• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

More exercise and more support.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
Getting close to the end of the year, so let's keep going before Christmas gets us!

Zumba wasn't on this week and I did miss it, looking forward to getting back to it this Wednesday. I need to get myself more organised though, plan meals better and plan my time better. I was talking about this with a friend yesterday about how much time we can waste doing nothing, instead of enjoying the time we have.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Oof, I'm exhausted after my day and already in the mind set of blowing off exercise tomorrow. But yes, Christmas is coming and I really want to get to my goal weight before then so I can eat whatever I want!

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I haven't done as much as I would have liked to this week, busy week at work meant I didn't get many steps in. I managed to walk a fair amount in Birmingham on Friday, but that was about it really for the week.

New week though so food shopping to do today and then I can get back to it.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Any movement is better than no movement :D

I have done the usual garden stuff today. A little more weeding than usual. I am starting to think the morning poo pick when I had horses loosened my back up cos I felt much better after a bit of weeding this morning. The sun is here so I flitter in and out of the house, doing blocks in the garden until I start to burn (I used suncream last week and broke out SO FAST, now my skin is incredibly dry, so I would rather avoid lengths in the sun than use suncream). I got way more done today than I had envisioned which is always nice. I seem to do better when I don't plan, cos when I do plan I put too much pressure on myself to stick to the plan! Going with the flow suits me and my qi gong/tai chi way better.

I hope we see a few pretty pics in this thread ;) my walkies pictures were all lonely in the last one.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Any movement is better than no movement :D

I have done the usual garden stuff today. A little more weeding than usual. I am starting to think the morning poo pick when I had horses loosened my back up cos I felt much better after a bit of weeding this morning. The sun is here so I flitter in and out of the house, doing blocks in the garden until I start to burn (I used suncream last week and broke out SO FAST, now my skin is incredibly dry, so I would rather avoid lengths in the sun than use suncream). I got way more done today than I had envisioned which is always nice. I seem to do better when I don't plan, cos when I do plan I put too much pressure on myself to stick to the plan! Going with the flow suits me and my qi gong/tai chi way better.

I hope we see a few pretty pics in this thread ;) my walkies pictures were all lonely in the last one.
I avoid the sun at all costs, and definitely agree that the suncream is gross for the skin. When I was in Brazil and had to wear it everyday for beach soccer I ended up with acne all over my legs from it!

I'll try and snap a pic every time I head out somewhere nice. Just did an hour long morning walk down at South Perth foreshore. Set my timer for 30 minutes and walked as far as I could then headed back when it was done.

I saw a group of teenaged swans with their mumma (about 6 of them), but didn't want to get too close in case they turned on me. Black swans are bloody terrifying when they get territorial.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
If all of Perth was like South Perth, I would not hate the place so much.

TONS of stretching for me today. I was very locked up in my hips which caused the disc above my hips to have some twisty issues. Neck is visibly out of place but still trying to contact he chiro for that. I have just been stretching everything out and not doing much outdoors. There has been a cold snap so my weights have been moving wood inside for the fire :p I'll do some qigong at sunset.

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm still walking (usually average 13k steps a day) and I do yoga but otherwise I've been pretty slack with exercising. I want to get back on it though, just because....

sub-buzz-15407-1523043755-1.png

Octavia
Octavia
Hugs also give happy feels *HUGS*

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm struggling with steps at the moment, my goal is 9000 but I haven't been hitting it. I managed to get the 250 per hours one done. I do it for 10 hours.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I like routine, it just takes me a while to develop that routine, so I'm glad Zumba was back on last night, however I haven't yet got into a routine with the exercise bike, I think once I manage to do that things will be easier.

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
Routine is key. I love routine!

I have so much exercise equipment in the garage gathering dust, I keep saying to myself I should use them. Like most things it's just getting into the routine and sticking to it. I'm trying really hard to get into the correct mental state to actually commit to it.

It's actually easier for me to spend loads of money at a gym because then there's a financial commitment there. I'm wondering whether if I "pay" for my garage classes by putting an amount away in savings each month and then I feel like I'd be wasting money if I don't do it, would actually help motivate me.... ?

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
Maybe total up the cost of the equipment you have, then divide it by 52 to work out a weekly price you should be paying yourself for storing it unused.

NeddaSai

Potential
I'm struggling with steps at the moment, my goal is 9000 but I haven't been hitting it. I managed to get the 250 per hours one done. I do it for 10 hours.
My goal is 7.5 but I'm thinking of upping it to 8.5/9 as well. Been feeling better lately so here's hoping I can catch up with you..

250 for 10 hours! Same!!

nightshade
nightshade
I upped it by 250 at a time, made it easier for me to hit it

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Routine doesn't work for me, just ask my bunnies at dinner time :p I gotta jump on and use the energy when it hits, and it certainly doesn't hit at the same time daily.

I did get to the coast today. It was marvellous and I really need to go more often cos staying in town when it is this noisy and dusty is depressing as hell.

Hows this for a joke - I took my bikini top and board shorts down and neither bloody fit me anymore! And I didn't know until I tried to put them on at the beach. My boardies are too baggy and slip down just walking, and my boobs got BIGGER so the bikini top was a no go. Unfortunately it was not a nudie beach and was (what I consider) busy. Probably a good thing that I did not go topless, cos I caught a bit of sun.

I walked along the sand, waded around the cliffs in the water, did a little dancing and qigong/taichi. There were many women thrilled with their babies and begging for compliments but the puppies were more my domain.

I took some pics but they look so grey! And it was certainly not grey down there. I know they are probably huge and low quality, apologies, I don't have a speccy phone or steady hand.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Pretty!
brinkster130
brinkster130
so pretty
Taake
Taake
Looks like heaven!

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
I went to the dog beach yesterday morning around 9.30am, was only there for an hour or so and caught the sun too! Damn you Australian Ozone Hole, damn you to hell!

Been feeling a bit under the weather so might just spend the day in bed today. Hit my first goal in my weight loss journey yesterday which is super amazing! 7kg down, 4 to go to hit my second goal weight!!!

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Routine is key. I love routine!

I have so much exercise equipment in the garage gathering dust, I keep saying to myself I should use them. Like most things it's just getting into the routine and sticking to it. I'm trying really hard to get into the correct mental state to actually commit to it.

It's actually easier for me to spend loads of money at a gym because then there's a financial commitment there. I'm wondering whether if I "pay" for my garage classes by putting an amount away in savings each month and then I feel like I'd be wasting money if I don't do it, would actually help motivate me.... ?
This has been the only thing that has worked for me lately. I pay a monthly fee and the more I go the less it is per class, so I try and go 4-5 times a week to get that cost down. I know that it isn't possible for everyone, nor would it motivate everyone, but man....I am so proud of myself when I make it to workout classes more than 16x a month. My classes also have a late cancel fee of $12 so my refusal to pay that makes me go even when I don't want to.

Top Bottom