• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

My predictions for the end of Season two (I've finished up to episode 18 so far).

Mrs Gordo

We fight termites wherever they may roam!
Black Thorn
@Ghost Boy - are you spoiled for anything in the series given the amount of time the series has been out and how it sometimes makes its way into news and pop culture? Or are you pretty clueless as to what happens?

We have another member @Andreana22 who is also a first-time watcher. She is ahead of you as she is finishing up season 7 but she said she already knew some things were going to happen.

@Ghost Boy - are you spoiled for anything in the series given the amount of time the series has been out and how it sometimes makes its way into news and pop culture? Or are you pretty clueless as to what happens?
Well I am trying to avoid spoilers but it is difficult because the series has been out for so long and there is so much info about it all over the internet.

Things that have been spoiled for me so far:
Angel and Buffy will permanently break up and Angel will leave.
Spike and Buffy will have some kind of relationship at some point.
Cordelia will leave and move to the Angel TV series.

I guess I could avoid spoilers completely by just not checking any Buffy related websites but I love reading what other peoples' reactions to each episode were at the same time as I watch them, that's a big part of the fun for me. Game Of Thrones was the same, after each episode I loved going on reddit and reading what other people thought. I don't know anyone in real life who watches these kinds of shows so I'm really glad that there are websites like this and reddit.

Mrs Gordo

We fight termites wherever they may roam!
Black Thorn
Angel and Buffy will permanently break up and Angel will leave.
Permanently is such a strong word... I like to think of it as "Until further notice..." :p

I hope you watch Angel the Series too! Great show. And I would recommend that you watch them in tandem to get the best overall "COMPLETE" buffyverse effect as s1 overlaps a good number of times and even s2 sinks up somewhat. It gets tricky in s3/4 of AtS to figure out proper viewing order because of the different networks situation. I like this website: The Watcher's Council: Buffy and Angel Episode Viewing Order . When I first watched them in tandem I alternated back and forth between episodes and in the later seasons, it felt weird. That website has a better viewing flow IMO.

Enjoy your watch!

Ghost Boy
Ghost Boy
Thanks so much for the link to the website about the correct Buffy/Angel episode viewing order. I will use it when I start watching Buffy season 4/Angel season 1!
I hope you watch Angel the Series too! Great show.
Thanks! Yes I have already bought the Angel complete box set of all the seasons. But I haven't started watching it yet because I want to finish season 3 of Buffy first. I'm really looking forward to it because Angel is one of my favorite characters. And I've heard Cordelia is in it too and she is another of my favorites!

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Thanks! Yes I have already bought the Angel complete box set of all the seasons. But I haven't started watching it yet because I want to finish season 3 of Buffy first. I'm really looking forward to it because Angel is one of my favorite characters. And I've heard Cordelia is in it too and she is another of my favorites!
Many fans (including me) thinks of Angel as the better show of the two, so I'm sure you'll at least enjoy it ;)

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Could you tell me why you think Angel is the better show? Without spoilers if possible? Thanks!
I suppose it's just about what you like; Angel is a bit darker, with the 1st season very reminiscent of old noir flicks. I also find it funnier, possibly because I have a similar sense of humor to Angel (the character). Also, without naming names, my favorite character of both shows is from Angel (the show). Can't say any more without spoiling it ;)

Black Thorn
I'm so jealous of you first time watchers! To be able to go back and see it all fresh again would be amazing. Definitely take @dcai0830 advice and use the Watchers Council viewing order. I enjoy both shows and find it better to view it as one big story and universe.

As for which show is better, it's Buffy :D Well that's my take and is the majority opinion. There is a significant minority of people who prefer Angel though. Since it's an excellent show in it's own right we tolerate those strange folks anyway.

I guess I could avoid spoilers completely by just not checking any Buffy related websites but I love reading what other peoples' reactions to each episode were at the same time as I watch them, that's a big part of the fun for me. Game Of Thrones was the same, after each episode I loved going on reddit and reading what other people thought. I don't know anyone in real life who watches these kinds of shows so I'm really glad that there are websites like this and reddit.
I feel the same way. I'm watching BtVS and AtS for the first time too and sometimes wish I had someone to talk about it with who was at the same point.

As I watch episodes I've been listening to spoiler free podcasts that go episode by episode. It's nice to hear other people's reactions that way. I was listening to Dusted but the couple who host it broke up part way through season 6. They reviewed the episodes with respect to how well they were written and rated them.

After Dusted ended, I switched to another podcast, Tiny Fences, and am about half way through season 7 watching along with them. It's hosted by two women, one who has seen the show and one who is watching for the first time. I like it because I can relate to Amanda, the newbie. :)

I hope you enjoy your first watch as much as I have. You're in for an amazing ride!

Last edited:
Athena
Athena
Love Tiny Fences! :-)

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
Are you planning to watch Angel concurrently with Buffy (as they aired in real life) or finish Buffy and then start Angel?

If the former, there's a watchlist on the internet somewhere which tells you how they aired so the best order to watch in :)

Are you planning to watch Angel concurrently with Buffy (as they aired in real life) or finish Buffy and then start Angel?

If the former, there's a watchlist on the internet somewhere which tells you how they aired so the best order to watch in :)
I found a watch list in Buffy-boards. Guide to Viewing Buffy & Angel in Continuity. It's what I was using before I started listening to Tiny Fences. Now I follow their order. You could also watch in air date order but I know of one set of two episodes where Buffy and Angel cross over in season 7 where they aren't in the right order. Or maybe Amazon Prime had the wrong air dates.

dcai0830 recommended The Watcher's Council: Buffy and Angel Episode Viewing Order . So I am going to use that. Really looking forward to starting Angel! I just finished watching Buffy Season 3 Episode 13 earlier today so I'll probably be starting Angel Season 1 sometime next week (I'm watching about two episodes of Buffy per day).

Top Bottom