• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Most Heartbreaking Break-Up

Which of these break-ups were the most heartbreaking to you and why?

• Buffy and Angel

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Willow and Oz

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Gunn and Fred

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xander and Anya

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Willow and Tara (break up only not death)

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Buffy and Riley

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
I voted for Willow and Oz, because it's SO heartbreaking to see Willow so destroyed in the episode Wild at heart, at the beginning of the episode Willow is so worry that Oz has something for Varuca but he doesn't say anything to her, the moment when she sees Oz and Varuca locked in the cage naked. It's so heartbreaking to see Willow so sad again when riley saves her life in the streets till the end of the episode when Oz has decided to leave Sunnydale. It broke my heart plus all was good between them in the end of season 3 when they slept together for the 1st time. But i want to put Bangel the 2nd heartbreaking breakup because the scene in the sewers is also heartbreaking. SMG is so good.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I guess now I can officially add Spuffy to the list because they had a canon relationship and break up in the comics. But it was angst free!

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Most heartbreaking: Buffy and Riley.
And why: It was very relatable.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
I voted for Willow and Tara. Tara: "Violate my mind like that?"
Me: "They can't break up!" tumblr_n0zqhj5tQE1qbvh4go6_250.gif(Me: *cries* "They have a beautiful love." Any friend who wants to comfort me or just any person who doesn't even know what I'm talking about and just wants to end the awkward situation and wants that I stop crying: "I think they'll be fine." Me: "They have a miraculouse love!")
25d5b0d7e8f838f2f79d101142d6ff63.jpg
(The person or friend: "How do you feel? Do you feel horrible?" Me: "I think horrible is still coming. Right now it's worse. Right now, I'm just trying to keep from dying... I feel like I can't breathe.") *chokes on her own tears*
PyaRv6g.gif
*sobs* *cries* *sobs*

It's a bit frightening how well those images fit my actual reactions sometimes. I am very emotional when it comes to the Buffyverse and especelly Willow/Tara. You don't wanna see me reacting to Taras death. You defenitely don't wanna be anywhere near me while I'm watching this scene.
But as I said I am very emotional when it comes to the Buffyverse in general, so there are a lot of heartbreaking breakups in the Buffyverse for me. For example also (from the ones in the poll) I find Xander/Anyas break up very heartbreaking. :(

Last edited:

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
Tara and Willow. It's not just sad for them, but also for the rest of their friends. Just watch them during Goodbye to You. Granted, they do get back together, but you all know what happens then...

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Buffy & Angel
It's Buffy.... It's Angel... (MMmm Angel) it was sad for both of them and scared them deeply as I don't think they ever recovered from having to part. (I don't do comics so no idea what they are like in them).

DayDreamer27

Potential
I'll say Bangel. Because, imo nothing they had with anyone else came close.
Will x Oz would be next. I actually teared up during their scene.

Those were the only pairings on the show I was invested in. lol And that's usually how it is for me. I liked handfuls of things, but never the majority of what's given. Hence I rarely watch Buffy after season 3.

Cangel1987

♥ Cangel ♥ Spuffy ♥
Okay, so I admit it. When I grew up, the worst " Breakup " was for me Buffy and Angel I felt sad and depressed, and I was so very upset with Joyce, I didn't understand "why" she did it.

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
The Close Your Eyes scene is more than just a break-up, it's the literal death of a relationship. At that monet, not only does Buffy know she can never be with Angel, she also knows she will never see him again (she was wrong, but still). This is heartbreaking. Also, the scenes of their break-up in season 3 are enough to destroy me everytime. I can't listen to wild horses without starting to sob.

AstridDante

Potential
Spike's death, in chosen. You see how much Buffy loved him and how she's on the verge on tears.

I mean just look;

And when Buffy died look at him;

It's just hard to look.
The scene in Chosen is everything. Super romantic

I am thinking Tara and Willow was very heartbreaking as Willow loved her so much and her character was so kind. It was like she had no negative qualities which I guess is kind of unrealistic

Top Bottom