• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Name 4 songs that sum up your music taste!

Nix

Evil Nix 😈 🦄 Unicorn of Death!
Sineya
So, what kind of music taste do you have? Most people have a variety of music styles they like so I was thinking.... why not show your music taste including the guilty pleasures or music people don't expect you to like...?

Christmas music goes without saying but I think these show the type of music I like although obviously only 4 videos is restricting! LOL You can just make a list if you prefer not to post videos.

Ghost Boy
Ghost Boy
The Sisters of Mercy are great, my favorite album of theirs is Floodland.
Puppet
Puppet
I love Come What May and Frankie Blue Eyes! :D
thrasherpix
thrasherpix
I'm a bit fan of Sisters of Mercy as well.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
I like a lot of early punk, from American proto punk to British post punk. Stooges, Velvet Underground, New York Dolls, Sex Pistols, X Ray Specs, the Wire, the Cure, Helen Love, etc. I've hugged Iggy Pop's naked body.
Bowie is my absolute hero. I got into him just after his heart issues made him stop touring, so I never got to see him perform. I went to that exhibition he had, though. I spent hours there.
I love self aware pop music, especially ones that deal with fame, excess, mental illness, addiction, suicide or just surfing on the beach or whatever. I don't think there is much genuine pop music left in the charts. There's like ... Taylor Swift. But there are many great smaller acts.
St. Vincent manages to combine my love for pop music with a great punk sensibility. Seeing her live was insane. She's an unmatched performer.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Folkish....there's so many by her that I love, but this is arguably the top one:

url=

One of my favorites by Bella Morte:

feeling wistful, or pressured to conform (and seeing others endure the same):

I want to end with a little Cruxshadows or Last Dance or Within Temptation, but I think instead Ill end with a little Chopin....I've gotten raised eyebrows more than once admitting I love his work or putting it on with people wondering if I'm messing with them:

Reactions: Nix

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Just 4? 😲 Honestly don't think that 4 songs really even comes close to showing my rather diverse taste in music.
Guess I'll go with what I generally like the most. Try to pick things that'll more or less represent that. This may take a minute! 🤔

Chosen since they're a new group with a classic rock feel. I ♥ late 60s (Beatles, Stones, Joplin, etc) & early 90s rock (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc).

Chosen since I'm a big Dylan fan & ♥ some other folk rock singers like JL Mayfield & Rodriguez.

Chosen since I ♥ old skool punk like Rancid, The Clash & Sex Pistols.

Chosen since I'm a sucker for blues rock like CCR, Cream & Hendrix

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
How could I ignore my namesake

Whatever I do, read, listen to, or watch, there you'll find a talented Russian

You'll also find cheese, lotsa cheese

And oh, a sad sack song of course

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
@Puppet Not a Phantom fan??? I may need to rethink our friendship 🤣🤣 Lol, nah, each to their own! It is, however, my favourite musical of all time, and has been for over twenty years, so no smack talk!

Puppet
Puppet
In my defense, I've only seen the film :)

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Puppet In my defense, I've only seen the film :)

Ohhhh, that totally explains it, the film is terrible! If you ever get the chance to see it live, do so! Completely difference experience and you'll have singers who can actually, you know, sing!

If you're ever curious enough to find out what the songs are supposed to sound like (with trained vocalists who can actually hit and hold the notes) have a listen to the original soundtrack with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman, it's absolutely beautiful.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
If you're ever curious enough to find out what the songs are supposed to sound like (with trained vocalists who can actually hit and hold the notes) have a listen to the original soundtrack with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman, it's absolutely beautiful.
I might actually do that, as I grew up on and adore Sarah Brightman.

RachM
RachM
Oooh, let me know what you think!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Now listen to the Sarah Brightman and Hot Gossip singing, 'I Lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper'

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Wow! Only 4...…. :oops:
Okay....I'll try......
(No idea how to link YouTube vids so I'll just list em.......)

No particular order

The Baying of the Hounds - Opeth (From the album - Ghost Reveries)
Some good heavy metal - best played at 11 ;) Sing along & lose your voice for a week :)

I am only one - We are the fallen (From the album - Tear the World down)
This one always gets to me. Great to sing along to in the car...very loudly!!!!

Witch hunt - Rush (From the album - Moving pictures)
When I want something a little quieter

Toccata & Fuge in D minor - Johann Sebastian Bach (From the album - Bach plays with his organ*)
Nothing like a bit of powerful Classical played loud....Creeps out the neighbours :)

* Was a limited release ;) (This may not be true :p )

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I'm still Standing- Elton John

Chandelier- Sia

Sweet Dreams -Eurythmics

Lost in the Shadows- Lou Gramm (Lost Boys soundtrack)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I thought a pretty good (second) example of my music taste was to let my Spotify playlist go for 4 songs and see what they were :)

The first three are pretty similar in genre but eh *shrugs* :D

BaskingINBangel
BaskingINBangel
Blake Shelton! ❤
Top Bottom