villain and it was very fun to see Nathan Fillion play him. He gives a little extra something to the end of season 7. But he's not as fully formed a character as Mal is. He's not as cute as Mal is (say Caleb, did your mother cut your hair because I don't think the pennies saved were worth that horror), he's not as funny as Mal is, he's not as complex as Mal is. So it's all about Mal at the end of the day for me.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Please, if you told Joss he has 10 seconds to devise a series premise, "Heroic Petite Girl fights a Clergyman who doesn't like women," is what he spouts out. Two minutes, he adds "Both have a Southern accent." Caleb is a stock character, the only real innovation was making him Superman.

Top Bottom