• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Michelle Tractenberg: Did her beauty distract you sometimes?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Satanic Panda
Black Thorn
Michelle was just so freaking pretty that I'd get distracted sometimes. She had the most AMAZING face and hair.

The character of Dawn annoyed the hell out of me (except when she found out Tara & Willow were back together...or her little dance dance with Anya). Yet despite my annoyance, I'd find myself thinking, "Wow, she is really pretty!"FB_IMG_1449273956522.jpg

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
While I agree that MT is beautiful, I think there were far more beautiful women who were part of the cast. Eliza Dushku and Sarah Michelle Gellar, for example. But I was never distracted by them while they were on the screen. Yes, I might have had a moment were I though, 'wow, pretty', the plot and story was always were my attention was when I was watching. The pretty-marveling was reserved for later when I was making art and trying to choose the perfect image, lol.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
It would now but then it was more jailbait. She was just a little girl.

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
Careful, or else this might turn into a thread about who the hottest woman on the show is. ;)

Yes, Michelle is indeed very beautiful. In Season 7. Seasons 5 and 6 were, ahem, jail bait.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Satanic Panda
Black Thorn
It would now but then it was more jailbait. She was just a little girl.
Careful, or else this might turn into a thread about who the hottest woman on the show is. ;)

Yes, Michelle is indeed very beautiful. In Season 7. Seasons 5 and 6 were, ahem, jail bait.
Oh my God...are you both saying that a teenager can't be called beautiful because she's "jail bait"?

Is this an American thing? The term "jail bait" has distinct sexual overtones...I can't vouch for you guys, but I'm actually able to recognize beauty without anything sexual being involved.
I don't care how old Michelle was in S5 & S6. She was gorgeous. Just a stunning girl. Period.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
Yes. Same for Connor. But if Connor had not been so good-looking I would have a much harder time enduring his whining. So shallow of me.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Oh my God...are you both saying that a teenager can't be called beautiful because she's "jail bait"?
Yes, simply put it could be considered lecherous to be an adult male 'distracted' (from the show) by the appearance of an underage girl. I think I would have a problem with anyone that said they were, honestly.

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD

Is this an American thing? The term "jail bait" has distinct sexual overtones...I can't vouch for you guys, but I'm actually able to recognize beauty without anything sexual being involved.
I don't care how old Michelle was in S5 & S6. She was gorgeous. Just a stunning girl. Period.
Not at all. Just that she was a bit young in Seasons 5 and 6, though it didn't make her any less beautiful. Sorry if I came off the wrong way!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Thanks for being so pleasant :)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Satanic Panda
Black Thorn
Yes. Same for Connor. But if Connor had not been so good-looking I would have a much harder time enduring his whining. So shallow of me.
That's a very good point. Vincent was extraordinarily gorgeous. He had a PERFECT face, just like Michelle.
And it's very true that Connor's whining was easier to take because of his appealing looks. :D

Yes, simply put it could be considered lecherous to be an adult male 'distracted' (from the show) by the appearance of an underage girl.
Well, it's a good thing that I'm not an adult male, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Not at all. Just that she was a bit young in Seasons 5 and 6, though it didn't make her any less beautiful. Sorry if I came off the wrong way!
No problem. Thank you for being so pleasant about the matter. :)

Last edited:

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Well, it's a good thing that I'm not an adult male, isn't it? *eye roll*
I'm sorry.. maybe next time you should quantify your question with the type of answers you would like to receive so as not to have to suffer through opinions that vary from your own. *eye roll*

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Off topic but I LOVE the fact that Vincent Kartheiser can laugh about his looks - allowing the Mad Men hair & make-up team to fake-recede his hairline.

This, and there are some pretty funny promotional tour photos out there.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Satanic Panda
Black Thorn
I'm sorry.. maybe next time you should quantify your question with the type of answers you would like to receive so as not to have to suffer through opinions that vary from your own. *eye roll*
And perhaps your time would be better spent volunteering for worthwhile causes, such as homelessness, for example. There's a chance they wouldn't even notice your superiority complex.

Wildfly

blue fire
Black Thorn

Is this an American thing?
Nno, don't think so... i am not from the US, but it was also my first thought.
More specifically 'beautiful? She was just a kid'
I actually had to to work on myself not to hate her, she was just an annoying brat for me in 5th season, but now that I've seen MT's pics posted in this forum looks like she'd grown up a beau.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Let's keep a good tone in here ok?

As for the question.... Not even once, but that's because I don't find her pretty at all. Same for Vincent Kartheiser. I think they both look quite awkward actually. Interesting how tastes can be so different.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
I can objectively say that she's beautiful, but personally she's not my type. I find Eliza Dushku, or Amber Benson to be way prettier, but I can see how MT might be considered traditionally beautiful.

But on the show, definitely not, her beauty never distracted me, at all. She acts like such a teenager (which eh, I like, she's suppose to be one), that even if I were to find her beautiful, it wouldn't distract me, the teenager-ness prevents that from happening.

bespangeled
bespangeled
I want AB as my bestie!

Mr Trick

Scooby
I guess because she is pretty in a very perky, playful kind of way then it feeds into the character. Good acting and writing can get round an actresses looks, but I don't think that Tractenberg is too pretty.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Well MT is a good looking actress, and she grew up in s7. I like her joke about being taller than Buffy. Probably the only time it was even close to distracting is when they actually made it a distraction which is when she's dancing with RJ at the Bronze in Him. But she's just Dawn the (sometimes whiny) teenager, Buffy's little sister to me.

Now actresses that were distracting
Eliza, especially in s7!
SMG, she has her moments, and mostly I find her look in general distracting. Like, "what are you wearing Buffy?" or "SMG looks great in that outfit."
CC, when she's in those bathing suit outfits. It's hard not to notice her breasts. It's a bit distracting, like "Put on some clothes Cordy!"

Top Bottom