• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

New to Photoshop - Honest opinions, tips, hints wanted :)

Enemies

*insert user title here*
Sineya
Hi everyone. I am starting on photoshop again and would like to show you my first blend. Its not fantastic but it's a work in progress. I've started this thread for people kind enough to suggest tips and tricks towards getting a more polished end product. If you have any I would be grateful. Please be honest even if you think it may upset me (I can take it). So here it is....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/Lady_Linzi/firstblend.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C
Carrrrgh
I SEE IT NOW!!!!
i see it now, and i like it.

errrm i dont really think you need to change it lol its really good! but one thing that pops out to me is the picture qualities are not the same and the brightness of the pictures are different also. not really a big deal and its not that noticeable but theres one piece of advice :D

The blending is pretty good. It's a little bumpy in places, but not too noticeable. And like Carr said, try to find photos that are close to the same quality, or change the lighting to make them look similar. It's not a big deal, just makes it look a little more uniform.

Enemies

*insert user title here*
Sineya
Thanks for the feedback. Do you know how I change the lighting for it to look more uniform? What tool?

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
Try finding some tutorials on using the Curves tool for help with the lighting issue... I've found it can fix a lot of issues!

Enemies

*insert user title here*
Sineya
Ive experimented with the curves tool but more to the overall finish perhaps i should try it by layer

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
Ive experimented with the curves tool but more to the overall finish perhaps i should try it by layer
Yes, definitely. I reccomend not flattening/merging the layers until you're satisfied that all the pictures look the same as far as lighting/quality.

Top Bottom