• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spoiler! New relationships.

DagonSphere

Potential
I'd have to agree with you, as much as I hate the notion of a character being there just to fill someone's black quota. For example, Johnny Storm in the newest FF remake. There was no point making him black, period.
Well, Gunn did fill the quota on Angel for many many years and was still a great character. It depends also a lot on what they do with it. With Buffy, as long as they're sticking to the original characters and their likeness, there won't be much space for more diversity. So it's nice that they're at least trying to change it up there for 2019 by including Wood in the high school years. And so far we don't know if Robin will be the only POC. They might fill out the world later, with some new characters, as they go along.

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
They might fill out the world later, with some new characters, as they go along.
I really hope they do, I'm fine with the set up in general, but it would be interesting to see some novel creations at least.

Personally I feel rather warmly towards these potential new relationships, it'll be interesting to see where they go from here and I'm glad they're exploring some new romantic routes, seemingly at least. Also, Buffy's awkward blush and smile is refreshing. It's been so long since we were in high school with Buffy, and seeing her crush on a boy is adorable.

ifeveristoday

Townie
Diversity for the sake of diversity does a disservice to the character and the readers who were hoping for representation - it's a story set in Southern California, it makes no sense for every character (especially the main characters) to be white. I hope they take care to give Robin a backstory and personality so he's a fully fledged character and not canon fodder. I also want Kendra to show up because if we want to talk about the shameful way she was disposed of in the original story....I'm here all day.

Top Bottom