• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Nasty women behaving nastily

Meliza

Scooby
Right, Britain and North America three countries in the alliance that did not enough, to very little in taking in refugee's should have then instead of helping "settle" a country that already had inhabitants opps

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Right, Britain and North America three countries in the alliance that did not enough, to very little in taking refugee's should have then.
Basically, they just felt guilty about what happened...you know, the Holocaust and stuff. So someone came up with the idea of giving them Palestine. You know, to make up for everything that happened to them. But oh dear!! There's already people living the there! Whatever shall we do?! Yeah, right. They did not CARE about the Palestinians. The powers that be allowed the Jewish intruders "immigrants" to move in and claim Palestine as their land. And the Palestinians? Moved into cramped, old buildings, and constantly policed. IN THEIR OWN LAND! But you rarely hear about this; you rarely hear about Palestinian children dying in the ghettos that the "Israelis" shoved them in. Or the "Israeli" police constantly patrolling the streets, terrorising everyone. Like the SS in Germany during the war. How ironic is that?! But if ONE Jewish person dies, the world is outraged, and the Palestinian neighbourhoods get bombed...by the very people occupying Palestine. More children die. More crimes against humanity. Murder. But hey! Nobody cares about that, right?! As long as "Israel" is happy and safe, right? We'll just pretend that there's no genocide happening in Palestine. Everything is just peachy, right? How the HELL is this okay?! Somebody, anybody, please explain to me why this is allowed to happen? Why isn't the world outraged about this?! Or is it "anti-Semitic" to be disgusted about the genocide of the Palestinians? Honestly, this is one of the worst atrocities the world has ever seen. May God forgive them.

Last edited:

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Many problems stem from the politicians who have power at the time, groups of people might be against what is happening but unless they have great influence at the time then their voices won't get heard.
There are many groups who are against the atrocities but if the news programs don't report them we think everyone is in favour of them. But you've got to laugh at the stupidity of it all.
The last person wrote: Honestly, this is one of the worst atrocities the world has ever seen. May God forgive them. From what I remember of the bible (and that isn't much) God sits in judgement on all people, if they have done bad he sends them to hell. Now to my understanding that is not a case of God forgiving them, and he is right not to forgive them.

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
Lol, moral outrage from the "landmines, landmines everywhere along the border!" advocate. It's cute. From what I've heard Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib agrees. You sound almost like #44 too, which is kind of funny to me.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into this, because that's not what this thread is about. It's about the language a congress woman chose to use, this odd sidebar is something you can take up in another thread if you so wish.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
How to stop landmines being effective, a border hopper stands on it, and hey, no more landmine. Maybe if the man who stepped on the landmine was a .. .. .. ..

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
They don't belong there. It's one thing to migrate to Palestine.
Of course the Jews belong there. It is their ancestral home.

It's quite another to steal it from the people who live there; which, by the way, would NEVER have happened without American and British support.
They didn't steal, they were given land by the International community. You wanna blame post-war allies then go ahead, but the creation of Israel was internationally endorsed.

In 1948 alone, over 700,000 Palestinians were driven from their homes
The Palestinians never wanted Jews coming to their land and they made that plane waaaaayyy back in the late '30's- before WW2- and did lots of despicable things to try and make sure it never happened. You wanna know about the relationship between Palestinian leaders and Nazi Germany? It's really interesting.

And of course from '45 to 47 the Palestinians committed many acts of violence towards Jewish settlements. Did the Jews overreact? Of course they did, but these things don't ever happen in a vacuum, its not as simple as you claim.

The Palestinians have always been treated just as bad if not worse by the countries surrounding Israel btw- they kept them in camps for DECADES without letting them resettle within their borders.

NeonSlayer
NeonSlayer
I agree that it is their ancestral home. It's in their historical accounts passed down about 4,600 years before Islam was formed.

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Ok, it's already been said this is going way off topic, so if people want to start a thread to discuss Palestine, feel free. This thread isn't for that.

Personally what she said is no way as nasty as grabbing women by the p..... but different people have different opinions, clearly,

thetopher

Sineya
Personally what she said is no way as nasty as grabbing women by the p..... but different people have different opinions, clearly,
But one thing was said in (relative) privacy and the other was shouted out in a government building with plenty of people around. They're both vulgar but one of them is very different in terms of expectation of the person saying it.

I always assume all politicians say nasty unpolitical things in private, just like normal people.

NeonSlayer
NeonSlayer
Yeah but the thing he said involved admitting he kisses women without consent and that he could grab their genitals if he wants since he's as a powerful wealthy man he's untouchable.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Lol, moral outrage from the "landmines, landmines everywhere along the border!" advocate. It's cute. From what I've heard Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib agrees. You sound almost like #44 too, which is kind of funny to me.
Darling. What's even cuter is watching a senior staff member lose her cool over opinions that differ from hers. If a regular member had accused others of anti-Semitism, normally you'd jump in and tell them not to make sweeping statements. It's about the argument, not the person. But we're all human, right? I suppose we're all entitled to an occasional blow up, staff included.

And obviously, my remarks about landmines were just dark humour. I thought you, of all people, understood that. But hey, no biggie. This has been rather interesting, in fact. 😛

Taake
Taake
And the arguments were the problem, not the people making them.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
But one thing was said in (relative) privacy and the other was shouted out in a government building with plenty of people around.
Exactly. I can't recall ever hearing vulgarities from Trump. Of course I never much listened to him until he started to campaign, but still... can't recall it ever happening.

brinkster130
brinkster130
Didn't he call Ted a pussy on stage at a rally?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
What the woman said was a swear word, inferring that a male person has made love to a mother is not vulgar.
What Trump said to that woman reporter about her period was vulgar.

NeonSlayer

Potential
Trump joked that his followers should shoot Hillary to death but a female politician can't call him a mother effer? I mean, daughter effer would've probably been more accurate. Trump has said if Ivanka wasn't his daughter he'd want her to be his girlfriend and after being spanked with a magazine he was on the cover of he told the spanker that she reminds him of his daughter (even if she says she doesn't think he meant it in a sexual way).

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
brinkster130
brinkster130
Googled some more... no he didn't, someone yelled it at a quiet moment so everyone could hear. He later told another audience they could fill in the blank (yell it out) but he didn't actually say the word.

Meliza

Scooby
Of course the Jews belong there. It is their ancestral home.
What a odd thought process, belong there like the African diaspora including African Americans belong in Africa? and for that matter, have a right to occupy one of their small countries?

"The Palestinians never wanted Jews coming to their land"

How is this strange, nobody wants their homeland occupied without their consent by a foreign alliance. And there were Jewish Palestinians. Middle Eastern Jews exist in various countries.

"The Palestinians have always been treated just as bad if not worse by the countries surrounding Israel btw- they kept them in camps for DECADES without letting them resettle within their borders."

Right, its cosmopolitanism, taking in refugee foreigners and forgiveness as versus nationalism. that is universal. So much for the "We are a small country surrounded by enemies" there is no such coalition, no such middle eastern anti semitic conspiracy, these countries conflict with each other just as much but a emotional alliance with Palestine is not strange, its the exact same vein as when we grief and sympathize with Europeans slaughtered in terrorist attacks.

Last edited:
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Meliza, two staff members have said not to go off topic and with that topic, if you are going to keep pushing it, expect the worst.

thetopher

Sineya
What a odd thought process,
It's no odder than somebody stating that a certain group of people don't 'belong' in a place at all. It's the same thought process that Native American activists use and are supported for doing so.
So no, not really that odd.

How is this strange, nobody wants their homeland occupied without their consent by a foreign alliance.
Using violence to enforce you're objects is wrong though, and the Palestinians never really tried to live in peace with their Jewish counterparts.

Right, its cosmopolitanism, taking in refugee foreigners and forgiveness as versus nationalism. that is universal. So much for the "We are a small country surrounded by enemies"
Obviously there are degrees of dislike, but the fact that all these countries warred on Israel SIMULTANEOUSLY is historical fact. So yes, surrounded by enemies is apt. Many of these countries have promised genocide on the country of Israel.

@NeonSlayer : In a country that has had John F Kennedy and Bill Clinton in the White House Trump's words are pretty tame compared to their actions.
And I hardly take everything that comes out of his mouth as gospel; he lies and exaggerates and is crude and thoughtless. Yet his critics act like this particular statement is pure truth.

W

WillowFromBuffy

It is a free world. If she wants to call Trump a motherhugger, then that is her prerogative. Calling her a nasty woman, with all its current and older connotation, was not a nice thing to do either, but you chose to do it. I'd say you both have the right.
I can’t stand this argument when I see it because it exculpates people from their personal responsibility. She is still responsbile for how she chooses to express herself, regardless of how Donald Trump uses his words.
Then how do we judge nastiness? If she is not nastier than the leader of the Free World and the the City Upon the Hill, then what other less obvious standard is she failing to meet? .... apart from the Buffy-Boards rules, I mean?

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
It is a free world. If she wants to call Trump a motherhugger, then that is her prerogative. Calling her a nasty woman, with all its current and older connotation, was not a nice thing to do either, but you chose to do it. I'd say you both have the right.

Then how do we judge nastiness? If she is not nastier than the leader of the Free World and the the City Upon the Hill, then what other less obvious standard is she failing to meet? .... apart from the Buffy-Boards rules, I mean?
I’m not even sure what you are on about, besides squeezing in a nice snide remark at the end?

I think she is free to use the word, however I still think she is responsible for her choices in doing so, regardless of whose example she’s following.

Was she right to use the word? I would say no because a lot of Democrats were outraged at his language in 2016 and forth. So saying a) look at his language, he’s unfit for Office, but then following it up with b) now we’re doing it because he did, but we’re still fit for Office, vote for us... to me, makes them look hypocritical and I don’t think they should stoop that low because I don’t think they’ll gain much from it.

They’re still free to be as Nasty as they want, but the ”he did it first” is an argument I dislike because it is a step away from personal responsibility. I won’t stop you from following any standard of nastiness you so wish to follow.

W

WillowFromBuffy

My point that it is impossible to avoid comparison, unless you think of the quality of being nasty as an absolute, and you think people who use expletives during political speeches are nasty and those who don't are pleasant.

Whether you're comparing Rashida Tlaib favourably to Trump or disfavouably to a lot of Democrats in 2016, you're still comparing.

Personal responsibility is all well and good, but none of us are Rashida Tlaib. If we are to judge her, it must be according to some standard. I think it makes sense to compare her to her peers, whoever they may be.

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
My point that it is impossible to avoid comparison, unless you think of the quality of being nasty as an absolute, and you think people who use expletives during political speeches are nasty and those who don't are pleasant.
I do, which is why I think both Republicans and Democrats should adhere to the "when they go low, we go high" strategy when faced with inflammatory rhetoric, which is a better long-term strategy to me. It is easy to fall low, I didn't take my own advice in this thread e.g., which is why I prefer to have politicians who at least try to set a better example, rather than roll in the muck with those who don't.

But I also don't mind comparisons or absolutes and I don't subscribe to the idea that "you have to be Rashida Tlaib/her specific yet unknown peer to judge her", that's your worldview.

Top Bottom