• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

My first time watching Firefly

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
NOOOOOO!!! Ifinished the show! :(😢😭😭😭 But at least there's still the movie :D Though I have to wait for it to arrive still:confused:

Objects in Space 1x14
Oh I really loved this episode! We got to learn a little bit more about River, wich is always great. I loved the beginning when we kinda saw through Rivers eyes, when we saw what she sees and hears. And it was so cool when River "was Serenity" I loved it! She didn't talk insane things. When it was important she could do what was necessary and not go all crazy. I liked the ending when River and Kaylee played a game together and laughed :D It was just all around a very good episode! Really enjiyed it :D Though that it is the last episode made me sad. I wnat so much more to happen! To get to know even more about River, "what" she is, what they did to her/why they did this to her and cut her brain open, why she can shoot so well and is so smart. I want Simon and Kaylee to kiss and be together! Same with Mal and Inara! I wanna know what's up with Shepherd, he seems luke there's way more in his past than what we know. And OH MY GOD why did they cancel this freaking awesome show?!?!?!!!!!

I NEED TO WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
cause FOX sucks!

Dora

Scooby
I have watched Firefly but disliked it , not Totally because of the show itself which I think was a rip off of star trek ( which I dislike ) and Dodge city but the fact it took Whedon away from Buffy / Angel to which I certainly think Buffy suffered more , but I did not like the fact one of the main characters was prostitute ....didn't seem right some how not for someone that was at the time claiming to be a feminist
Also Firefly lasted 14 episodes , Buffy 7 years.....yet its Firefly who gets a film ? albeit a not very good film

spikenbuffy

"Preparation, preparation, preparation"
I would love and want to watch one day Firefly because it's from Joss Whedon and it's well loved by fans but I don't know if it exist in French or English with subtitles in French.

Octavia
Octavia
I hope you get the chance to see it one day :)

Willow Tara

Sineya
Serenity (the movie)
Watched Serenity now! (A few days ago... Totally forgot to write my thoughts here... Sorry.) And I loved it! So glad they made it!!!! Oh and thanks to @Spanky for warning me
Just be forewarned, it's nothing like the show and it will probably break your heart.
and telling me I'd need kleenex.
Be sure to have a big box of kleenex when you watch Serenity then. If those made you cry.
I did need them.😭😭 But let's not talk about the sad events... Let´s just forget it ever happened. (I was just writing this sentence and I immideately had a flashback to when Willow said that to Tara and then did the forgetting spell with the lethe's bramble. Sorry just... Had to think of this scene. And well... Let´s not take my words that literally. Or... Can someone do that spell on me so I really forget the sad things in the movie, please?🙏)

I really enjoyed this movie, had a great River centric plot (which is awesome, because I love River) but everyone was important, which is really cool. You don´t always have that, especially not in movies (Imo) that the other characters are as important as the main charcter. :) But before I talk non sense... River was the main character right? ... See? I´m not even 100% sure if she really is the main character, because everyone had great and important scenes. I first was affraid that Inara wouldn´t be a part of the movie... Or (after I saw Morena Baccarin´s name) that her only scene would be the wave. I was like: Don´t tell me they credited her only because of that scene! Gladly they didn´t :).
And I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED Simon and Kaylee!!!😍❤❤❤❤❤💖
ser.jpg ;):p:D:D:D:)YEEEAAAY!!!! LOL:p;)
First it´s like really cute (but also like: YEAH?!? Well that´s your problem now, Simon! What were you waiting for all this damn time?!?) And then it´s just... LOOOOOOL!!!! LAMO!!!😂;):p:p:p "As in... Sex?" LOL😂😂 :p"Hell with this. I´m gonna live!" :D
Yeah... Guess that was the best moment for me. Close followed by...
seeer.gif
And then followed by the Mal/Inara scenes, best was the last one :)💖❤😍
I also really enjoyed the River fighting scenes
river.gif (I hope that´s the right gif... Can´t really see that much... Sorry.)
I watched all the special features. And I love that Summer Glau did all the stunts (or at least like 90% of them or whatever) herself, that´s stunning!!!
And what also liked was that we got to know how the Reavers wer created, so it really answers many questions/closes open ends there were from the series (Like... Let´s say... SIMON AND KAYLEE!!! 😍❤:D) But it isn´t even close to being enough satisfy me... I WANT MOOOOORE!!!!!!!! But I have to say, if getting more seasons of Firefly or a Serenity 2 aren´t an option, this (Imo) really is the best they could do, because it turned out AMAZING! Just like the show was :)
Still miss it :(😭😢😭😭

Last edited:

Willow Tara

Sineya
OMG this is so funny!!! 😂 :p
So, my mothers name is Vera... Does this remind you of anything? ;)
DistantTepidGoa-small.gif
(not kidding, my mothers name is actually the name of Jaynes gunn :p) That's such a funny coincidence 😁😂
And this mother (yes I have two) knit/made me Jaynes hat :D
McJh.gif
ma-cobbs-hat-1.jpg
Wanna see a picture of my "Jayne hat" that my mother made for me?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
That's awesome. Buffy looks good wearing it. That would be a peculiar ship Bayne.

Taake
Taake
Now that’s a couple that’d solve their problems with their fists

Willow Tara

Sineya
The hat is great!! Fun thread :D
Thanks :) Yes the hat is awesome! (Am wearing it right now lol. :p) So happy my mother made that for me :D
And the thread kinda becomes my Firefly/Serenity thread anything I have to say about it, that doesn't fit in another thread or is not worth creating a whole new one, comes in here ;) :D

Top Bottom