• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Mr Trick's Hardish Buffy Quiz

Mr Trick

Scooby
Was Bored Now! So thought I'd come up with a quiz for you all. Will do it in rounds, Movie, S1, S2 etc... Some questions will have multiple choice answers.

Round One: The Movie

1. Which actor reportedly fell out with Joss Whedon on the set of the Buffy movie?

2. What was Fran Rubel Kuzui's debut 1988 feature called? A. New York Pop B. Tokyo Pop C. Paris Pop

3. Which future Oscar Winner appeared in the film?

4. What's the name of the High School in the Film?

5. What was the name of Luke Perry's character?

6. Which actress links the Buffy movie with David Lynch's Lost Highway and romantic comedy High Fidelity?

7. Who Plays Buffy's Mum in the film? A. Candy Clark B. Geena Davis C. Brenda Strong

8. Which cast member from the TV series appeared in a Uncredited role in the film?

9. Composer Carter Burwell is known for his music for which Oscar winner(s)?

That's it for now. Will give you guys a couple of day or so before I return with round two. Good luck and no cheating! P.S. it does get harder...

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Cool, even if I am clueless and have never seen the movie (or particularly wanted to. Buffy=SMG to me).

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
1. Which actor reportedly fell out with Joss Whedon on the set of the Buffy movie?
Donald Sutherland. His character and his portrayal are bizarre. I bet Joss was eager to make sure Giles wouldn't suck this hard.
Hemery High
Pike. That's not a name. That's a fish.
8. Which cast member from the TV series appeared in a Uncredited role in the film?
Seth Green. I believe he says so on the Buffering podcast.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Lol well said on 5!
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
"Pike. That's not a name. That's a fish." So is a Zander.

Priceless

Scooby

Sutherland

2. What was Fran Rubel Kuzui's debut 1988 feature called? A. New York Pop B. Tokyo Pop C. Paris Pop

Tokyo Pop

No idea

Hemmery High

Pike

6. Which actress links the Buffy movie with David Lynch's Lost Highway and romantic comedy High Fidelity?

No idea

7. Who Plays Buffy's Mum in the film? A. Candy Clark B. Geena Davis C. Brenda Strong

Brenda Strong

Ken Lerner

No clue

I suck 😭 I guessed mostly

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Solid guesses for the ones you weren't sure of!

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Was Bored Now! So thought I'd come up with a quiz for you all. Will do it in rounds, Movie, S1, S2 etc... Some questions will have multiple choice answers.

Hilary Swank

Hemory

Pike

to be fair, I've only seen this once :oops:

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Guess there will be more for you in rounds to come.

TriBel

Scooby

Sutherland (I'm guessing - on the grounds he's in it)?

Hemery High
Pike

Coen Brothers

Is this the right time and place to admit I've never seen it? 😄

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Sure! And your probably not missing much. But guess its another one to tick off the list.

Mr Trick

Scooby

That's it for now. Will give you guys a couple of day or so before I return with round two. Good luck and no cheating! P.S. it does get harder...

Answers for Round One

1. Sutherland. To add to what @WillowFromBuffy said I hear Sutherland tried to change his lines too.

2. Tokyo Pop

3. Hilary Swank

4. Hemery High

5. Pike

6. Natasha Gregson Wagner

7. Candy Clark

8. Seth Green

9. Coen Brothers

Scores
WillowFromBuffy - 4
Priceless - 4
TriBel - 4
HowIMetdaslayer - 3

All to play for then and new comers welcome for round 2!

Season 1

1. Which Groundhog Day actor appeared as the Principal in the Unaired pilot?

2. Who plays Willow in said Unaired pilot?

3. True or False Julie Benz auditioned for the Buffy role?

4. Which now well known Hollywood actor auditioned for the role of Xander? A. Paul Rudd B. Ryan Reynolds 3. Ryan Gosling

5. Which Darren Star created series used the same High School set for its fictional High School?

6. How Does legend have it that Joss discovered David Boreanaz? A. Breaking up with his girlfriend B. Walking his dog C. Watering his garden

7. Which Whedonverse regular auditioned for the part of Angel?

8. Which actor links Welcome to the Hellmouth and the pilot episode of Six Feet Under?

9. Which two season 1 actors both guest starred in season 7 of Seinfeld? Bonus points if you can name their Seinfeld characters?

10. What was the name of the 1988 Sci-Fi comedy movie Alyson Hannigan starred in?

11. Which other Buffyverse actor appeared in the movie? A. Seth Green B. Amber Benson C. Kristine Sutherland

12. Pre-Buffy Robia LaMorte performed as a dancer on tour for which pop star? A. Michael Jackson B. Madonna C. Prince

13. Which two other 90's shows did Joss Whedon compare Buffy to during the time of the first season?

14. What was the name of the character who got freaked out by spiders in Nightmares?

15. Teacher's Pet guest star Musetta Vander (Natalie French) appeared in which 90's action Sci-Fi movie based on a video game?

16. What was the name of the teen Sci-Fi movie Clea Duvall starred in a year after her guest role on Buffy S1?

17. Which Alternative band covered the Buffy theme on the b-side to a 2002 single? A. Sleater-Kinney B. The Breeders C. Weezer

Taake
Taake
Candy! No way, I thought you made that up!

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
Riff Regan
True
4. Which now well known Hollywood actor auditioned for the role of Xander? A. Paul Rudd B. Ryan Reynolds 3. Ryan Gosling
According to SMG, Ryan Reynolds did in fact not audition for Xander. I can find the source, if you want.
6. How Does legend have it that Joss discovered David Boreanaz? A. Breaking up with his girlfriend B. Walking his dog C. Watering his garden
Walking his dog. Was it Joss who saw him, though? I don't think so.
Nathan Fillion
10. What was the name of the 1988 Sci-Fi comedy movie Alyson Hannigan starred in?
My Parents Are Aliens/Parents from Space
11. Which other Buffyverse actor appeared in the movie? A. Seth Green B. Amber Benson C. Kristine Sutherland
Seth Green
12. Pre-Buffy Robia LaMorte performed as a dancer on tour for which pop star? A. Michael Jackson B. Madonna C. Prince
Prince. Both became born again Christians, which is interesting.
13. Which two other 90's shows did Joss Whedon compare Buffy to during the time of the first season?
My So Called Life and X-Files

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Damn you are so close with the movie title!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Season 1

Stephen Tobolowsky

Riff Regan

True

Ryan Reynolds (although, pretty sure that was disproved in recent years)

5. Which Darren Star created series used the same High School set for its fictional High School?
Beverly Hills 90210

Walking his dog

Nathan Fillion

My Step-Mother Is An Alien (love that film!)

Seth Green

Prince, I think?

14. What was the name of the character who got freaked out by spiders in Nightmares?
Argh, it's at the tip of my tongue...he was blocking Cordelia's light :D

16. What was the name of the teen Sci-Fi movie Clea Duvall starred in a year after her guest role on Buffy S1?
The Faculty, I'm guessing.

17. Which Alternative band covered the Buffy theme on the b-side to a 2002 single? A. Sleater-Kinney B. The Breeders C. Weezer
The Breeders?

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Awesome answers!

Priceless

Scooby
Season 1

Tobolowsky (not sure on spelling, think first name Stephen)

Riff Regan

True

Ryan Reynolds

Not a clue

B - walking his dog

Not a clue

8. Which actor links Welcome to the Hellmouth and the pilot episode of Six Feet Under?
Not a clue

9. Which two season 1 actors both guest starred in season 7 of Seinfeld? Bonus points if you can name their Seinfeld characters?
This is too hardo_O

Nope.

Seth Green

C - Prince

No

Wesley

15. Teacher's Pet guest star Musetta Vander (Natalie French) appeared in which 90's action Sci-Fi movie based on a video game?
Sorry

Nope

C - Weezer

I'm annoyed that I don't know 14. It sounds like Wesley

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Your answer to 14 is a great swing at least!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Season 1

True

Ryan Reynolds

Walking his dog

My Stepmother is an alien

Seth Green

Randall?

Resident Evil?

Don't know, but she was in Girl, Interrupted

Weezer?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Answers to Round 2

1. Stephen Tobolowsky
2. Riff Regan
3. True
4. Ryan Reyonds (though SMG calls BS on it)
5. Beverly Hills 90210
6. Walking His Dog
7. Nathan Fillion
8. Eric Balfour (Jesse in Buffy, Gabe in Six Feet Under)
9. Armin Shimerman and Mark Metcalf played Stan "the Caddy" and The Maestro in Seinfeld S7.
10. My Step Mother is an Alien
11. Seth Green
12. Prince
13. My So Called Life and X-Files
14. Wendell (Deadly Duo was close enough)
15. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
16. The Faculty
17. The Breeders

Scores
Puppet 12
WillowfromBuffy 12
Priceless 11
Deadly Duo 7
Tribel 4
HowIMedtaSlayer 3

Well done to Puppet who won the round and stormed the leader board! DeadlyDuo also made a good first appearance.

Will put up the next round later.

Priceless
Priceless
Wish I'd made a guess for No. 7, I'd have gone for Fillion *dammit

Mr Trick

Scooby
Round 3: Season 2

1. Who took over as composer from S2?

2. Which movie is not reference during the opening scene of When She Was Bad? A. Star Wars B. Witness C. Alien

3. Who plays the Master in the opening episode?

4. Which soap actress does Cordelia reference when referring to Buffy's new attitude?

5. What was the name of the punky girl Buffy gets saddled with in School's Hard?

6. Who tricks Cordelia into drinking sour punch? A. Willow B. Buffy C. Xander

7, Juliet Landau debuts as Vampire Drusilla in School Hard. Which 1994 film did she appear in along side her father Martin?

8. In School Hard what excuse does Buffy give to Snyder about why he can't speak to her?

9. What excuse does Snyder give to explain the attack on the school?

10. How does Spike dispose of the Annoying One?

11. Inca Mummy Girl director Ellen S. Pressman directed which season 1 episode? A. Witch B. i robot, you jane C. The Puppet Show

12. Which two long running characters debut in Inca Mummy Girl?

13. Where is Cordelia's exchange student Sven said to come from?

14. What are the Scoobies doing at the start of Reptile Boy?

15. The crooked Ethan Rayne debuts in Halloween? How many episodes does the character appear?

16. What is Jenny effected with in the Dark Age?

17. What's My Line Guest Star Bianca Lawson guest starred in which other 90's teen series? A. Dawson's Creek B. My So Called Life C. Smallville

18. Which film in the Chucky francise does Ted guest star John Ritter appear? A. Child's Play 3 B. Bride of Chucky C. Seed of Chucky

19. Why does Sarah Michelle Gellar only appear briefly in Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered?

20. Which character actor plays the school caretaker in I Only Have Eyes for You?

21. Saverio Guerra plays Willy "the Snitch" from season 2. Which 90's sitcom did Guerra guest star in? A. Cheers B. Becker C. Third Rock from the Song

22. Who sings the dramatic ballad which closes season 2?

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
Christoph Beck
2. Which movie is not reference during the opening scene of When She Was Bad? A. Star Wars B. Witness C. Alien
Alien
David Boreanaz
Willow
7, Juliet Landau debuts as Vampire Drusilla in School Hard. Which 1994 film did she appear in along side her father Martin?
Ed Wood?
8. In School Hard what excuse does Buffy give to Snyder about why he can't speak to her?
She tells him that her mum is foreign and doesn't speak English.
Gang related, PCP.
Sunlight
Devon and Oz
Sweden
Watching a Bollywood movie and braiding Willow's hair.
15. The crooked Ethan Rayne debuts in Halloween? How many episodes does the character appear?
Eyghon
17. What's My Line Guest Star Bianca Lawson guest starred in which other 90's teen series? A. Dawson's Creek B. My So Called Life C. Smallville
Dawson's Creek
19. Why does Sarah Michelle Gellar only appear briefly in Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered?
She was hosting SNL.
Sarah McLachlan

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn

Christophe Beck?

Alien?

David Boreanaz.

4. Which soap actress does Cordelia reference when referring to Buffy's new attitude?
Joan Collins.

5. What was the name of the punky girl Buffy gets saddled with in School's Hard?
Sheila Martini.

Willow.

No clue.

I guess you mean her mother? Something about Joyce not speaking a word of English.

A gang on PCP.

Locks him in a cage and pulls him into the sunlight.

11. Inca Mummy Girl director Ellen S. Pressman directed which season 1 episode? A. Witch B. i robot, you jane C. The Puppet Show
No clue, but let me guess; I, Robot..You, Jane?

Oz and...I cannot think of the second one. Devon? Or maybe Larry?

Norway?

Is that the one where they're watching an Indian film and braiding Willow's hair?

4. 2 in this season, though.

She's possessed by Eyghon.

Dawson's Creek? No idea, just guessing :)

18. Which film in the Chucky francise does Ted guest star John Ritter appear? A. Child's Play 3 B. Bride of Chucky C. Seed of Chucky
Bride of Chucky. He's one of my favorite deaths :D

She was hosting SNL, I believe.

20. Which character actor plays the school caretaker in I Only Have Eyes for You?
No clue.

21. Saverio Guerra plays Willy "the Snitch" from season 2. Which 90's sitcom did Guerra guest star in? A. Cheers B. Becker C. Third Rock from the Song
No clue.

Sarah McLachlan.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yes sorry forgot to put Joyce's name in for that question.

Priceless

Scooby

Should know this, but don't

B Witness

Mark Metcalf

??

Sheila Martini

A Willow

?? (b &w , bela lugosi, tim burton, depp??? can't think of the title or am confusing lots of films)

She's gone to pick up paint

Gangs on PCP

Puts in in a cage, raises it and the sun burns him up

C The Puppet Show

Larry and Jonathan

Sweden

Waiting for Giles

Eyghon

C Smallville

B Bride of Chucky

She was hosting SNL and needed time off to rehearse etc.

John ???

A Third Rock from the Sun

??

Question 8 - I thought you meant when Buffy covered for Sheila, but I would have got Joyce not being able to speak English!!! Honest Mr Trick I would have🙏

DeadlyDuo

Scooby

Christopher Beck?

Joan Collins?

Sheila

Willow

Ed Wood

Gang on PCP

Puts him in a cage then hoists him into the sunlight to burn whilst Drusilla watches on. Spike and Dru then go to see what's on tv.

I Robot, You Jane?

Oz and Jonathan

Sweden?

Watching a movie?

Eyghon or however you spell it.

My So Called Life?

She was busy doing something else that week during filming?

Third Rock from the Sun?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Answers to Round 3

1. Christoph Beck
2. Alien
3. David Boreanaz
4. Joan Collins
5. Sheila Martini (impressed by the ones who knew her last name!)
6. Willow
7. Ed Wood
8. She doesn't Speak English
9. Gang Related PCP
10. Locks the little brat up in a cage and pulls him towards the sunlight
11. The Puppet Show
12. Oz and Jonathan (never thought of Devon but guess he doesn't count so much)
13. Sweden
14. Watching a Bollywood Movie and Braiding Willow's hair (one of the best opening images of any Buffy episodes)
15. 4
16. The Mark of Eyghon
17. Dawson's Creek
18. Bride of Chucky
19. She was hosting SNL
20. John Hawkes
21. Becker (he also starred in the Spike Lee film Summer of Sam)
22. Sarah McLachlan

Puppet won that round with a impressive 16 points! WillowfromBuffy wasn't far behind with 14. Both Priceless and DeadlyDuo entered solid performances.

Updated leaderboard
Puppet 28
BuffyfromWillow 26
Priceless 22
DeadlyDuo 18
Tribel 4
HowIMedtaSlayer 3

Still all to play for! I will be back with Round 4 (which promises to be the hardest yet!) soon...

Priceless
Priceless
I did very badly, season 2 definitely not my specialist subject lol

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
5. Sheila Martini (impressed by the ones who knew her last name!)
12. Oz and Jonathan (never thought of Devon but guess he doesn't count so much)
The first one is due to all the fanfiction I read and write, it makes the character names stick more in your mind because you're constantly faced with fanon versions of them. As for the second one, I never think of Jonathan as showing up in S2, perhaps because he was in the unaired pilot?

Top Bottom