• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question New BB book club book options

Which book do you want to read?

• Tales of the Slayer, Vol 2. (This is the short story collection)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Wicked Willow 1 (This is a trilogy)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Sweet sixteen by Scott Ciencin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obsidian Fate by Diana G. Gallagher

• Out of the Madhouse by C. Golden and N. Holder (Part 1 of Gatekeeper trilogy)

• Paleo by Yvonne Navarro

• The Lost Slayer series by Christopher Golden

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Hi all,

I am going to run the next round of the BB bookclub. I have a few books at home and would like to hear what you guys would like to read.

The plan is for now to read about 30 pages each week, but I also have a book of short stories so then we would read a short story per week.

I personally think it would be great to read the Tales of the Slayer, Vol 2, because it features stories written by pretty well know Buffy writers, such as Jane Espenson, Scot Allie and Todd A. MacIntosh.

Let me know what you guys think! If you have any suggestions or requests feel free to let me know :)

Sineya
Got all of the books you listed...... but the 'Tales of the Slayers' series are the only ones I haven't read before....so I would be game to join in if you go for that one....

Although the Gatekeeper and Wicked Willow trilogies are rather good!

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Got all of the books you listed...... but the 'Tales of the Slayers' series are the only ones I haven't read before....so I would be game to join in if you go for that one....

Although the Gatekeeper and Wicked Willow trilogies are rather good!
I read one short story from the tales of the slayer and really enjoyed it. Haven't read the Wicked Willow or Gatekeeper Trilogies!

Taake

Bella
Staff member
Black Thorn
It's a shame I got rid of the Tales of the Slayers a few years ago, I do recall that they were pretty good! I had like four of them. :)

matt124

Potential
The Lost Slayer series only because it has been brought up on here by some members and I love it. I would vote for the gatekeepers second.

Sineya
The Gatekeeper only works if everyone has all three books, it's all one story spread across three books. Whereas the Tales of the Slayers is, I believe, four separate
books of short stories about previous Slayers, so there is no need to have all the books to be able to enjoy them.

zombiegurl

Love me some Buffy!
Okay, I'm not sure if I have that book. Who is the author of "The Tales of the Slayers"?

BTW, I think it is pretty awesome that 20 years later, and the show is still loved by fans. :)

Foxy
Foxy
What the last watcher said!
Sineya
It's a collection of short stories by multiple authors.......In the UK it's published by 'Pocket Books' if that's any help?

There are also 4 books in the series (All called 'Tales of the Slayer) helpfully numbered Vol1 - 4

We are reading Vol-2......

Not only is it still loved by the original fans a whole new generation of people are discovering the Slayer :)

Foxy
Foxy
:)
Top Bottom