• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Nevers update

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Whedon has been writing the scripts for the first season, has a staff on board and will begin filming in London "sometime" in the summer. Casey Bloys, HBO's programming chief said of it: “It’s really exciting, I think he’s excited to be back in the television space… it’s a really cool, different show.”

The Nevers is being called a science fiction drama about "a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies, and are on a mission that might change the world." Whedon will be the writer, showrunner, director and executive producer on the show.

If this was happening prior to AT&T buying HBO I would be really excited, as it stands now, with their new mandate, I am curious.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Thanks for the update! I am glad to hear it is still going ahead. I know nothing of the network stuff but I hope Joss can go in the direction he wants without too many restrictions.

B
Btvs fan
Well the Wonder Woman script shows he does need a few

Echo126

Townie
I hadn't heard of this! Im a horrible fan lol.

So far hbo hasnt been too restrictive with what they have on their shows. But I'm really curious to see how this will play out. If anyone can make it work, its Joss. :)

Thank you for posting this. I will now go into research mode!

W

WillowFromBuffy

This is either going to be the greatest come-back the world has ever seen ... or a major catastrophe that will cement the new revisionist idea of Whedon as an overrated talentless hack. There's no room for middle ground here, seriously.

Espenson is on the team, which gives me hope.

white avenger

white avenger
Sounds sort of like a "League of Extraordinary Ladies" to me. I wish Joss luck and hope that this will get him out of his post Jutice League slump.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
If he does just use the same formula as his other shows he will have a fan in me. I enjoy that pattern and wouldn't mind watching it play out again with new characters (opposed to rebooting old characters). I think a few of his ideas have not yet been properly explored, despite recycling them.

Is the cast list available yet? Or any fan posters? Don't confuse me with summer/winter @brinkster130 you'll get me all excited in the wrong seasons!

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn

Btvs fan

Potential
This is either going to be the greatest come-back the world has ever seen ... or a major catastrophe that will cement the new revisionist idea of Whedon as an overrated talentless hack. There's no room for middle ground here, seriously.

Espenson is on the team, which gives me hope.
As Jose Mourinho shows you can be both.
For the Americans on this board who will have no idea who Jose is, he's a Football (soccer) Manager who at one time in the Early 00's was the greatest manager of the time. He was constantly winning Trophies and even called himself The Special One.
But then his tactics got outdated. He never changed and opposing teams worked out how to beat him. His last team was Man United where everyone from the Players to the fans were glad to see the back of him.

The question is, will Joss be the same ? His reputation for Buffy was great for the late 90's early 00's but will it still work 20 years later. I tried to get into Dollhouse but just couldn't.

Gotta say on rewatch some quips/puritan like sex views and plot hole short hand routines that Joss did on Buffy don't hold up as well as they might

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
The star of Nevers, according to Deadline, is Laura Donnelly, who some of you **cough** Buffy **cough** might recognize from Outlander.

From Deadline:
Co-written by Whedon and Buffy alums Jane Espenson and Doug Petrie and directed by Whedon, The Nevers is an epic science fiction drama about a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies, and a mission that might change the world.

UK actress Donnelly will play Amalia True, the most reckless, impulsive, emotionally damaged hero of her time. A menace to stuffy Victorian society, she would die for the cause and kill for a drink.

“Laura Donnelly has charisma, wisdom and an anarchic precision that not only captures Amalia but defines her,” said Whedon. “She’s fierce and she’s funny – and I need both for the journey ahead.”

Also, as an aside, I realized driving home from work the other day what Nevers is... it's that damn Twixt comic he was talking about writing (or some version of it) It has to be. That made me a little more excited.

Top Bottom