• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

New to the board.

Hi, my name is Alice, I would like to introduce myself, I have been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer since I was 10, seven years after the last episode, I am now 22 (when this post is written) I was introduced to the series through Charmed even though they never had a crossover episode, I knew that Shannen Doherty and Sarah Michelle Gellar were friends so while I was watching Charmed I decided to start watching Buffy and instantly fell in love with it.

LemonBanana

Glorious Purpose
Sineya
Hey welcome to the boards! Your going to love it here, everyone is so nice and there is always something to do, so welcome to the BB family!

Kratos

Scooby
Welcome. I’m 34 and from Ireland. Out for a walk bitch is one of my favourite BtVS quotes too. And Jennifer’s Body is one of my fav movies also.

I used to like watching Charmed every now and then on tv3 Ireland and later on Sky Living and E4. First episode I saw was the S4 one Enter the Demon. It’s not the show I’d ever want to rewatch, though. Just seeing a few clips of the series on YouTube recently was enough for me.

AliceTheVampire
AliceTheVampire
I loved James' delivery of that line. Even though I love Charmed, I have to agree with you, the series kinda went downhill and as an adult I can't not see it.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the forum! I think you will find that Buffy does not have the same limitations as Charmed, where the three girls run into a baddie, they go up to the attic, open the grimoire and cast a spell that fixes everything. Buffy is a lot more free-wheeling in terms of episode content and season-long arcs. I think you will find there is a reason this board is growing in membership - for a fan forum, it is quite civil (and I have been on ones that were not) and the level of conversation is quite intelligent. I continue to be impressed by the thorough reading that the new members are giving as evidenced by "likes" for things posted years ago. Don't be afraid to jump into the conversation - your status as a newb is not important and your ideas are considered just as valid as those

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Many greets from here, I to watched Charmed though I laughed such a lot at the show.
Hope you have here.

Mott1

Townie
Hi everyone. I'm Mott, a British-based new member. I watched Buffy from series 4 at the time, thinking it was a farcical, silly show that was funny in a way no other show was, but I then find out about how college/high school focused the first seasons were and how dark the final 3 seasons were, very different to season 4. My favourite characters were Willow, Tara and (tho he certainly wasn't initially) Spike, while curiously my favourite villains were The Trio, partly because they were such apparently feeble guys who grew more powerful and threatening out of their inferiority.

I'm also one of those guys who enjoyed Buffy from beginning to end even tho there are some aspects of the show (notably bits of season 6) I feel could have been handled differently. Meanwhile I enjoyed much of Angel too (tho season 4 has major issues) and I also have all of Dollhouse, which I have mixed feelings about. I also feel Buffy influenced me in focusing on characters in my writing rather than plots. As well as Buffy I've enjoyed some of Charmed, Fringe, 3rd Rock From The Sun, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, old sitcoms and much more!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Hi Mott. Welcome to the forum! It is interesting to see a lot of new members here and this place is quite civil and intelligent for a fan forum. There are a lot of interesting ideas floating around here that may change your mind about some things and there is no need to defer to us old crocs - your opinion is just as valid as those of us old crocs and board lifers.

Kratos

Scooby
Welcome Mott1. I enjoyed most of Angel too, though I agree about S4. I really like Dollhouse, though not as much as BtVS or AtS.

I’ve also enjoyed old sitcoms along with other tv shows such as Seinfeld, Fraiser, TMNT 2003 and The Fugitive (1960s series). Started to get into Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, Sonic Boom and the new Ducktales last year.

Top Bottom