• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

New Food Ideas

TriBel

Scooby
I've got Beluga Lentils and a tin of Jackfruit. What do I do with Beluga Lentils and Jackfruit? More importantly, why Beluga Lentils and Jackfruit?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I've got Beluga Lentils and a tin of Jackfruit. What do I do with Beluga Lentils and Jackfruit? More importantly, why Beluga Lentils and Jackfruit?
Do you have anything to marinate the jackfruit in?

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
You send the Jackfruit to me.

You keep the lentils for a nuclear crisis?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
One should not read Beluga because now one is craving some caviar. Like, bad. Like, really really bad.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
ooh yummy, fish eggs - pfft

TriBel

Scooby
You keep the lentils for a nuclear crisis?
I think crisis - of the Covid variety - is why I've got them...they're left over from the first lockdown. It was my "I'm cooler than you" antidote to folk hoarding toilet rolls...hipster hoarding (which also involved Rum 'n Raisin chocolate and Guinness crisps hidden in the bottom of the trolley). The latter have long gone...I didn't expect to live long enough to have to eat the former!

Bloody lentils and Jackfruit. 😡 I hate myself. 🥺

Do you have anything to marinate the jackfruit in?
Define marinade (she said defensively). Got ketchup (she said hopefully).

One should not read Beluga because now one is craving some caviar.
I'll send it to one if one gives me his address. One can pretend it's caviar. Looks like bloody frogspawn to me.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Define marinade (she said defensively). Got ketchup (she said hopefully).
Any BBQ sauce, that would work I'm sure! Don't know really, but I've had bbq jackfruit on pizza and that tasted good.

TriBel
TriBel
Define pizza. Will a cheese topped bun work?

Hunga Munga

Scooby
The British canned soup manufacturers were doing wonderful things with lentils . There was a spicy tomato and lentil soup, a straight lentil and a carrot , corriander and lentil number that were regular menu items at Munga Manor . Cheap too . Every damn one of them has gone missing in the pandemic :confused::( .

TriBel

Scooby
The British canned soup manufacturers were doing wonderful things with lentils . There was a spicy tomato and lentil soup, a straight lentil and a carrot , corriander and lentil number that were regular menu items at Munga Manor . Cheap too . Every damn one of them has gone missing in the pandemic :confused::( .
BECAUSE I HOARDED ALL THE DAMNED LENTILS! 🤬 🤣

Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
:D I bet all the other lentils are stuck in the Suez canal going mouldy .

TriBel

Scooby
So...in effect...it's jackfruit on a cheese and tomato sauce butty?

I'll never be able to hold my head up in Camden again. Might as well buy a whippet and vote for the Northern Independence Party. 🥺

@Taake you inspired me. I checked on whippets. £2000!...Each! Knock me over with a cloth cap. I thought they were working class dogs. Life's crap.

Taake
Taake
I know right! I saw some whippets here went for £4500, mental! Covid is supposedly driving up the prices
Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
But a whippet with a bad leg is still free . Dog theft has gone mental over here Taake during the pandemic :( .

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
So...in effect...it's jackfruit on a cheese and tomato sauce butty?
I've only had it when it's had flavour added to it, so eat it plain at your own risk! or you could just have the cheese and tomato on their own and give the tin away!

TriBel

Scooby
I've only had it when it's had flavour added to it, so eat it plain at your own risk! or you could just have the cheese and tomato on their own and give the tin away!
I've only had it in a ready meal. I found marinade...well, Chilli & Ginger; Peri-Peri and Hot Sauce. I'll throw it in the next stir fry in lieu of Quorn! Also found an absolutely enormous tin of olives - which I bought from Luna for the Spanish tin. It's never a problem eating olives. :)

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
It's never a problem eating olives. :)
Blurrggh olives, no thanks you enjoy them though, at least they have to be classed as a fruit right?

I probably should cook tonight, had Welsh cakes for dinner last night.

TriBel
TriBel
Yeah...I think so. I love olives!

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I've never heard of Blurrggh olives but I ain't never met an olive I didn't like so I bet they good too. Can you get them online?

nightshade
nightshade
probably! Gross things!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Someone else who thinks Popeye knew what's good!

Hunga Munga

Scooby
I hate Welsh cakes . You know you're in a tough country when the national dishes are a/ pan fried scones , b/meat stew and c/ cheese on toast :D . That's welsh cakes , cawl and Welsh rarebit in a nutshell . We so poor, meat soup was our holiday dish ! :D

TriBel
TriBel
And peppermint rock with Rhyl running through it!

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I hate Welsh cakes . You know you're in a tough country when the national dishes are a/ pan fried scones , b/meat stew and c/ cheese on toast :D . That's welsh cakes , cawl and Welsh rarebit in a nutshell . We so poor, meat soup was our holiday dish ! :D
You're forgetting the seaweed! But yeah never understood the love for welsh rarebit! Welshcakes however are the best! I used to make them, but don't have a griddle pan anymore.

Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
I like the lavabread , but we don't get it out here .

Hunga Munga

Scooby
You're forgetting the seaweed! But yeah never understood the love for welsh rarebit! Welshcakes however are the best! I used to make them, but don't have a griddle pan anymore.
I love stovetop breads . Before I had food delivery , I did a whole suite of stovetop breads etc , bannocks , chappattis ,allsorts . I even had a George Foreman grill bread in my repertoire . Handy skill if you only see a shop once a month . But I'd hate to think this is what I'll be remembered for , my George Foreman dinner bread :D .

That's what bugs me about our Welsh dishes . They're all born out of basic need rather than culinary excellence . They didn't have an oven more than once a week , if they were lucky . They had to sell the good parts of the animals to buy shoes , so neck soup for everyone ! :D

I live deep in Cawl and Welsh Cake country . I don't shop on St Davids day anymore to avoid random freebies. More than once I've been accosted by a bowl of stew in the street .

TriBel
TriBel
I've got a breadmaker - it's still in its box. It's bigger than my damned kitchen!
Top Bottom