• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Most Angering Deaths

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
Wash in Serenity. I just... *sees red* *cries* *yells at Alan Tudyk for bringing it up on Twitter every now and then*

Aw, Merl. His death was upsetting.

Spanky
Spanky
It was friggin OFFSCREEN!! he was, more or less, a regular, and they killed him offscreen. That's just wrong. #norespect.

Mrs Gordo

We fight termites wherever they may roam!
Black Thorn
And you know, Lilah could've been dead in Season 5 like she was at the end of Season 4 and her death wouldn't have been as meaningless. It would've been great having her back for Season 5 in general but for her to be the liaison between Angel & the senior partners while a reanimated corpse or whatever she was would've been amazing. I wonder what the writers were thinking bringing in a totally unnecessary character in Eve when they had Lilah there since the beginning.
I really think this had to do with the fact that they wanted to make Fresley a thing.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
For me it's Fred and then Wesley's...It was useless to have such an built-up for Fresley and then kill Fred just like that. Fred deserved all the love and happy ending in the world. Also, after Cordy did we really need Fred to go? Illyria could have possessed anybody else like...Eve maybe? What a way to make her more interesting!

As for Wesley, I really think he deserved some peace for once after season 3 and 4!

Doyle. I liked his character and it would have been neat to have had him around longer.

Wash. So cruel to have him die moments after him and Zoe talk about starting a family.

I also liked Doyle. At least he was unique. Wesley was too much like Giles. But then again i loved the Lilah Wesley relationship.

I agree with Doyle. He was an Seer, but not a champion. Granted, the half-demon as the Jewish Immigrant experience is better left for American Tale movies, but the character was unique in ways Wes was not.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Cordelia- I think she got short-changed in the end; although I didn't like her 'Cangel-fication' I still would've preferred her to stick around after her 'You're Welcome' swansong; there we got a sassy, heroic but not perfect Cordelia Chase. Not the matryr-y 'oh Angel' boor that she was turning into.

Wesley; I understand why he dies and what that signified, but it could've been a bit more epic; I guess I was more disappointed than angry, he's a favorite of mine.

Tara; A lil' bit, overall her death served little purpose beyond driving Willow over the edge. I'm very much in favor of having Tara appear in S7 both as The First (to freak out Willow and be all evil) but also as her 'spirit-self' to help Willow's self-doubts with the slayer-spell casting.
Hell, it would've been cheesy but Tillows would've loved it I'm sure.

I'm very much in favor of having Tara appear in S7 both as The First (to freak out Willow and be all evil) but also as her 'spirit-self' to help Willow's self-doubts with the slayer-spell casting.
I would've loved to see spirit Tara give the middle finger to Kennedy because Tara's appearance would strongly suggest how much she still means to Willow. I would've hated Tara giving her "blessing" to Killow though because it would reek of the writers' desperate attempts to make Killow fly. They already pulled that stunt for Spuffy in Crush by having Spike reject Drusilla for Buffy, it would be even worse to have Tara singing Kennedy's praises as a romantic partner for Willow.

thetopher

Sineya
I would've loved to see spirit Tara give the middle finger to Kennedy because Tara's appearance would strongly suggest how much she still means to Willow. I would've hated Tara giving her "blessing" to Killow though because it would reek of the writers' desperate attempts to make Killow fly.
I would've scaled Killow waaaay back; have Kennedy come on strong as is shown only to have Willow strongly reject her because she's still raw (good drama!), then have Kennedy help Willow through the events of 'The Killer In Me' and then back off and not be so pushy, saying that she likes Willow but she's okay with the friend/support thing during the apocalypse. Would've made Kennedy a lot more sympathetic in my view.

Then at the end have the resolution with Tara helping Willow and then- with Willow on the road to healing- she and Kennedy could hold hands or something right at the very end.
Or Kennedy dies in battle and Willow hooks up with Faith (who's way better) or whatever.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
Or Kennedy dies in battle and Willow hooks up with Faith (who's way better) or whatever.
ha ha haAhahHAhaHAhaAha cough! cough! hahahaha!

Seriously, though. I never understood why Kennedy is hated for qualities that fan favourites such as Faith and Spike are celebrated for. To me, Kennedy is a lot like Faith, except that Kennedy is a lot less sexually aggressive, shows self awareness, has concern for others, and does not go on a stabbing spree.

As much as I love Faith, I would have thrown a tantrum if they ever paired her up with Willow.

Would've made Kennedy a lot more sympathetic in my view.
Getting eaten by Gnarl is the only way I'd feel sympathy for Kennedy, even then I'd support Gnarl in that scenario.

Seriously, though. I never understood why Kennedy is hated for qualities that fan favourites such as Faith and Spike are celebrated for. To me, Kennedy is a lot like Faith, except that Kennedy is a lot less sexually aggressive, shows self awareness, has concern for others, and does not go on a stabbing spree.

Kennedy is nothing like Spike and Faith, to say that is an insult to both characters. Spike and Faith earned their beloved status (for some, it was in their very first episode), Kennedy didn't earn anything. Everything got handed to her on a plate. She is such a spoilt brat who's self-centred and thinks she's above others. She publicly humiliates Chloe then gloats about it which helps contribute to Chloe's suicide, she looks down on Buffy, she jumps down Willow's throat if Willow disagrees with her or looks like she's about to, she skives off going to the desert with the other potentials, she tricks Willow into a date after aggressively pursuing her and not taking no for an answer, she admits to initiating the mutiny which led to getting Buffy thrown out her own house just because she wanted a bigger say and Buffy wasn't letting her have it, she admits to being a brat yet does nothing to change her unpleasant behaviour, etc. Kennedy only cares about herself and what she wants.

There are tons of reasons to hate Kennedy. Had she not been put in a relationship with Willow, she might be slightly less hated, but she is just awful. Killow only makes a bad situation worse.

thetopher

Sineya
To me, Kennedy is a lot like Faith
Only superficially. Faith has a certain vulnerability that Kennedy completely lacks.

except that Kennedy is a lot less sexually aggressive
True, but she is incredibly entitled and manipulative. Faith is at least straight forward, a bit like Anya.

Not really, Kennedy knows she's a brat and yet does nothing to control that behavior. Is that self-awareness or just more entitlement?

has concern for others
Kennedy only has concern for what she wants. Faith has concern for Buffy even when Buffy keeps punching her in the face.

and does not go on a stabbing spree.
Not a spree exactly, but yeah she was pretty unstable a few years back and was punished for it. But who's the chick who slowly tortured and flayed a guy alive for the fun of it?

For the record I don't 'see' Willow and Faith at all, but Willow has more in common with the dark slayer than the bratty wannabe. Empathy should be the foundation of any good ship. :)

joseph

Tara & Willow Forever.
We all know Whedon loves to kill characters. Most of the time it is required for the story. Others not so much, such as when Penny died at the end of Dr. Horrible, which was a last minute decision and one of the most shocking, violent and pointless deaths in the Wheadonverse. What character deaths made you really mad?
1 Tara 2 Miss kitty only heard she died on the internet. 3 Joyce Summers 4 Ms Calendar oh I do not know if anyone died in season 7 watching after season 6 when Tara died

The most angering has to be Cordy. The entire thing was terrible as a lot of y'all already mentioned.

The most unnecessary was Lilah. It served no purpose to the storyline except to make it worse by bringing in a terrible wannabe Lilah named Eve.

The most sad is probably a toss up between Angel & Joyce. Joyce prob wins just because she didn't come back.

The most shocking for me was Jenny. I really did not expect the show to go there, at least not at that point in the timeframe of the show. I really thought she would get away.

I was also sad to see Darla go, but her death was a perfect to her arc, so I'm okay with it. But I just wanted more of her because I love Darla.

Willow Tara

Love the Buffyverse♥️ Tillow Forever!!!
Sineya
1. Tara!!! The only thing her death was good for was to get Dark Willow. Was Dark Willow worth it? NOOOOOO!!!! She could have gone mad for other reasons! Why kill such a wonderful character? In such a dumb and brutal way? And Willow and Tara (my OTP) just got together again! Joss' mind: "What a beloved couple/ beloved characters are living happy together? Kill one of them!"
Tara; A lil' bit, overall her death served little purpose beyond driving Willow over the edge. I'm very much in favor of having Tara appear in S7 both as The First (to freak out Willow and be all evil) but also as her 'spirit-self' to help Willow's self-doubts with the slayer-spell casting.
Yes!
2. Fred!!! Why?!? Just to get Illyria? Illyria was a cool character, but really not worth Freds death. First they build up Fresley (one of my OTPs) after such a loooong time and then just kill Fred? Again Joss' mind: "Characters just got together and are finally happy? Kill one! ... Later kill the other one!"
For me it's Fred and then Wesley's...It was useless to have such an built-up for Fresley and then kill Fred just like that. Fred deserved all the love and happy ending in the world. Also, after Cordy did we really need Fred to go? Illyria could have possessed anybody else like...Eve maybe? What a way to make her more interesting
Exactly! Great idea with Eve!
3. Wesley!!! Same here! His death was a sweet scen with Illyria/Fred and Illyria really showing emotions for Wes. But why?!? Why kill him? ... see above, Joss' mind is brutal!
4. Cordy!!! Her death was unneccesary! They really didn't have ANY reason to kill her. For the others above they didn't have good reasons, but they had. (THE REASONS REALLY WEREN'T GOOD!!!!) But with Cordelia there was NO reason! They had such a cute Cangel episode and I think even non-Cangel-shippers found something sweet in that episode, right? (I'm not sure 'cause I LOOOVE Cangel. So I don't know.) Why Joss? Whyyyyyy?!?
5. Anya!!! Again there was NO reason! Except maybe the sweet scene with Xander and Andrew later. But she really didn't deserve that! I mean Xander just left her at the altar she had really not a wonderful life! Why kill her?!?

Joss, why do you want to hurt us so much?!? I mean you're GOD because you created all these wonderful shows (the Whedonverse) but why are you hurting us so much?

Top Bottom