• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

My kind of girl!

Grayowl

Townie
She was a ruethless, ladder climbing amoral, lying bitch. She looked so good you could taake her out in public! You could lie to her and never feel bad about it! Like most whores she had a streak of goodness deep down inside! As long as you never trust her and sleep with one eye open, she will give you a great ride, leave your heart alone and only steal your soul! Besides she like doing it on desks! Give this girl a medal!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
And whatever she does, she owns it. No excuses, no complaints. And none of the ridiculous "redemption arcs" some other characters drag us through. She would make a perfect James Bond villain. Beautiful, intelligent and ruthless. The lack of self-pity is refreshing - and unique in the Buffyverse.

T
thrasherpix
I especially love her lack of self-pity, even when I'd understand it. Makes her one of the strongest characters on the show, even if she's evil (or ruthlessly pragmatic, whatever).

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Like most whores she had a streak of goodness deep down inside! As long as you never trust her and sleep with one eye open, she will give you a great ride, leave your heart alone and only steal your soul! Besides she like doing it on desks! Give this girl a medal!

Seems a bit demeaning if I'm honest, I mean my opinion is if someone gets a kick out of a woman being a whore/they sleep with her it's just a bad reflection on them and their heart if they think of her as a whore.

KaitKat

Potential
Seems a bit demeaning if I'm honest, I mean my opinion is if someone gets a kick out of a woman being a whore/they sleep with her it's just a bad reflection on them and their heart if they think of her as a whore.

Exactly it’s 2021 can we not call women whores? She was unashamed of her sexuality but that has nothing to do with what kind of heart she has.

Bop
Bop
Yeah her heart wasn't exactly good but it's unrelated to her sexuality.

Priceless

Scooby
She was a ruethless, ladder climbing amoral, lying bitch. She looked so good you could taake her out in public! You could lie to her and never feel bad about it! Like most whores she had a streak of goodness deep down inside! As long as you never trust her and sleep with one eye open, she will give you a great ride, leave your heart alone and only steal your soul! Besides she like doing it on desks! Give this girl a medal!
How was she a whore? Wasn't Wes the only person she slept with? And that 'whore with a heart of gold' trope is ridiculous at best. As has been said, it's 2021 and a woman with a sex drive is still considered a 'whore'??

This is the second time this week that a woman who has sex has been called a demeaning slur. I really don't like it.

G
Grayowl
It isn't about the sex act - she is an attorney at a firm that is evil and she is all about advancing evil for a financial reward and power. Yes she had sex with one but she was ready to jump on a desk with Angel too. Prostitution comes in many forms

Nothing13

Potential
How was she a whore? Wasn't Wes the only person she slept with? And that 'whore with a heart of gold' trope is ridiculous at best. As has been said, it's 2021 and a woman with a sex drive is still considered a 'whore'??

This is the second time this week that a woman who has sex has been called a demeaning slur. I really don't like it.
I agree.
I think that there is still a prejudice that is also linked not only to culture but also related to the ancestry of our biology/evolution (like lions and lionesses), where:
-A woman has a lot of sex with different men: she is called a "whore"
-A man has a lot of sex with many women: he is virile and very masculine

This is a problem and for me, this "mental prejudice and idea" will be difficult to eliminate

Priceless
Priceless
Agree, 'slut' and 'whore' are sexist slurs.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I wouldn't call her a whore, either, though that could be my background. I associate whores with slavery and survival sex, not uninhibited lust, but realize we have different measuring sticks (if mine were normal, then "pimping" or "pimped out" would've never become the compliment it has).

She never offered to sleep her way to the top (though she did "take a little off the top" from her boss before taking his position). The closest I can think of is where she considered playing Mrs. Robinson to Connor, and that's more sexual manipulation to me (though I suppose some, not me, would define a whore that way).

Lilah was actually surprisingly chaste (relatively speaking), and I vaguely recall she was insulting and furious when for a moment she thought a guy beneath her in rank was trying to blackmail her into sex or something.

She most definitely does not have a heart of gold. She was taking part in ripping off that charity for homeless kids She used torture and murder. She loved watching gladiator fights. She set up that telekinetic girl to be raped.

She did do right by Wesley, but I don't consider doing favors and showing kindness to someone you have affection for as being good. The most evil villains can still love their families (as Holland Manners did his), or even their cat (like I think some James Bond villain did)...or whoever they're infatuated with.

Spike and Dru loved each other and even went well beyond what many humans would do for each other (can't forget how taking Dru hostage stopped Spike's massacre at that exclusive club, though he wouldn't have stopped for any other vampire Buffy took hostage), but Spike reminisced how he and Dru fed on a homeless person sleeping on a bench and how his begging or crying made it more fun for Dru, and thus for him. They loved each other to a degree many fantasize over, but they couldn't be said to have a heart of gold for it, and I wouldn't for Lilah, either.

And despite this, she used Wes...it's just Wesley worked that into his plans so it's easy to forget. When she volunteered info, she had nothing to lose then. And, especially being a human, no one is going to be 100% "good" or "evil." But being nice to Wes hardly constitutes a "heart of gold" to me. Not even seeing to her mother's care makes her good (though that does make me so curious of her background and formative years).

But I do love her drive and how she endures. I bet when she cried over how beaten she was due to Billy's influence on Gavin, it was more helpless rage than just being all weepy because the world is mean (and speaking of which, loved that Lilah did what Cordy should've done when she had the chance, and shot Billy dead, score one for Evil, dock Good a point for it having to be Lilah despite Cordelia got there first). She got scared, but she carried on despite the fear, and always came out on top. At least until she didn't, but no one really could've in that situation save a Higher Being. I bet she's still earning those promotions in Hell, and maybe find a way to be even happier than she was before.

Grayowl

Townie
Whore:
a person who engages in promiscuous sex for money; prostitute.
Disparaging and Offensive. a person who is sexually promiscuous.

Prostute:
a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money; whore; harlot.
a man who engages in sexual acts for money.
a person who willingly uses his or her talent or ability in a base and unworthy way, usually for money. To put to any base or unworthy use:

Top Bottom