• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Nicholas Brendon Trial Starts Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
If Nick had withdrawn from public life, then I would agree with Bluebird, but considering the high level of engagement that Nick has with fandom, I think these incidents of violence are valid public interest.
It's not in my interests, but the mob always needs someone in the stocks to lob rotten fruit at. I don't see the engagement he has with his fans, but that's more my issue since I don't follow so many on social media and he's not exactly a public figure outside his own social media, right?

I hope you get what you need from it though. If he's guilty he deserves the punishment but I personally don't need the details

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
It's not in my interests, but the mob always needs someone in the stocks to lob rotten fruit at. I don't see the engagement he has with his fans, but that's more my issue since I don't follow so many on social media and he's not exactly a public figure outside his own social media, right?

I hope you get what you need from it though. If he's guilty he deserves the punishment but I personally don't need the details
Most people who rob and strangle women or beat up their girlfriend don't have hordes of fans to give them hugs, come to their karaoke nights or pay to hear them read out fanfiction. I don't see a mob with rotten fruit. I see a lot of people who wish we would straighten himself out and stop breaking our hearts.

I think it is good to just get this over with. I want to know what he has done, so I don't have to imagine it being worse. Nick and Xander mean a lot to me. It is not a true crime fetish.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
Most people who rob and strangle women or beat up their girlfriend don't have hordes of fans to give them hugs, come to their karaoke nights or pay to hear them read out fanfiction. I don't see a mob with rotten fruit. I see a lot of people who wish we would straighten himself out and stop breaking our hearts.

I think it is good to just get this over with. I want to know what he has done, so I don't have to imagine it being worse. Nick and Xander mean a lot to me. It is not a true crime fetish.
I like your sentiments but I just don't believe everyone who wants to know the details are seeing from your perspective. I think there's some schadenfreude involved for some, especially considering how obsessed some fans are over hating Xander and blur the lines between actor and character.

Priceless

Scooby
I like your sentiments but I just don't believe everyone who wants to know the details are seeing from your perspective. I think there's some schadenfreude involved for some, especially considering how obsessed some fans are over hating Xander and blur the lines between actor and character.
Maybe I'm naive but I think most people understand the difference between an actor and the role he plays.

Bluebird
Bluebird
yeah some is different from most
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
There are countless thousands who think his role was real life.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
I haven't really seen that. There are many people who hate Xander, but I doubt that many people get a kick of knocking Nick off his horse, because he never really seemed to be riding that high. Nick has this kinda pitiable quality to him. I don't think he inspires jealousy in people.

The Bronze
The Bronze
We had a poster here who hated Xander and got a kick out of conflating him and Nic. Odd guy, got banned.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
Oh I know I'm in the minority, for sure, and it's not unexpected that folk want to know the ins and outs. We're on a Buffy site nearly 20 years after it's ended after all. 😂

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Good point.

Mr Trick

Scooby
This isn't really about feeling sorry for Nic. Its more to do with whether its in good taste or serves any purpose for the public to have beat by beat account of his court case. I don't think it does. Its not like it'll make one bit of difference to the outcome. To me its just a depressing story the way his life has gone the last few years. If he is found guilty its just best for everyone if he serves his time and moves on with his life.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I'd assume that if the information is allowed to be released to the public that it's not inappropriate to want to know. I'm just curious because these allegations have been around for ages.

Priceless

Scooby
I feel sorry for Nick Brendon and for those he's hurt. I'd like to know how the trial goes. If there is someone on this forum that is going to be in court during the trial, I'd like to hear what they have to say. I'd feel like I missed out on a resource if I didn't 😁

In all honesty, if there is anyone on this forum due in court for any reason, I'd like to hear about it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom