• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

My first time watching Firefly

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Hey there! So I just watched the first episode of Firefly. And it was awesome! I really enjoyed it! If anyone of you wants to discuss the show with me (without spoilers) then join in this thread :). I'm looking forward to continue the show :D. I'll share my thought so far on the first episode...

Serenity 1x01
Some thoughts I had during the episode:

- Oh hey! I know that actor (Carlos Jacott as Lawrence Dobson)! He was on Angel once!! (in the episode Bachelor Party)
- I think I'll enjoy the character of Gina Torres here (as Zoe) way more than I did on Angel (as Jasmine) :D
- Inara looks sooo beautiful ๐Ÿ˜
- Yeay! Nathan Fillion!
- I am so happy to see more of Joss Whedon! :D
About the epiode:
I really enjoyed this so far! I like Kaylee, she seems really nice! When they said she died I was so shocked! And I couldn't believe it, because I had seen pictures of her when I saw things about Firefly, so I thought she would be more important. And she just couldn't die in the first episode. But when I realized that she is still alive I was so happy! :) I am really interested in River, to see where they go with her. I hope we get more of her backstory (even though there are sadly only 14 episodes :() what happend to her. And I wanna know if she is insane, because of what they did to her or if she's just in shock right now and will get better and we will see her incredible intelligence.
Don't really have anything more to say right now other than I really liked it and just wanna watch more! :D

Last edited:

Willow Tara

Sineya
The Train Job 1x02
Some thoughts I had during the episode:
- I know the actor that appeared in the end! (Jeff Ricketts! He was on Chance as Chance's father and on Buffy & Angel as one of the watchers who wanted to take Faith to the council)
About the episode:
I liked how they stole the things. And I laughed at the story about Mal and Zoe being married๐Ÿ˜‚. I was surprised how Inara got them out there. I sat in front of my TV cheering. "Yes! You go girl! Get them out there!" And about the blue hands... I was so proud of myself ๐Ÿ˜ Because in the last episode I foretold that River is Simons sister. I was like: "He is totally going to say: She's my sister." in that moment... He said that too. I was so proud :). And today in this episode I knew that the blue hands that River talked about were blue plastic gloves! Ok yeah... It wasn't too hard to find that out, but I was still happy :). I really didn't think Mal would give the medecine back at first, I also didn't want to. I was like: "No! You worked hard for that!" (I'm clearly not thinking about the moral aspects while watching this show, I always want them to get their money that they deserve. Because they work hard for it. But in the end I understood why he did that. And I thought to myself: "Yes. That was the right choice.")
So liked that episode too! :D
I watched the next episode today too. Will post my thoughts on that episode soon.

Reactions: sk

Willow Tara

Sineya
Bushwhacked 1x03
About the episode:
I liked the beginning when the whole crew was playing together! That was cool :). It looked really disgusting, all the bodies of the Reavers' victims. I was so scared when they said the Reavers would come. But gladly it was just the alliance. I thought it was funny when the alliance was asking tge crew all the questions. Zoe's just like: "I fought with a lot of people." - "And your husband." - Zoe: "Fight with him sometimes too." lol๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ And Jane's just not talknig. :p And it looked so cute when River looked at the stars, she's adorable. :) I was mad that the alliance took the freight. I mean Mal saved his life! I'm with Jane on that one. (Just a question: Isn't "Jane" a name for a girl? Don't mean anything unkind about him... I'm not sure, so I'm just asking.) Anyways... Really enjoying Firefly! This episode was good :D.

Sadly I can't watch more for the next few days (Idk... Probably until 3rd or 4th january), though I really really wanna watch more :confused:. But I don't have time. So this was the last Firefly episode for 2018 :p See you in 2019! ;)

Reactions: sk

Willow Tara

Sineya
I've got an ear worm of the Firefly theme song now๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
You can't take the sky from me!!!

Last edited:

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I love the Firefly theme! Shame you can't watch anymore for a few days, but it's good that you can make the show last over a week!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Just a question: Isn't "Jane" a name for a girl
Correct Jayne is a girls name ;) this is addressed in the series with lolz. One of the scenes that never fails to make me laugh.

But... Names have no gender if ya listen to the latest lifestyle choice.

Lucky you get to stretch it out! Dont miss the movie at the end either :)

Willow Tara

Sineya
I watched a couple of Firefly episodes, but I completely forgot to write my thoughts about them here.
So here we go:

Shindig 1x04
I liked how much Mal and Inara cared for each other in this episode ๐Ÿ˜. And Kaylee was so sooo cute with her dress. And it was so funny when she just started talking about machine stuff. The sword duel wasn't my favourite part of this episode, though I really thought it was right/understood that Mal punched that guy! He was so rude and mean and talked about Inara like she was a thing that he can buy. And I was soooo happy that Inara didn't stay with that stupit guy :) though I didn't really belive that she would leave the Serenity crew, I was still glad.

Last edited:

Willow Tara

Sineya
Safe 1x05
I aways like it when we see more of Simon and River. And I like it that Kaylee likes Simon :) I got mad when that woman first thought River was an angel, but then she's a witch. Why? If she knew the things even though the little kid didn't talk, she could still be an angel. Why is she considered an angel if she makes the kid talk, but considered a witch if she knows things? But luckily the crew rescued River and Simon before they got burned. :D

Last edited:

Willow Tara

Sineya
Our Mrs. Reynolds 1x06
I liked about this episode mostly Inara scenes. When Inara kissed Mal and then was unconcious. And then she says that she got hit like Wash ๐Ÿ˜‚. And the last scene of the episode when Mal says that she can't fool him, because he knew she kissed "Mrs Reynolds". So funny๐Ÿ˜‚ I liked that. Are Mal and Inara going to get together? (please don't answer this, I don't wanna get spoilerd)

Last edited:

Willow Tara

Sineya
Jaynestown 1x07
This episode was hilariouse (except for the end when that guy saved Jayne and died... That was rather sad.) I mean in the beginning we were supposed to think that Jayne did something so bad that everyone hates him. But then they have a statue of him and a song about him๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ And Simon always thinks he's losing his mind๐Ÿ˜‚ Oh and becuse I mentioned Simon... I really like him and Kaylee! I. Want. Them. To. End. Up. Together!!!

Last edited:

Willow Tara

Sineya
Out of Gas 1x08
I liked this episode a lot, because of the many flashbacks. I always like flashbacks :D We got to see how Mal bought Serenity and the guy was talking about a completely different ship, but Mal only had eyes for Serenity. We saw how he showed Serenity to Zoe and she wasn't so happy, optimistic and impressed by it as Mal. When they hired Wash and Zoe didn't really like him... The audience is like: "Oh girl you gonna marry this guy๐Ÿ˜‚". How Jayne got in the crew (๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚) it was so funny๐Ÿ˜‚ And when Inara got her shuttle. And the best was Kaylee! Because she's just the best at her jobโค Really enjoyed this episode :D

Willow Tara

Sineya
Ariel 1x09
I liked it when Simon explained everything to Jayne, Mal and Zoe. And then they didn't even need to say it, but Jayne just said it even though they din't have to. I completely understood him, sometimes our teacher says we have to learn vocabulary and I learn a lot to get a good grade in the test. And in the end there isn't even a test and I'm like: "But I learned so much." I also just liked in general that Simon had a plan and that it was a good plan, I was kinda proud of him. But I was angry at Jayne for betraying Simon and River, but then he tried to escape and took both of them with him. I was glad that he at least didn't leave them there and tried to escape on his own. And I was so happy that Simon got the information about River, hopefully he'll be able help her more.

Willow Tara

Sineya
War Stories 1x10
It was funny when Wash was so jealouse because of Mal and Zoes long relationship, especially when he talked with Mal about it during their torture. They just ignored the torture and talked. And when Zoe had to choose she indtantly chose Wash and I was glad. Because 1. Mal would probably survive this torture longer than Wash and 2. it would be weird if she'd choose her captain and friend over her husband. And Wash would be hurt more, if she chose Mal than the other way around. And the end scene was so soo funny๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
You haven't got many episodes left now, but it's great to see your thoughts on them. Do you have the movie too?

Willow Tara
Willow Tara
No I haven't got the movie yet. But I'll defenitely buy it! ๐Ÿ˜€ It's sad there aren't so many episodes left ๐Ÿ˜• But it's so interesting I just couldn't stop watching.

Willow Tara

Sineya
Safe 1x05
I aways like it when we see more of Simon and River. And I like it that Kaylee likes Simon :) I got mad when that woman first thought River was an angel, but then she's a witch. Why? If she knew the things even though the little kid didn't talk, she could still be an angel. Why is she considered an angel if she makes the kid talk, but considered a witch if she knows things? But luckily the crew rescued River and Simon before they got burned. :D
Oh and I really liked the falshback! And I loved the scene when River danced she's just so adorable and cute!!! ๐Ÿ˜

Spanky
Spanky
It's a lot more intense than the TV show.

Willow Tara

Sineya
Trash 1x11
When I saw "Saffron", "Bridget" or "Yolanda" or however you wanna call her... I was like: "NO! NO! NOOOOOO!!!!" Because I really really don't like her. And I didn't trust her for one second (In this episode. I have to admit, she fooled me in the other episode :p) I liked it that Inara worked with the crew, that was AWESOME!!! :D And like how many husbands does this woman have?!? lol๐Ÿ˜‚

Willow Tara

Sineya
The Message 1x12
I read the name "Jonathan Woodward" and I thought: Hey I know that name! But where from? When I saw him I was like: Hey! That's the actor who played Holden Webster in "Conversations with Dead People" on Buffy and Knox on Angel!!! Joss really loves to re-use actors ;). Imo this was a very good episode. The ending was perfect for the episode! Really Good!

There are only 2 episodes left! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ข :(
But I'll buy the movie afterwards! :D

Willow Tara

Sineya
Heart of Gold 1x13
I liked this episode because I (space)ship (lol:p... Okay that one was really bad, I'm sorry) Inara & Mal. โคโค I really didn't expect a show with only 14 episodes to get me so hooked so fast. And I have to confess I shed a tear when Inara cried. When she sayd to Mal that she thought her friend would have a better tast, I was angry and saying stuff like: "That is so unfair! Stop being so rude!" I really believed that she meant what she said. And when I saw her crying I cried, but I was kinda happy too. That she has this feelibg towards Mal. โ™ก When Inara said she would leave the ship and the crew... I did expect a twist in that scene. I just knew the conversation wasn't going to go in the direction I wanted it to. But I really didn't see that coming.

Only one episode to go :confused:
I don't want it to end! But at least there's a movie :) And special features :D

Top Bottom