1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

My Fantasy Buffy-Reebot

Discussion in 'Introduction To The Watcher Diaries' started by WillowFromBuffy, Jul 25, 2017.

1. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

Previously on BtVS: By activating all the potential slayers, Buffy was able to hunt the vampires to neat extincting. Finally, the girl who gave her life twice could retire. Buffy settled down, got a regular job, married, had kids, paid her bills and lived like a regular person. In time, her super-human strength started to fade. The same happened to all the slayers. They were no longer exceptional. Few of them cared. There was nothing left to fight.

Dawn went off to University. At first, she enjoyed herself. Then she started to realise that her fellow students had problems remembering her. One day, she came home to her dorm and noticed that all her stuff was gone. She called Buffy on the phone but when she spoke Buffy could no hear her.

The world became peaceful. Only Willow was unhappy. She noticed that the sun did not shine as bright as she used to. Colours were not as strong as they had been. People did not laugh as loud as they did before. Nobody made love with the same passion. She gathered a group of Wiccans and retreated into the wilderness.

The Powers made good on their promise to restore Angel's humanity. Angel settled down and tried to live a normal life.

Fast-forward 20 years: Drusilla is back. She goes to find Spike, who has locked himself inside a crypt to wait for the Apocalypse. Drusilla shows Spike that the world has become a grey modernist dystopia. She tells him that she plans to restore the vampire bloodline and restart the war between good and evil. Spike runs off to warn Buffy, but when he meets her, he discovers that she is no longer resembles the young woman he fell in love with. Spike decides not to tell Buffy of Drusilla's plan.

When vampires start hunting again, Buffy is completely unprepared. She no longer has the strength to fight them. She goes off in search of Willow. It turns out that Willow is happy to see the vampire return, because she believes it provides an opportunity to reintroduce magic to the world. People won't praise the sun unless they fear the night. Buffy asks Willow to reactivate her slayer power, but Willow explains that this can only happen once Buffy has become the person she used to be. The more heroic Buffy becomes, the more of her strength will return. Buffy argues that it is impossible for her to be heroic without her slayer strength. Willow suggests that they should go to find Xander. Xander lives alone, drinks, collects benefits and dreams of the glory days. Willow believes he, too, will be happy to see the vampires return and that he may help Buffy remember how she was when she was the slayer.

Angel must eventually sacrifice his humanity to rejoin the fight against evil as a vampire. Faith is quick to answer the call, as she has spent the last decades working as a bounty hunter, making her the only slayer to retain most of her powers. Dawn returns once Buffy starts to regain her old strength.

The original Buffy was about growing up. This one is about the midlife crisis :p

Ragnar and Priceless like this.
  2. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy BFF of Sour Patch Kid

Sineya
    Is this gonna be a fanfic? You should continue it. It's a cool idea that if everyone got what they supposedly wanted (Angel's humanity, Buffy's retirement, Xander living the quiet life) they all ended up not wanting it anymore. I think that's pretty realistic. And I love that Drusilla is involved, I can never get enough of her.

3. WillowFromBuffy

Thank you! Your analysis is spot on. I was not planning to actually write this. It would take forever. Maybe I will write out a scene or two just for fun.

Fool for Buffy likes this.
  4. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    I'd definetelly read/watch this. I'm more fond with happy scenarios with rainbows and puppies but this actually sound good.

WillowFromBuffy likes this.
  5. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    You have the makings of a great story here. If Faith is the most active and fit slayer at this point, there may be a new power structure with Faith at the top.

6. Priceless

Priceless I didn't forget y'know

But not for long, once Buffy realises she's needed, surely she'll take the leadership role? I'm hoping it's going to be more comedy than drama

Ethan Reigns: Agreed.
  7. WillowFromBuffy

It would be quite dark, but Buffy and Willow are guaranteed happy endings, seeing that I would be the showrunner.
    How about this? Buffy is going through a divorce. Her two children are moving off to college. She is stuck in an unfulfilling job. Life is pretty bleak. Then the vampires attack. Buffy goes to find Willow. Willow assumes the role of Buffy's new watcher. Things go sour. Buffy and Willow split. Willow goes to find Faith. Buffy goes home and resumes her day job. That is when she discovers Dawn appearing inside her old family photos. Slowly, the memory of her sister starts to return. The guilt of having forgotten her only sister becomes almost too much to bear.

Spike enters the scene with a plan. He helps Drusilla locate Dawn, because he knows Buffy would give her life to save her sister. Buffy goes ape-shit when she learns the vampires have Dawn. She attacks their stronghold in the style of Giles in Passions. Her fury and love for Dawn reawakens her slayer powers. Buffy is now ready to go save Willow and Faith from whatever mess they are in.

At one point, Buffy will repeat her 'Ooooo. Look! A bad guy' line from Prophecy Girl.

I think this is more than mad enough for a fan fic.

Fool for Buffy and Zenseem like this.
  8. Priceless

Why do things between Buffy and Willow go sour? I love the idea of Willow as Buffy's new Watcher, but does she have the authority and will Buffy listen? Any story that has Dawn in is already a good story in my eyes :)

I think you've really got a good story here, I hope you've got the time to do it justice.

9. WillowFromBuffy

Thank you, but I am not planning to actually write it.
    Willow is actually looking for Buffy to take charge.
    I must admit to taking some inspiration from early season 9 of the comics. Willow is feeling some of the same resentments as she does there. In my story, Willow does not start working in a computer firm. Instead, she becomes an activist, thus keeping some of her Scooby spirit alive. She lives on a hippie farm. She spent most of last year protesting the Dakota Pipeline ;) Buffy has turned into a regular joan, working stiff, soccer mom. Willow feels Buffy has a responsibility to be exceptional, even if she is no longer a slayer.

After they reform the Scoobies, it becomes clear to Buffy that Willow has other ambitions than simply fighting vampires. Willow wants to turn the Scoobies into a power base that can will try to stop climate change, fight against political corruption and oppression, make mankind less reliant on technology, etc. Buffy feels they are moving outside of the slayer jurisdiction.

Things get worse between Buffy and Willow once Faith shows up. Faith is happy to fight and willing to break a few laws doing it. Buffy struggles to keep up, and her powers are not returning. Willow complains that Buffy's heart is not in it. Eventually Buffy leaves, but before she goes, Willow asks her about Dawn. At first, Buffy does not remember Dawn, but she soon starts seeing her translucent image in old photos. Buffy then embarks on a solo quest to save Dawn, regains her powers and returns to Will and Faith in time to save their lives in the season finale.

Priceless likes this.
  10. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    Ok, now someone really needs to turn this into a fanfic.

11. Priceless

Disappointing.

Cannot see Willow being a hippie and living on a farm, though she does have the wardrobe for it :)

12. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

So are Spike and Dru back together? Is Spike evil? Why would Buffy go "ape-shit" if she knew Spike had Dawn?

13. WillowFromBuffy

It is nice of you to say so, but I fear lack the time, energy and talent. Maybe I'll do a short scene one time, just to test myself.
    I have this vague idea of a sort of commune/women's retreat/Wicca gathering kinda thing. Buffy, on the other hand, is living in suburban hell and commutes to the city for work. Xander is hiding in a trailer park.
    Spike is not in a good place. He has spent the last 20 years watching reruns of Passions, waiting for something interesting to happen. His feelings for Buffy has cooled now that she is no longer a fearsome warrior. The temptation to go back to Drusilla is strong, but his soul holds him back. Spike figures that if Drusilla finds Dawn before Buffy, then Buffy will do everything she can to get her back. If Buffy is able to rescue Dawn, then Spike will remain good. If Buffy dies or chickens out, Spike will join Drusilla.

Buffy attacks the vampire stronghold with torches and Molotov cocktails. Her fury re-actives her slayer powers and her strength starts to return. Spike is mighty impressed, but Buffy finds out that he tipped Drusilla off about Dawn, and tries to kill him.

It's a little contrived, I know, but I could not come up with anything better :p

Priceless likes this.
  14. Priceless

Are you kidding. You could write the hell out of this. But one scene will have to do.

So they'd still get wi-fi? :) Who is Buffy married to? I need to know who she'd turn her back on Spike for, because I just dont believe it's possible. Love Xander living in a trailer park, it's so Xander :)

Does Buffy kill Spike in this dystopian world you've created. I was hoping for a comedy and you've turned it into a nightmare :D

15. WillowFromBuffy

Maybe I'll have a go at drafting some scenes one night when I feel up to the task.
    Nope. It is back to basics. Homegrown food, meditation, drum circles, frolicking in woods.
    I guess I better just come out and say it. There will be very little Spuffy, if any at all. I just would not know where to take it. Spike is a tragic character. It just does not make sense for him to be happy. In my story, Buffy figures out that Spike is unsuited for the life she wants and dumps him. Then she marries Matt, who is as boring as his name, but handsome and reliable. Buffy is already separated from Matt when my story begins. I will need to come up with some new love interest for Buffy. That won't be easy.
    It is not going to be all doom and gloom. My reboot will differ from season 6 and 7 in that things will generally start bad and get better. Structurally, that is comedy :p

Priceless likes this.
  16. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    I like this idea you have . Everyone got what they wanted & found out too late it wasnt what they really wanted .
    Glad to se Dru in it . I always liked her . I wonder what Dru had been doing the last 20 yerars think that a great idea
    about what happend when they won .

Lastly i can easly see them in their jobs .
    Buffy as a socer mom .
    Willow as a hippie .
    Faith as a bountry hunter
    & lastly Xander would be perfect living in a trailer park.