• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

New Boom Buffy and Angel books announced for 2022!

Angel6

Potential
Sineya

Now these do look interesting! The Buffy one is a post apocalyptic series focusing on a 50 year old Buffy.

The Angel series is an 8 part mini series focusing on Angel in LA and sounds like a really different fun take.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Cohen

Hellhound

Now these do look interesting! The Buffy one is a post apocalyptic series focusing on a 50 year old Buffy.

The Angel series is an 8 part mini series focusing on Angel in LA and sounds like a really different fun take.
Post automatically merged:

I'm wondering why the art has each of the scoobies looking like they are in their 70s. All white hair. My parents did not have all white hair in their 50s, and they didn't even dye their hair then.

thrasherpix

Scooby
A lot of it depends on genetics and lifestyle. If there's radiation, she's lucky to have hair at all.

And stress really can make someone go prematurely grey (and it's fascinating to me to see what the President of the United States looks like going in, and how they look coming out, typically with A LOT more grey in their hair). I can only imagine what so much stressful contact with the supernatural would do to someone (especially given how fast it turns Willow's hair another color).

That aside, going by the pic, I'd have imagined they were going for a towheaded or platinum blonde look on someone younger.

Cohen

Hellhound
A lot of it depends on genetics and lifestyle. If there's radiation, she's lucky to have hair at all.

And stress really can make someone go prematurely grey (and it's fascinating to me to see what the President of the United States looks like going in, and how they look coming out, typically with A LOT more grey in their hair). I can only imagine what so much stressful contact with the supernatural would do to someone (especially given how fast it turns Willow's hair another color).

That aside, going by the pic, I'd have imagined they were going for a towheaded or platinum blonde look on someone younger.
It just seems to me that the artist was like "Old Buffy? Let's go geriatric!" and that's not how I would envision Sarah 10 years from now. Or Aly. Nicky is a different story.

T
thrasherpix
Very possible. Having seen what many claim is "realistic" from the artist's own mouth made me think they've never been out of the basement and thus use Hollywood standards than realistic ones.

Angel6

Potential
Sineya
It just seems to me that the artist was like "Old Buffy? Let's go geriatric!" and that's not how I would envision Sarah 10 years from now. Or Aly. Nicky is a different story.
I think both these books look great and this is exactly the kind of stuff I’m interested in seeing from Boom! If they can do short, well crafted and plotted out limited series with top class talent they have at their disposal rather than an ongoing where the quality dips (becuase it’s not one of their best selling books, so they pull their top talent from it) then that is perfect for me. I’d rather have less but a really high quality stories.

GreyWalker1958

Potential
Given my "Old Man Harris" quip on the NB drug bust thread, I think I baited Boon Studios when they lurked on here and they blinked....

Top Bottom