• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

MVP's for each Buffyverse Season?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Buffy S1 - Giles

S2 - Buffy

S3 - Buffy

S4 - Willow

S5 - Spike

S6 - Xander

S7 - Dawn

Angel S1 - Cordelia (funny because she had stronger seasons)

S2 - Angel (runner up Darla)

S3 - Wesley

S4 - Lilah

S5 - Fred/Illyria

Now lets have yours and reasons if you want.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
Buffy

S1 -
Buffy

S2 - Angel (and Buffy)

S3 - Faith (and Angel and Buffy)

S4 - Buffy (and Riley)

S5 - Dawn (and Buffy)

S6 - Buffy (and Willow)

S7 - Spike (and Buffy)

Angel

S1 -
Cordelia (and Angel)

S2 - Angel (and Darla)

S3 - Wesley (and Darla)

S4 - Wesley (and Connor)

S5 - Angel (and Spike)

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I almost went for Angelus for S2 of Buffy. Such a great villain and I love that arc. Interesting choices.

burrunjor

Potential
Can I have more than one each season? Also do you mean the most important character as in, who contributed most to making the season great, or who was the most important in terms of helping the team save the day?

For who contributed the most to making each season great, I'd say.

Season 1 Buffy (I like her pluckiness and feistiness this year, and her fear when she has to face the Master and finally her strength when she kills him. Her stomping the Master is her most badass moment as a hero.)

Season 2 Buffy, Giles and Angelus (This one doesn't need explaining. The horrible situation all three find themselves in is some of the best Vampire fiction I have ever seen.)

Season 3 Faith and Buffy (A unique and interesting relationship that can be read so many different ways, from friends to enemies, to maybe even a romantic interpretation. Personally I prefer them as enemies. Their final contribution is so brutal. It's one of the few times Buffy seems genuinely spiteful and hateful towards her enemy. "All that killing and you're afraid to die?"

Season 4 Spike (His great sense of humor really brought out the lighter qualities of the season.)

Season 5 Spike (Even though I don't like Spuffy, I will admit the most surprising moments of this season, outside of Joyce all stem around his new obsession with the Slayer.)

Season 6 (Sadly nobody comes out too well in this season. I'd say Tara even if she isn't in it that much as she is the most likable by far.)

Season 7 (Again much like 6, sadly none of them are at their best here, but I'd say probably Spike again as at least the resolution to his arc is very touching and fitting.)

Angel

Season 1 Angel He's a great lead and I like the way he gives other people around him like Wesley and Cordelia and Doyle a chance to redeem themselves.)

Season 2 Cordelia (her humour is at its best this year, and I like the way she does give Angel the most grief after his self pitying, pretentious quest.)

Season 3 (Hard to say. Much the latter two Buffy's, nobody is at their best here. Overall however Wesley is probably the best character simply because he has the most unexpected arc.)

Season 4 Gunn (though this is more of a case of by default. Wesley is quite cool this season though. Cordy and Angel are sadly both affected by the Connor arc, whilst Fred is okay, but nothing big.)

Season 5 (In contrast to the previous three seasons, everybody is at their best here LOL. Still if I had to choose it would be Spike and Fred/Ilyria. Amy Acker was exceptional this year at playing both characters, and Fred was at her most likable here, whilst Spike brought such humour and tension to the show via his legendardy bromance with Angel.)

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah Tara does have good S6.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Can I have more than one each season? Also do you mean the most important character as in, who contributed most to making the season great, or who was the most important in terms of helping the team save the day?

For who contributed the most to making each season great, I'd say.

Season 1 Buffy (I like her pluckiness and feistiness this year, and her fear when she has to face the Master and finally her strength when she kills him. Her stomping the Master is her most badass moment as a hero.)

Season 2 Buffy, Giles and Angelus (This one doesn't need explaining. The horrible situation all three find themselves in is some of the best Vampire fiction I have ever seen.)

Season 3 Faith and Buffy (A unique and interesting relationship that can be read so many different ways, from friends to enemies, to maybe even a romantic interpretation. Personally I prefer them as enemies. Their final contribution is so brutal. It's one of the few times Buffy seems genuinely spiteful and hateful towards her enemy. "All that killing and you're afraid to die?"

Season 4 Spike (His great sense of humor really brought out the lighter qualities of the season.)

Season 5 Spike (Even though I don't like Spuffy, I will admit the most surprising moments of this season, outside of Joyce all stem around his new obsession with the Slayer.)

Season 6 (Sadly nobody comes out too well in this season. I'd say Tara even if she isn't in it that much as she is the most likable by far.)

Season 7 (Again much like 6, sadly none of them are at their best here, but I'd say probably Spike again as at least the resolution to his arc is very touching and fitting.)

Angel

Season 1 Angel He's a great lead and I like the way he gives other people around him like Wesley and Cordelia and Doyle a chance to redeem themselves.)

Season 2 Cordelia (her humour is at its best this year, and I like the way she does give Angel the most grief after his self pitying, pretentious quest.)

Season 3 (Hard to say. Much the latter two Buffy's, nobody is at their best here. Overall however Wesley is probably the best character simply because he has the most unexpected arc.)

Season 4 Gunn (though this is more of a case of by default. Wesley is quite cool this season though. Cordy and Angel are sadly both affected by the Connor arc, whilst Fred is okay, but nothing big.)

Season 5 (In contrast to the previous three seasons, everybody is at their best here LOL. Still if I had to choose it would be Spike and Fred/Ilyria. Amy Acker was exceptional this year at playing both characters, and Fred was at her most likable here, whilst Spike brought such humour and tension to the show via his legendardy bromance with Angel.)
Basically who you think was the best character of the season. How you judge that is up to you. If people want to have runners up then or joint winners sure.

Priceless

Scooby
Buffy is always my MVP, but if I take her out of the equation . . .

Season 1 - Giles
Season 2 - Angelus
Season 3 - Willow
Season 4 - Spike
Season 5 - Spike
Season 6 - Willow
Season 7 - Spike

Angel
Season 1 - Cordelia
Season 2 - Angel
Season 3 - Wesley/Cordelia
Season 4 - Angel
Season 5 - Spike

TriBel
TriBel
It's kinda more interesting with Buffy out of the picture (in a nice way!).

Btvs fan

Scooby
Buffy
S1 Buffy
S2 Spike
S3 Faith
S4 Buffy
S5 Spike
S6 Spike
S7 Faith

Angel
S1 Angel
S2 Angel (Darla close second)
S3 Wesley
S4 Wesley
S5 Illyria (Spike a close second)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Buffy
S1: Buffy Summers
S2: Xander Harris
S3: Rupert Giles
S4: Spike
S5: Buffy Summers
S6: Tara Maclay
S7: Dawn Summers/Xander Harris

Angel
S1: Cordelia Chase
S2: Angel
S3: Charles Gunn
S4: Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
S5: Wesley Wyndam-Pryce

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Buffy

S1- Buffy
S2- Spike and Dru
S3- The Mayor
S4- Willow
S5- Giles
S6- Tara
S7- Buffy and Spike

Angel

S1- Angel
S2- Darla
S3- Wesley
S4- Wesley
S5- Spike

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
Buffy :

S1 - Xander
S2 - Buffy (& Angelus)
S3 - Buffy (& Willow)
S4 - Spike (& Giles)
S5 - Spike & Buffy
S6 - Tara, Willow & Buffy
S7 - Buffy & Spike

Angel :

S1 - Lindsey
S2 - Darla (& Angel)
S3 - Wesley
S4 - Fred (& Wesley)
S5 - Wesley (& Gunn)

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Buffy

S1 - Buffy
S2 - Buffy. Angel is runner-up.
S3 - Buffy. Faith is runner-up.
S4 - Spike
S5 - Buffy. Spike is runner-up.

Angel

S1 - Cordelia
S2 - Angel. Gunn is runner-up.

B
Btvs fan
Youve not seen Buffy 6 and 7 and Angel 3-5 i take it ?

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Season 1- Buffy and Giles
Season 2 - Buffy and Angel
Season 3- Buffy and Faith
Season 4- Buffy
Season 5- Buffy and Dawn
Season 6- Buffy
Season 7- Buffy

Taake
Taake
I sense a theme... :p
B
Btvs fan
No Angel ?

Faded90

Potential
Season 1- Buffy and Giles
Season 2 - Buffy and Angel
Season 3- Buffy and Faith
Season 4- Buffy
Season 5- Buffy and Dawn
Season 6- Buffy
Season 7- Buffy
This is pretty much my exact list. So I’m just going to say ‘see above’ 😂

1. Buffy
2. Buffy
3. Buffy
4. Willow
5. Willow
6. Tara
7. Spike

1. Cordelia
2. Angel
3. Wesley
4. Wesley
5. Spike

fauxindigo

Scooby
Season 1- XANDER! He saved Giles from getting his head cut off in The Puppet Show & Buffy would've stayed dead in prophecy Girl if it wasn't for Xanders resuscitation.
Season 2- Spike. His truce w/Buffy in Becoming prime example.
Season 3- Not sure, whoever realized they needed to use explosives to kill the mayor.. either Giles, Buffy or Anya...
Season 4- Spike- my favorite season of him being in between good and evil.
Season 5- Buffy. gotta give it up to her for carrying on after losing her mother & Riley and then sacrificing herself for Dawn to live.
Season 6- Xander again, brought Dark Willow back from the brink of destruction.
Season 7- Willow, clearly she empowers all the potential slayers.

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
I going to be extremely boring and likely predictable when I say the MVP for the individual series for both shows is the person whose name in the title of the shows!!!

Now that's not to say that every other main character arc isn't as important and crucial to the show but at the end of the day, Buffy and Angel's arc is what drives each of their individual show and all other characters arc is connected to theirs and usual begins because of their involvement with the two leads arc.

So for me I'm going to name the character whose story was EQUALLY as important to that particular series/season.

BTVS
S1 The Scoobies. I can't separate between Giles, Willow and Xander because all three was equally as important to Buffy and the development of their own characters and setting up their arcs.
S2 Angel/Angelus. A no brainer for me because the effects of what happened between Bangel would not only have repercussions on not just them but everyone involved and also change their relationship and something in themselves that would never truly leave them.
S3 Angel and Faith. A realization series for Buffy in how she couldn't continue on with her relationship with Angel despite their deep feelings for one another coupled with the horror of what had happened to Faith and her part in it.
S4 Riley and College. Even if it isn't considered a popular relationship for Buffy, I do now feel that her relationship with Riley was important to Buffy's continuing growing in her young adulthood. She was still in her mind that having a normal boyfriend would fulfill her and she could separate it from her slayer life but everything that was to happened made her see that wasn't a reality for her. And college as hard as it was for Buffy at times made open her eyes and grow up.
S5 Dawn and Joyce. The death of her mother was another strike to Buffy that caused her to make the choices she did in this series (plus her experiences and memories of what happened in S2) and even if Dawn hadn't been there most of Buffy's life, the bond was so strong that finally realising what the first slayer meant means the choice she made was not that difficult for her.
S6 Willow (and Tara). This was Willow's journey into the absolute of what she could become when she let the magic overtake her common sense however it was clear (for me) that having these powers became a clutch to Willow where she felt less of a person without them. And of course Tara and Willow's love for her was an important part in her descent.
S7 (this is so painful?!) Spike. Obviously his decision to get a soul because it's what she deserves 🙄 was important for the show to want to develop and see how it played out for his development as a different kind of being. And then also the change in how he and Buffy interacted with the different in him.

ATS
S1 Cordelia. I kind of think that Doyle and Wesley were as important but it's just that Cordy was there from the first episode and her arc and development was interesting enough without the unexpected story of what happened between her and Connor when he was gone. It certainly gave her character an even bigger purpose.
S2 Darla. The bigger evolution was the depth they gave Darla and Angel's relationship in bringing her back. (Which I never thought I would enjoy as much when I think of their brief time in BTVS S1). It was definitely complicated being that this was them trying to navigate their feelings with them both having a soul this time.
S3 Wesley. Everything that Wesley was going through in order to protect Angel was heart warming but it also showed he didn't trust Angel at all because he somehow felt that Angel wouldn't/couldn't deal with the possibility of what he may do to his son despite himself.
S4 Connor. As unpopular the character and this series is, Connor is the BIGGEST love of Angel's life and while Angel's methods and reasoning of his decisions, it came from a place of wanting to keep the most precious thing to him as safe from harm as he could. Plus with it being Angel, there is a sense of him feeling a lot of responsibility for how Connor turn out with his mental state.
S5 Fred/Illyria. As equally that Gunn and Wesley was important for the final series, But what happen to Fred drove both of their stories and change the course of all their lives (again!)

And lastly I think there were each one other MVP to both shows...
BTVS, Hellmouth
ATS, Wolfram and Hart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom