• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question More Than A Year Later...

sharona1981

Lorne lover :)
It's so hard to believe it's been over a year since Andy passed...how did everyone commemorate his anniversary? Personally, I wore something green, watched my favourite Lorne episodes, and had some Southern Comfort,lol. It's strange how I still miss him-and yet, not strange at all. After all, it was Andy.

DoughnutHole

Potential
Sometimes I forget that he's no longer with us... such a shame. Lorne was a truly iconic character, at least to us Angel fans...

HisMrs

The Walking BED
Sineya
Andy passed away on my birthday, so every year from now on I'll have a Sea Breeze as I'm celebrating my birthday, to pay my respects to Andy's memory.

sharona1981

You're right, he was one of the great characters. To me, he was probably the heart of Angel. I never met Andy, but I dearly wish I had. He's still much missed..

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

I'm so sorry Andy passed on your birthday-that's bittersweet in a way, isn't it? But I think that's a wonderful, apt way to remember him.

dan k

Bangel Is Eternal
I'am currently rewatching Angel and i've lost count of the amount of times Lorne brings a smile to my face. Such an iconic character who contributed massively to the success Angel achieved.

I never met Andy but if he was anything like Lorne's persona then he would have brought a smile to everyone he met. Its quite shocking how early he departed this world but i'd like to thank him for the happiness he brought me and all fans of Angel through Lorne.

RIP Andy

HisMrs
HisMrs
[No message]
T
TheChosenTwo
[No message]

sharona1981

That's a lovely way of putting it-apparently, Lorne was basically Andy with green makeup so I can imagine he would have been very sweet and funny. I wanted to thank him too, for always making me smile and making me feel good about myself.

Marisa

Liver Alone
From the moment Lorne was introduced on Angel I loved his character and enjoyed seeing him grow over the years. I am still sad that Andy has passed away. I am glad though that we can remember him on these boards.

dan k

Bangel Is Eternal
I don't want to make this thread anything other than about Andy, but i want to address what you said at the end.

The strength of both Buffy and Angel for me consisted of how after watching an episode or during one for that matter, it would make you laugh or feel better about yourself.

Tonight for instance i've sat down and watched some episodes of Buffy and i'am now in a better mood. Lorne was integral to the same effect being applied on Angel.

I remember a particular moment where i think he sang "I'am so excited", now at this point the episode was quite serious yet Lorne changed all that, that was his talent, that was what he brought to Angel. He was so good at bringing fun to an episode, whatever the situation was. That's why we love Lorne and ultimately Andy. :smile3:

sharona1981

What I remember most about Andy is his smile-it lit up a room, and made you smile back whether you wanted to or not. That's what I loved about Lorne too-the fact that no matter how down I was or upset I got, he always made me laugh.

I never met Andy, but I'll always remember that he made people feel good, and made them happy, including me-and that's a heck of a legacy.

Marisa

Liver Alone
What I remember most about Andy is his smile-it lit up a room, and made you smile back whether you wanted to or not. That's what I loved about Lorne too-the fact that no matter how down I was or upset I got, he always made me laugh.

I never met Andy, but I'll always remember that he made people feel good, and made them happy, including me-and that's a heck of a legacy.
I agree 100%. No matter my mood he always brought a smile to my face.

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangelite
Qestion More Than a Year Later

I agree 100%. No matter my mood he always brought a smile to my face.
Lorne was interesting character and you have to hand it to Andy wearing the make-up in every scene he was in as Lorne. I wonder if he it ever bugged him or made him itch.

sharona1981

Apparently, Andy hated the makeup, because it took so long and Andy didn't sit still for very long. However, I believe he had the most trouble with the contacts, they constantly irritated his eyes and they could never find ones that were comfortable for him to wear.

Natasha1988

Rogue Slayer
Lorne was the best character on Angel hands down! He always brought the comic relief. I pop on the Angel album and listen to the Andy Hallett songs on it when Im down, hes just one of those characters you cant help but smile at :)

sharona1981

I think it's wonderful that people still remember Andy and Lorne so fondly-I think Andy would be thrilled about that.

Top Bottom