• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

New Food Ideas

Hunga Munga

Potential
@TriBel Holy crap , you weren't kidding about the extra plates , 15 different options ! :eek: . That's crazy versatile . Been wanting a waffle iron for time ...but only to explore the savoury side that I see in the US telly . Munga wants chicken and waffles ! :p

Tried to do a vege mince noodle dish last week , but I didn't get the sauce right . Still edible though , got a couple of big dinners out of it. I do like using soya because I don't mind reheating it . Never fancy that with meat dishes .

TriBel

Scooby
I do like using soya because I don't mind reheating it . Never fancy that with meat dishes .
LOL! My freezer is full of Quorn - pieces, mince, nuggets, burgers - you name it and I've got it. It says on the side - do not reheat. I just roll my eyes and think "bring it on...mushroom". 😒
Meat...I'm respectful of but I'm not being dictated to by a combination of mould and fungi. I'm better than that. 😄

TriBel

Scooby
Is that any good? I only know one person that had one of their burgers and they said it was crap. I've yet to try any of them myself.
The pieces and the mince are fine for stir-fry or spicy sauce based meals etc but meat burgers are better. TBH, I "eat to live" rather than "live to eat" and someone who enjoyed food might say different.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
TBH, I "eat to live"
Maybe you wouldn't just eat to live if you refrained from eating shit all the time! Even a fly likes to consume something other than that once in a while.

Hunga Munga

Potential
Quorn is wicked . but it aint the only one . I have been to Indian restaurants that served pressed tofu that was indistinguishable from chicken , similar vibe with deep fried haloumi .

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I find Quorn a bit plain, but good if you're going to use it with something rather than on its own. However they do a chicken and bacon style lattice, that I can never find but enjoy when I can.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
Wicked good ;) That stuff looks delicious , don't think we have much highend tofu available here .

Hunga Munga

Potential
India was a real eye opener for me . You re going to places where meat has never been cooked in the restaurant , some places have never even cooked an egg :D . Carnivores are the outcasts . The street food scene is a vegetarian paradise .

Spanky
Spanky
You can eat it plain, but if you fry it, it can get really crunchy and flakey outside. Already pre-pressed and ready to go as is. If you can find it sometime, try it.

TriBel

Scooby
Maybe you wouldn't just eat to live if you refrained from eating shit all the time! Even a fly likes to consume something other than that once in a while.
Honestly, food's never interested me. I don't really get "hungry". If I'm wrapped up in something I could go a couple of days without food and not notice. I genuinely don't see the appeal. I've got friends who really like food and when we go for a meal they'll leave half of it because they don't like it. I just eat what's on my plate. I don't like food...but by the same token I don't dislike it.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
The Wensleydale with cranberries is good in the sandwich maker, having it this morning with some leftover sausages.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
India was a real eye opener for me . You re going to places where meat has never been cooked in the restaurant , some places have never even cooked an egg :D . Carnivores are the outcasts . The street food scene is a vegetarian paradise .
Am I the only one that doesn't like Indian food and would rather starve than eat Curry ?
Honestly, food's never interested me. I don't really get "hungry". If I'm wrapped up in something I could go a couple of days without food and not notice. I genuinely don't see the appeal.
Are you at a healthy weight ? not eating can lead to unhealthy weight in both directions since no food = metabolism slows down and the body holds on to it's existing energy reserves.

Top Bottom