• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Nasty women behaving nastily

W

WillowFromBuffy

But I also don't mind comparisons or absolutes and I don't subscribe to the idea that "you have to be Rashida Tlaib/her specific yet unknown peer to judge her", that's your worldview.
That really is not what I said. I said that Donald Trump (or anyone else who could be seen as Tlaib's peer) is just as valid a point of reference for judging Rashida Tlaib as Taake's-ethics-of-personal-responsibility-for-other-people is.

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
That really is not what I said. I said that Donald Trump (or anyone else who could be seen as Tlaib's peer) is just as valid a point of reference for judging Rashida Tlaib as Taake's-ethics-of-personal-responsibility-for-other-people is.
Well, you didn't specify whom you considered her peers at all, just vaguely pointed that someone might be her peer and that it makes sense to compare her to them

Personal responsibility is all well and good, but none of us are Rashida Tlaib. If we are to judge her, it must be according to some standard. I think it makes sense to compare her to her peers, whoever they may be.
And nowhere did I state that you had to subscribe to

Taake's-ethics-of-personal-responsibility-for-other-people is.
Meliza said "that donald is vulgar and crude and inspires the same in others, that is unfortunate.", I said that I think blaming your behavior on someone else by claiming you were just inspired by them/copied them/ fought fire with fire shows a lack of personal responsibility. I didn't say that this is the one standard of ethics everyone must abide by. But I'm not sure why I'm arguing, I feel like this is more about you disliking me than about any point made in this thread.

W

WillowFromBuffy

I feel like this is more about you disliking me than about any point made in this thread.
I wouldn't go as far as that, but we obviously see things very differently and have trouble making ourselves understood to each other. I guess it's a good thing we're not politicians.

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
Off topic a bit
Nasty women behaving nastily
I seriously thought this was going to be about something completely different LOL
Soz
---

@Spanky Yeah but you are recently evil so...
Fair comment haha

Spanky
Spanky
Yeah but you are recently evil so...
Octavia
Octavia
*spanks nix with the spank plank*
Top Bottom