• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Nicholas Brendon Charged with Domestic Violence

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Actor Nicholas Brendon, best known for his work on TV's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," was charged with one felony count of domestic violence Monday stemming from an alleged attack on his girlfriend at a Palm Springs hotel.

Brendon, 48, was with his girlfriend in the bar of a hotel in the 180 block of East Palm Canyon Drive on Oct. 17, 2017, when the pair got into an argument and he allegedly pulled her arm and "violently" pulled her by her hair, Palm Springs police Sgt. William Hutchinson said.

On Monday, Brendon was charged with one felony count of corporal injury to a spouse stemming from the alleged attack, according to Riverside County District Attorney's Office spokesman John Hall. If convicted, Brendon could face up to four years in prison.

Full Article @ Patch

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Sad for all involved :( The guy was obviously unwell at the time and my sympathy for him (and all involved) has grown.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Didn’t this already happen? Has it happened again?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Here's what TMZ said on the matter.

According to court docs filed by the Riverside County District Attorney's Office, Brendon is facing one count of felony corporal injury to a spouse -- which is punishable by up to 4 years in state prison if convicted.

It's interesting ... the DA also filed a notice letting the judge know they're planning on laying out other evidence showing alleged past acts of DV. Prosecutors have also made it clear they're coming for Brendon even if the alleged victim isn't available at trial.

I think it's wrong that they're charging him now for the incident. Either they should've charged him at the time if it was that serious or they shouldn't be raking it back up again now.

Name the Stars
Name the Stars
The charge is from the event because it took awhile for him to be tried in court. This is the verdict. The case has been going on for a long time.
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Its the dreaded #MeToo rearing its political head. Again. What a load of bullshit.

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
This attack was from 2017? Wow, the trial took a long time.
Also, to clear things up, actually charging people for crimes takes a long time. Trials can take a while, and you have to wait to get one. This isn't like an immediate thing, the legal system is just slow. So yes, legally this is fair and normal. He was arrested for it years ago, but only now does he have a verdict because the trial must have finished

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
This attack was from 2017? Wow, the trial took a long time
Being charged has to come before being tried at court. Trials do normally take a long time to get going but the charge is there and it's a case of waiting for a court date. Depending on the seriousness of the crime, a person once charged, will either be remanded in police custody or be released on bail pending trial. They don't wait a year and a half to charge a person. If NB was already charged and this is the court date coming up, then that is not how it is being reported. It makes it sound like he's only being charged now for the incident when he should've been charged at the time if it was that serious.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
They don't wait a year and a half to charge a person.
They could have. If the person injured was not willing to press charges and then later decided to do so. I believe the statute of limitation is three years.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
They could have. If the person injured was not willing to press charges and then later decided to do so. I believe the statute of limitation is three years.
If that is the case, then what caused the change of mind for the girlfriend? Why didn't she press charges at the time? Why wait a year and a half to do so?

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
I don't know, but what is happening is perfectly legal I think

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
If that is the case, then what caused the change of mind for the girlfriend? Why didn't she press charges at the time? Why wait a year and a half to do so?
I think that's common for a lot of women. It's do to society and how they we be viewed. That's the whole purpose of the #MeToo movement. So the idea she waited a year and a half doesn't seem odd at all.

Ceadsearc03

Potential
It’s also possible (I can’t tell from the reporting) that she was not cooperating but they decided to go forward without her and/or have been building a case without her.

There hasn’t been a trial or verdict yet - at least, not according to what’s being reported.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
I have so much love for Nick for the way he played Xander that it's hard not to feel sorry for him, and I still think I do. I believe he put a lot of himself into the role, which makes it tragic that Nick would turn out to be the thing that Xander feared he'd become, and which he was dangerously close to becoming in the comics written by Nick.

I hope he goes to jail. not because I am big into jailtime-as-revenge, but because he needs to stop. There's no reason to think that the hugs he's asking him for will keeping from strangling strangers or terrorising his girlfriend. There's trauma abound, so whatever you do, don't spread your damage.

I'd probably give him a hug if I ever met him, because he'll always be Xander to me, but I think it would be best if he got locked up for a little while.

Top Bottom