• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

My first time watching Dollhouse

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Finally! The full series of Dollhouse arrived yesterday! Yeay! And I directly started watching!

Me realizing I watched episode 2 & 3 of Dollhouse and accidentally skipped episode 1. :oops:
did-i-fall-asleep1_echo_dollhouse-copy.gif
What did I miss?
tenor-7.gif

I ordered the Dollhouse DVDs and and they finally arrived yesterday!!! :D And I directly started watching. I watched 2 episodes and was hooked immediately. Today I looked up an episode list on wikipedia and realized, that I skipped the first episode :eek: Will watch that later and then episode three... I'll write my thought on each episode in the Dollhouse Forum, but I'll start with episode 1 ;).
And now I'm thinking, it's actually pretty cool that it is explaind so well that you can understand the story without the first episode and don't even realize it, the story is amazing so far! Love it! :D And Eliza and Amy are gorgeouse :)
Ghost 1x01
Great episode! 1st of all I just loved seeing Eliza Dushku and Amy Acker again ;) But wow this story is pretty creepy and interesting! The engagement of this episode was pretty scary, but Echo solved it with perefection! Loved it! Because at first I was wondering, why do they even bother to give her that traumatic backstory, that makes her weak. But oh boy, was I wrong. It was amazing!!! And the end was really creepy, I´m guessing that guy is Alpha, right? (retorical question, please no spoilers ;)) And can I just say that (I don´t know why, but...) I love the theme song!!! And the opening credits! Defenitely enjoying this show!!! :D

Willow Tara

Sineya
The Target 1x02
First, what the hell?!? That´s a bloody mess... Literally. And then: OMG this guy is such a psychopath!!! Urgh! It gave me a bit of belly-rumbling. I was scared (because I was affraid something would happen to Echo) and angry (because I haaaated that psychopath for being so... Well psychopathic) at the same time. I really HATED that guy so much!!! It was crazy and sooo wrong! And I cheered when Echo started to fight back. :D
tumblr_mab2yxninU1qikfnmo1_500.gif
And the scenes (and flashbacks) with Echo and Boyd were really sweet :)
tumblr_n4whjb1VJq1tzp7cio5_250.gif

Mr Trick

Scooby
Seem to be enjoying it enough so far:) The early standalone episodes are hit and miss but they do set up some interesting things which are built on later. There are a couple of really wobbly episodes this season. But once it gets going you should really like it.

Willow Tara

Sineya
Stage Fright 1x03
My favourite episode so far, I think :) (Though I loved all I watched so far) I loved Echo singing and how she solved the engagement, but in a completely different and even better way than it was panned. She was smart enough to make Rayna want to live. That was just amazing :D This show really has me on the edge of my seat in every episode so far :).
But one thing... Are there always those scary, really creepy psycopaths? Because they really freak me out. :oops: Oh and I liked Sierra, she was cute :) Great episode! :D

Last edited:
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Fair enough. That was actually my least favourite of the first three.
GraceK
GraceK
This was my least favorite too. I think it’s the actress who plays the superstar singer who ruins it. The only stinker episode out one of my favorite series!
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I like Sierra in this episode!
Kratos
Kratos
One of my favourite episodes.

Willow Tara

Sineya
Gray Hour 1x04
I really enjoyed this badass Echo at the beginning of this engagement, loved it! And then it completely switched after the phone call. I just wanted to hug her and take car of her. And Sierra, I kind found it funny seeing her so badass :). Because in "Stage Fright" she was completely different, so shy and all. I mean I get that that's the point, that they are completely different, with other personalities, memories etc. But it was still really different and I don't know why, but I found it kinda funny.
Hopefully something like that will never happen again to Echo, or any other active. And okay, so... Alpha is alive?!? I am really interested in finding out more about him... :D

GraceK
GraceK
Keep an eye on Sierra!! She’s possibly one of the best characters ever!!!! ❤❤

Willow Tara

Sineya
True Believer 1x05
The technology was intersting, they made her blind but could see through her eyes... Amazing if that could really work with a real blind people :D Though I don't really know what you would do with that kind of technology in real life. :confused: Anyways back to the episode... I liked the moment when Echo is like: "God has a message and that message is: Move your ass!" 😂 LMAO!
And this moment:
089a42a49fb22de0949ed8028e2c7376.jpg
OMG I love topher! He's so funny! And I am always so happy to see Dr.Saunders, because i love Amy Acker :). Love her so much! :D ❤ I really, really, really hope we get more of her! :)

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
You will not be disappointed by the amount of Amy in Dollhouse

Echo126

Townie
I'm so excited that you got it and can watch it now! But how dare you start without me?! Lol

Echo126

Townie
True Believer 1x05
The technology was intersting, they made her blind but could see through her eyes... Amazing if that could really work with a real blind people :D Though I don't really know what you would do with that kind of technology in real life. :confused: Anyways back to the episode... I liked the moment when Echo is like: "God has a message and that message is: Move your ass!" 😂 LMAO!
And this moment:
View attachment 12662
OMG I love topher! He's so funny! And I am always so happy to see Dr.Saunders, because i love Amy Acker :). Love her so much! :D ❤ I really, really, really hope we get more of her! :)
Oh you're gonna love this season hehehe.

Willow Tara

Sineya
I'm so excited that you got it and can watch it now! But how dare you start without me?! Lol
Oh my god! :eek: I totally forgot :oops: I am so sorry! :( The problem was that when the DVDs arrived I directly started watching because I was so excited and then I couldn't stop. And I am watching it with my parents, so I can't decide alone when to watch it. I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you when I'd start :(

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Oh wow, with your parents? How are they enjoying it? I've been wanting to get my mom to watch it, since she has no interest in shows like Buffy or Angel but she might enjoy this.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
That's great that you are watching Dollhouse, it's one of my favorite shows, I'm a big Eliza fan, so I enjoy seeing her in the lead. Glad you are enjoying the episodes so far, it gets better, the first half of season one is the show's weakest point, imo. So keep on watching!

And Sierra, I kind found it funny seeing her so badass :). Because in "Stage Fright" she was completely different, so shy and all.
Yes, I think all of the actors do a great job playing the different characters, especially Victor and Sierra.

Echo126

Townie
Oh my god! :eek: I totally forgot :oops: I am so sorry! :( The problem was that when the DVDs arrived I directly started watching because I was so excited and then I couldn't stop. And I am watching it with my parents, so I can't decide alone when to watch it. I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you when I'd start :(
Hahaha no worries. I can definitely understand the excitement. Enjoy with ur parents. Tell them they're super cool for watching it with you :)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
@Fuffy Baith & @Echo126 not for nothing, but can one of you possible change avatar? It is super confusing to keep track of you. I literally got you mixed up more than once now :D

Echo126

Townie
@Fuffy Baith & @Echo126 not for nothing, but can one of you possible change avatar? It is super confusing to keep track of you. I literally got you mixed up more than once now :D
Lol sorry. I really love that avatar but since I'm the newest member, I'll go ahead and find something else. Sorry for the confusion.

Puppet
Puppet
Don't apologize, I'm the one that feels bad for even asking, but I just couldn't deal with the confusion anymore :(
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Hey, no worries, thanks though. it is a great avatar!
W

WillowFromBuffy

Are there always those scary, really creepy psycopaths?
No! Not at all. No creepy, scary people from here on forward. Promise!

You're going to have so much fun with this. Dollhouse is an amazing show. It will also break your heart ... over and over again, but in a Whedon-show, that is just part and parcel.

Willow Tara

Sineya
Oh wow, with your parents? How are they enjoying it? I've been wanting to get my mom to watch it, since she has no interest in shows like Buffy or Angel but she might enjoy this.
Well my parents were the ones who watched Buffy (my mother gave my other mother the box set as a birthday pesent) and I just saw a bit of it (when I was 9) and wanted to watch it with them. Tgey first didn't let me, but I eventually was allowed to (there's a bit a longer story to it than that) So this is all thanks to them. :p They had no idea what they had started. lol. Me and my parents always watch shows/movies together :). Everyone can choose something they like :D. It started with Buffy, then I wanted to watch Angel, then they wanted to watch Start Trek: Voyager and Northern Exposure, then I wanted to watch Much Ado About Nothing, because Joss and so many great actors :D. After that me and one of my parents went to a comic store, I was looking for Buffy or Angel comics and then we saw someone buy a firefly comic. And I told my mother that that's also from Joss Whedon, she wanted to buy it for me, but I told her that I needed to watch tge show first, so we did and then Serenity. Then I watched Dr.Horrible and loved it and watched it (on the same day) again with them because I wnated to show them :). And then I said that I need to watch Dollhouse too and we do watch it now. After that will be "Supergirl" requested by one of my parents. And I am thinking about next requesing either: How I Met You Mother, because of Alyson and Neil. Or Person Of Interest, because of Amy.

The enjoyed all of the above mentioned :D I ask them always how the like it, but maybe a bit overly excited so that they can't really say sometzing else than that it's great :p
And yes my parents are the best for watching all this with me. They went to a Comic Con with me, we built the Slayer Scythe and Faith's knife together :D And yesterday my mother knit ne Jaynes hat from Firefly :)(while we were atching Dollhouse ;)). I have the best parents in the world!!! :D

Wow okay sorry for that long post, I went completely off topic.

Willow Tara

Sineya
That's great that you are watching Dollhouse, it's one of my favorite shows, I'm a big Eliza fan, so I enjoy seeing her in the lead. Glad you are enjoying the episodes so far, it gets better, the first half of season one is the show's weakest point, imo. So keep on watching!
I will defenitely keep watching :) It's great so far and everyone keeps telling me it will get better. And I'm like: It can get even better than this?!?
Yes, I think all of the actors do a great job playing the different characters, especially Victor and Sierra.
Yeah. I don't know what I think about Victor, so far. But Sierra defenitely and Echo also she's sooo amazing!!! And I want more Dr.Saunders! :D
Hahaha no worries. I can definitely understand the excitement. Enjoy with ur parents. Tell them they're super cool for watching it with you :)
I apologize again. :( And I will defenitely tell my parents, if I haven't already like 10 times :D
No! Not at all. No creepy, scary people from here on forward. Promise!

You're going to have so much fun with this. Dollhouse is an amazing show. It will also break your heart ... over and over again, but in a Whedon-show, that is just part and parcel.
Yeay! No creepy, scary people! :)
The show is amazing already and I am looking forward to continue! :D And yeah I already am scared which great idea Joss will have this time and who it's going to be, he kills off. First he makes us love the characters and then he takes them away... :(
joss-whedon-kills.jpg
ffa4331e393799c5879f636be3bd2429.jpg

Last edited:

Willow Tara

Sineya
AWESOME!!!!! I just realized that there's a Dollhouse Comic in the DVD set I have :D
This is the DVD box set I have:
dollhouse.jpg
And it comes with this exclusive comic book:
image.jpg
It's really, really small, but it'sawesome to have it! I'll read it after I'm finnished with the show. And one question, I don't count it as a spoiler if you answer that, is the girl supposed to be Felicia Day? (or... well more likely a chracter portyed by her in the show ;)) Because she really reminds me of her. If so, please don't say the name of the character or anything just say yes or no to that question.
But if it's true, then it's kinda strange that there's no Echo on it :confused: (Please don't answer that)

Puppet
Puppet
Echo is on it, check out the large poster in the top right corner :)
Top Bottom