• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Missing Characters' Last Storylines?

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
I'm very confused about how A&F abandons AtS characters and also wonder about the canon/fanfic status of IDW comics. Would anyone please explain to me about the last canon appearance of these characters?

Wesley: Became conduits of Senior Partners, but time-rewinded back and then what?

Gunn: Became vampire, but time-rewinded back and then what?

Lorne: I remember he died and gained a gaia-like existence. Is this canon?

Gwen/Spider/George: Not as if I care about these three, but where are they?

VisionBoy

Scooby
Sineya
Gunn appeared in Family Reunion and Fred is now in the series.

I think for the most part they want Angel and Faith to stand separate from Ats. If they brought all of AI over I don't think it'd really be Angel and Faith, it'd just be another season of Angel with Faith just so happening to be part of the team. Plus it's mostly set in London and a lot of characters just wouldn't really have a reason to be there.

white avenger

white avenger
wonder about the canon/fanfic status of IDW comics.

Wesley: Became conduits of Senior Partners, but time-rewinded back and then what?

"Angel: After The Fall" and the two or three "Spike" miniseries are supposed to be canon. As for the rest of the IDW "season," I don't think that any of it actually happened in the Dark Horse Buffyverse.

I hadn't actually thought about what happened to Wes after the time reversal. I suppose he is just dead, but no longer the property of Wolfram & Hart.

Apparently, the time reset took everyone back to a point before Gunn was turned, so he is 100% normal human once more. I think that it was mentioned in one of the IDW books that everyone's memory of the time in hell was fading away, so it's likely that he doesn't recall his time as a vampire in hell, or what e did while there. Just as well, because we don't need another character wasting time brooding over what they really can't do anything about.

It's hard to say, with any amount of certainty exactly what happened to the rest of the team after the "After The Fall" unless it's mentioned in a Dark Horse story because of the canon question. As far as I can recall, neither Connor, Nina, Gwen, Kate, Lorne nor any of the others have been mentioned so far, so they remain pretty much a mystery.

gite63

Gone
Sineya

Lorne: I remember he died and gained a gaia-like existence. Is this canon?

Gwen/Spider/George: Not as if I care about these three, but where are they?
Wes is just dead - but if I remember well, he was a conduit for the Senior Partners because he was their employee... and even after death, W&H owns them. Which makes me wonder - wouldn't it be the case for Angel, Gunn, Fred and Lorne? Although it was said that Fred's soul was destroyed... and now she was reseted.

Gun and Connor are living in Los Angeles - they appeared on Angel & Faith S9. Gunn, apparently, is still at the Hyperion Hotel. Connor is in College and dating. Kate works for the LAPD division for supernatural crimes and Nina got married - and Gunn sends reports about all of them to Angel in London (Angel used to spy on Buffy as well, remember The Girl in Question?)

Lorne had his farewell on a IDW comic, so I don't know if it's considered canon. But as Andy Hallett died and the issue was a homage to him, I think Lorne is gone for good, unfortunately. To Angel, Gunn said "I don't have to tell you about Lorne."

Gwen, Maria Harley-Spikette-Spider and George have never been mentioned since After the Fall. I like Gwen, Maria Harley-Spikette-Spider and Betta George.

I think that it was mentioned in one of the IDW books that everyone's memory of the time in hell was fading away,
I don't think so...

Last edited:
Top Bottom