• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

More exercise and more support.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I gotta plant some more rocket. It grows great here and goes well with fruits for salads. Seems like I might need a bit more Roo than bacon in my diet ;)

I ate a lot yesterday... duno how balanced it was though. Greek yogurt and berries for breaky, shake for lunch, bacon, eggs, chinese noodles with mixed veg, rocket and fruit (apple and homegrown mandarins), then 3 bowls of banana coconut icecream through the night. Hahah. I was home made icecream though, real bananas one tin of coconut milk, limited sugar (more than it needed). I love the week that I go shopping, so much noms. The bananas were rejects and needed to be used quick. I am in the habit of buying tiny serves of things so tiny bits of bacon, tiny apples and tiny bananas, my portions get too big if I use oversized produce. Even my eggs have shrunk in size now cos I switched the chickens off the production crumble.

My most ideal luxury meal right now is fresh peaches and nuts with dark chocolate drops. MMMMM I miss peaches already.

I just did some qi gong at sunrise. I will do some more in the next section of garden to water. It looks like my neighbour is away so I ran over there to see if his garden wants a drink, I think it looks ok and he locked the back gate so he is either prepared for the heatwave or has someone else coming in. Must have been him who knocked on the door the other day.

Who needs a beach when you have quarter acre of gardens to soak at sunrise!

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
-4lbs this week! No exercise yet but changing my diet quiet a lot... If I can shift some weight I can get exercising without giving up.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Right time for me to get back to this, carbs are my big issue, I eat so much bread and potatoes, so those need to be cut down big time, as well as sugar. NO more going to the bakery when bored at work, and time to get those steps in again. Need to start looking for a class I can join too, once I get into a routine things will get easier. Sugar is going to be tough to cut down on though, I crave crap when bored, especially at work where there's a bakery 3 doors away.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Must be hard when you can probably smell the fresh noms all day!

I have been eating proper meals since I went shopping. A whole lot of chicken and salad wraps lol. Mini wraps are dumb, they are too little but they were on special and really yum. I had a bag full of apricots from my neighbour and have been snacking on these with nuts and choc bits. I haven't been using the isowhey this week because if I skip the fridge, the fresh food will go off before I get through it. Some of the peaches are rock hard so they might last another week. The lettuce defo wont. I am really keen for my garden to start working for that sort of stuff.

I've been keeping a list of foods that trigger migraines, Avocados and orange juice are at the top. My right side gets very weak even if the head isn't throbbing. They wont trigger a migraine alone but will in conjunction with other things. I don't react well to wholemeal bread or pastas either. White goes down fine and I eat less of it. I hadn't had any dairy for a few days when this migraine hit and feel like I could drink litres of milk right now. UHT milk sets them off but fresh milk seems to calm it. Still trying to figure that one out.

I think I have been talking myself out of walks because of the snakes I came across in spring. My google photos show me that I went bush heaps at this time last year. There are tracks near the trainline that would be safe in the early mornings. I shouldn't restrict myself to the garden. Not doing ANYTHING tomorrow though. I am not good at resting. I set off a blinding headache earlier in the day when I tried to bring the washing in. Only half the basket got folded before I almost spewed in the garden haha.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Um duh, its a supermoon this weekend. No wonder the migraine is of epic proportions. My neck is giving me grief too, not extreme pain, but more panic because it feels so "wrong" and I am stressed out it by it. After all this tidying there is only really very physical jobs left for me to distract myself with. Those make my neck clunck and then I get all hopeless cos I cant even finish the vaccuming.

I miss my zucchini weights :( my veg was a fail this season. Gardening exercises were limited to the heavy stuff instead of fun fruit picking. Horse work is so much more rewarding. Silly garden. At least the birds like it.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Hey mods can ya merge these posts too? Thanks :)

I had another realisation that I'll probably forget. When my neck is out, it hurts to swollow. I am way more attracted to soft foods when that happens.

I am doing about 2 hours a day in the garden but not much else. I defo grew the face chub back having been off the rails with maccas and drinking. Its all too easy to lay on the couch under the air con to avoid the heat. Its not hot today but the uv is seriously high. My walk to the library made my tan darker at 9am and I have long sleaves long pants AND my poncho over me. Howwww??

Reading a great book right now that described everything I have been saying about the lacking minerals and related health issues in australian food. I feel better after maccas than I do local food cos its got more in it for less!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
There was an article in Scientific American several decades ago called "Trace Element Deserts" that showed some scrawny sheep in Australia. After a crop duster sprayed 2.2 lb./acre of cobalt chloride over the pasture, the sheep doubled in weight. Vitamin B12 is essential. There are a number of places in the world where everything looks like great farm land but nothing grows and lack of essential minerals is the main reason.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
There was an article in Scientific American several decades ago called "Trace Element Deserts" that showed some scrawny sheep in Australia. After a crop duster sprayed 2.2 lb./acre of cobalt chloride over the pasture, the sheep doubled in weight. Vitamin B12 is essential. There are a number of places in the world where everything looks like great farm land but nothing grows and lack of essential minerals is the main reason.
Yeah I have read about that. And it is even worse than you know now. The land in many places is so damaged and artificial means are not replacing what they have taken. Farmers need to overhaul their way of thinking but they are not particularly open to change. They are profit driven because just 2 years of drought here would wipe them all out. Water is already cut off to some inland towns. And instead use GM crops in conjunction with fertilisers (superphosphates) that kill what is left of the native flora. Without native trees, the water table rises and salinity happens. They need to be managing the land in sustainable ways and yes that means reducing yields. Truthfully we are better suited for animals than crops. They would do less damage because of our low rainfall the land wont hold huge amounts of stock. The soil would have time to regenerate between rotations. Plus what they are doing now is letting stock graze on saltbush to help reduce the salt content in the sand (and fed on minerals). Its a step in a bad direction for the world to be down on meat for us (ie live trading), when that is better suited as a land use in a place like Australia. The cropping practices are ridiculous and the damage can be seen on google earth, like scabs on the land. I get excited when I read books like the 5 I picked up today, they all say the same thing I do. Its so obvious that the ag practices are devastating for the land and in no way sustainable. The lady at the environment centre said the books were meant to be read (not library books but actual gov funded books for farmers to learn from), which to me translated as "no one else is even interested".

I cant take vitamin and mineral tablets, so my only option is to get that stuff through food. Its a shame that even our top dollar produce from Coles is not as nutritious as other countries. We just don't have the fertility in the soils anymore. They disobeyed the law of returns and we are all paying for it. Good thing I can tolerate protein drinks! At least that is a start back to proper nutrients for me. I love fresh fruit and veg but honestly could be ok switching one meal for a protein replacement - I can pretend I am on Firefly but drinking protein dust instead of trying to mould it into birthday cakes :p

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm slowly getting the steps back in, but don't hit the 10,000 very often, I need to get back on the bike too. I am looking forward to the drier weather though so I can go out onto the hills walking.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm thinking of doing a 5k run, I've got a friend willing to do it with me, we just have to check the date if we're both free, then I need to get running, it's been years since I've done a 5k run.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Ok so I'm registered for the Pretty Muddy 5k Race for Life at the end of June. Gives me a few months to get fit and ready for it, but going to need a lot of help and motivation!

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
I did a 5k mud run race a few years ago and had fun. Will you be running the 5k straight or will there be obstacles throughout?

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
I did a 5k mud run race a few years ago and had fun. Will you be running the 5k straight or will there be obstacles throughout?
There's obstacles throughout, I expect it'll get muddier as time goes on, we're going in the second batch of people to do it, so it should be too bad, but it'll be fun.

brinkster130
brinkster130
Sounds fun! I like the obstacles because it breaks up the running and gives you something to look forward to.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I got deconditioned again with the latest brain fire, I am sure everyone with a chronic illness can relate to that!

I drew little a stick figure stretching routine and stuck them on the wall for when I forget what I am meant to be doing. The chiro sent through the new exercise program today and its been easy to slip into what I already do. Two in particular are already extremely helpful already, just to use those particular muscles in isolation. I can do half of them sitting on the couch. He said my neck has a bad issue and I have had pins and needles in my left arm while my right side is numb with migraine. Its hard to do much in that state. But I can still do my little stick figure stretches. I think I am nearing the end of this bout of illness, I made a real dinner tonight, none of that cheats crumbed chicken. I have moments where the fog lifts but if I think too hard it slams me back down to stupidity in no time.

I have been watching a horse show on tv and I NEED to get back on a horse. I got offered an old retrainer gelding to work with, I want to go out tomorrow morning if I don't have another cortisol morning. My balance was really off today, I didn't hit the deck but got pretty close a few times trying to pose with the hose. I asked a neighbour to come with me incase I do take a tumble, hopefully he is around tomorrow morning. The horse is not my ideal but hopefully better than nothing.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I went out to see a pony today. Spent about an hour out there on top of the 2/3 hours I did in the garden this morning. Its so good to be moving again! Feels like I have been unlocked. Hopefully I can get out there a couple times a week. I am limited to groundwork in the paddock as his friend will go mental if I take him too far away at this stage. So good to be back with horses :D I want to go again soon.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
I haven't been getting my steps in lately, so redownloaded Pokémon Go, to get me moving more. So far it's working, but the weather has been good too

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Swimming at the beach for me today. I tried to run, but that didnt work out, cos boobs. Also got some cardio in this morn, chasing a chook . And tonight I carried a VERY tired 7kg puppy half way up a mountain lined with lights.

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
I decided to go to aerobics after years of not doing that at all and now... everything hurts and I'm painfully aware of how out of shape I truly am. I look pretty fit, because of the yoga, but oh boy... breath, coordination of limbs, and general moving in sync with music and jumping about... I'm half dead now and expect everything to hurt a lot more tomorrow.

nightshade
nightshade
This gives me hope

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
The nurses used to laugh at me when I got up early for aerobics oz style on tv. My mum was an instructor so I couldn't understand why they thought me manic for doing what I had done since I was in my mums tum. Now I just dance - and that looks WAY more crazy than aerobics does. I need a bra for the bouncing, my body wants to do more cardio and less stretching at this point but I'll get black eyes, so gotta make some cash to strap those suckers down before I progress again. Winter is coming, feasts and fatness is tempting.

Top Bottom