• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Nasty women behaving nastily

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib of Michigan made history yesterday as one of the first two Muslim women sworn into Congress, as well as the becoming the first Palestinian-American representative. Hours after her swearing-in, Tlaib caught the attention of a lot of people in Washington when she said to a crowd of supporters, “we're gonna impeach the motherf.....r!”

She's making history, does she really want such vulgar and nasty comments to be forever be associated with it?
She's a Congresswoman, shouldn't she rise above such base and demeaning language?
Or is she right to match the language and tone of the person she is rallying against?

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
Not exactly the best behaviour when starting a new job, and it's not looking likely that he will be impeached.

However I know very little about these things and I don't even know what impeachment is exactly, so don't listen to me!

Spanky
Spanky
Don't worry. They won't impeach him. Even if they could, they wouldn't do it.
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Why wont they ?

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Not exactly the best behaviour when starting a new job, and it's not looking likely that he will be impeached.
As CNN put it "Never wrestle with a pig because you both get dirty and the pig likes it." Those kind of attacks only help him, they don't hurt him.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
nightshade according to one of my dictionary's.
To impeach means,
to accuse of treason or other serious crime against the state, and to bring for trial.

What could he be impeached for? If found guilty over the involving Russia to win the election. I'm not sure how avoiding paying taxes relates or lying to the American people as most if not all politicians lie to people and so many Americans avoid paying taxes or avoid sending in the tax statement.

As for the language that woman used against Trump, maybe she is using the type of language that his followers will understand but there is no reason to use that sort of language. She should take a page out of his book and insult people without swearing. If she becomes President that comment will be used against her.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
This may have been a case of a Muslim woman, who would be considered subservient as part of her culture and religion, trying to be seen as more forthright. It seems to be a case of overcompensation for a cultural stereotype. The United States is still a wholly-owned subsidiary of Israel Inc. and a Palestinian would not like Trump, who moved the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. As far as impeaching Trump is concerned, it is unlikely to happen until the Mueller report comes out and even if connections are found, there still has to be an offence committed.

Meliza

Scooby
donald is vulgar and crude and inspires the same in others, that is unfortunate. @ILLYRIAN I think colluding (successfully or not) with a foreign power to sway and steal a election undermines our Democracy and as such is treason against the state.

"If she becomes President that comment will be used against her."

That is out of the old rule book, donald never apologized or let himself be on the defense, only ever on the attack and it worked for him.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
The United States is still a wholly-owned subsidiary of Israel Inc.
Well said! I often wonder why we don't hear much about the occupation of Palestine...and why it seems to be acceptable for those interlopers to slaughter Palestinians....and their children. But God forbid ONE Jewish person getting hurt; then it's all over the news! They've stolen the Palestinians' land and treat them like foreigners/second-class citizens. In their own land. Why does the world turn a blind eye to these atrocities?

Meliza

Scooby
I'm not sure, circumstance of history, the religious right, needed allies in the middle east? I don't think its a religious conflict (Palestine was secular state before occupation ) or a "land dispute" its a ethnic conflict but the regular citizens on both sides do not hate each other, its the leaders who give bad counsel and stir it up as it always has been. I think Israel is against being a minority in a one state solution because no country in the middle east treats its minorities fairly, correct me if I am wrong on that. I think Egypt used to be a pluralistic society with cosmopolitan cities.

Last edited:

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Well said! I often wonder why we don't hear much about the occupation of Palestine...and why it seems to be acceptable for those interlopers to slaughter Palestinians....and their children. But God forbid ONE Jewish person getting hurt; then it's all over the news! They've stolen the Palestinians' land and treat them like foreigners/second-class citizens. In their own land. Why does the world turn a blind eye to these atrocities?
Israel is like an abused child who grows up to become an abuser, right down to tattooing prisoner numbers on Palestinian prisoners in the same font the Nazis used on Jewish prisoners. Although Jewish law states that proper recompense for injury or death is "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth', in one attack where Palestinians killed five Jews, the response was to kill 1100 Palestinians.

Meliza

Scooby
That sounds possible, all kinds of barbarisms happen in a war zone and ethnic conflict. The forced exile of Jews by Egypt was a tragedy too, the destruction of a ancient community because your in conflict with a neighbor and for what? to live in Palestine next to immigrants with a Brooklyn accent? the Europeans of 40s were fleeing prosecution but what is this person fleeing from in order to displace the native people? its a complete farce. A lot is made of Israel as a democracy, sure they do some things better then their neighbors but its not a replica of our constitution that separates church and state and most nation building wish to emulate. Israel has not only their religious extremists like we do but they are split down the middle between secular people and hardcore religious extremists who want to ban women from dancing and singing in public. I don't see how this will hold in the future, just like the endless migration of westerns into Israel signs the death warrant for the Palestinian people in the long run.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Israel is like an abused child who grows up to become an abuser, right down to tattooing prisoner numbers on Palestinian prisoners in the same font the Nazis used on Jewish prisoners. Although Jewish law states that proper recompense for injury or death is "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth', in one attack where Palestinians killed five Jews, the response was to kill 1100 Palestinians.
I really want the neighbouring Arab countries to drive out the intruders. All that talk of the Holocaust and how they suffered...but they turn around and do nearly the same thing to the REAL owners of that land. Its such a tragedy; and extraordinarily annoying that the US supports those heathens.

Meliza

Scooby
Diplomacy is important and very valuable, "This will never change" ends the conversation. The solution is the evolving conversation, the hope is for things to be better then they are, if you take a all or nothing attitude, be prepared and dont be surprised to end up with nothing, which is what happened to the religious right and gay marriage.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
. . . it's not simple. It's incredibly complicated. . .I've been at the State Department for 30 years and there is no right answer to these questions and diplomacy needs all the words it can get its hands on - Albie Duncan (West Wing)

Every once in a while, every once in a while, there's a day with an absolute right and an absolute wrong, but those days almost always include body counts. Other than that, there aren't very many un-nuanced moments in leading a country that's way too big for ten words. - Jed Bartlet (West Wing)

Taake

I can kill you with my brain
Staff member
Black Thorn
donald is vulgar and crude and inspires the same in others, that is unfortunate.
I can’t stand this argument when I see it because it exculpates people from their personal responsibility. She is still responsbile for how she chooses to express herself, regardless of how Donald Trump uses his words.

It just seems like a way to blame him when Dems mess up. They’re elected officials, ”but he said...” doesn’t cut it as an excuse if you ask me, and if they can’t help but sink to his level, what makes them better or more suited than him for office?

They should just own it like adults and not try to point fingers at Trump as if he is their puppet master.

This may have been a case of a Muslim woman, who would be considered subservient as part of her culture and religion, trying to be seen as more forthright. It seems to be a case of overcompensation for a cultural stereotype. The United States is still a wholly-owned subsidiary of Israel Inc. and a Palestinian would not like Trump, who moved the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
Personally I find this an odd excuse rounded out by something that to me smacks of a sneaking anti-Semitism continued in the thread. A Congress woman uses a profanity and suddenly Israel is to blame not to mention heathens? Appalling.

Bluebird
Bluebird
There's a difference between blaming Israel, as Jews, to blaming the policies of the Israeli government. I've been accused of anti semitism for expressing political opinions. Is no criticism allowed? Does that count for all religious states?
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
I've noticed that when people say ANYTHING negative about Israel they're immediately labelled "anti-Semitic." But the slaughter and mistreatment of Palestinian acceptable? Where is the moral outrage over THAT?

Meliza

Scooby
I can’t stand this argument / They should just own it like adults and not try to point fingers at Trump as if he is their puppet master.
Well, I think so too, I am in the fight fire with fire camp. However, Dems are at a disadvantage because the party is divided between fiscal conservative/social liberals (I think thats a neoliberal) and leftist economic positions.. there is no such division within the Republican party, which has become donald j trumps party, conservative "never trumpers" now say they will vote for him and if he pushes "centerists" into the democratic party thats only a disaster for the left of center dems. I think the DSA will run a candidate and not hold back on either the GOP or the establishment Democrats.

If the establishment Democrats hold the party hostage, our way or the highway, do you want Trump again? they will lose because people want to vote for something not just against something else. So be as nasty as you want to be just point in the right direction but its a bigger hill to scale because the anti trump "resistance" people dislike them just as much.

Last edited:

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
When you get a 'protest' congressman voted in against a divisive President then sometimes they aren't gonna end up with the best candidate (just look at some of the 'tea party' people that got in). Sometimes you're just gonna get an idiot who blurts stuff out. This is not surprising who anyone who doesn't worship at the alter of diversity.

Not surprised to see some rather blanket anti-Isreal statements that point to breath-taking ignorance about what has happened to them in the past 60 years or so.
When all your neighbors try and simultaneously try to wipe you off the face of the earth and you've been subjected to external and internal terrorism for decades then maybe you end up making some bad choices as well.
Still, they are not Israel = Nazi style choices. That comparison is completely invalid, so put it politely.

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
My mother love Jewish people, she even went to Jerusalem last year.

Meliza

Scooby
Maybe increasing polarization is not for the best, I think we do need people who put principles above party loyality, however the two party system as it currently functions might as well be a one party system for those of us on the left... change takes time I get that, you can't run a third party for the highest office and expect to win you need to vote them in at state level around the country before they have a chance.

I am the furthest thing from a expert on the middle east but I think those "surrounded by enemy" countries actually fight one another as well, otherwise its not the least bit strange their neighbors feel sympathy for their plight then it is that we in North America feel sympathy for terrorist attacks that occur in Europe.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I'm glad Trump is leading the way in what language we use to describe people. That's good. I dunno, there's MP's in my country that act like that, and they go to London and people think they're scum, but *shrugs* I grew up with it so I never see any problems with people's vocabulary, I'm more concerned with like, their actions and ethics. I don't know anything about her, other than she's apparently nasty.

Taake
Taake
"Is no criticism allowed?" Is that what I said? No. Did I say they couldn't post their opinions? No. Sounds like you're transferring from your experiences, understandable, but doesn't make these comments more palatable.
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
I'm sure that @Taake realises that different people have different opinions. However, I've also realised that she and I have VERY similar personalities. 😂

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
When all your neighbors try and simultaneously try to wipe you off the face of the earth and you've been subjected to external and internal terrorism for decades then maybe you end up making some bad choices as well.
Still, they are not Israel = Nazi style choices. That comparison is completely invalid, so put it politely.
They don't belong there. It's one thing to migrate to Palestine. It's quite another to steal it from the people who live there; which, by the way, would NEVER have happened without American and British support. In 1948 alone, over 700,000 Palestinians were driven from their homes, and never allowed back. How is that okay? I would really, really like to hear why this is acceptable to so many people.

DeepBlueJoy
DeepBlueJoy
A question i have asked a million times.
Top Bottom