• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

No love for Lorne?

Rainbowimagine

RainSun
I was thinking the other day about how unfair it seemed that Lorne never had a real relationship in the series.
I could picture him with a beautiful, kind softhearted lady.
It would be so cute to see Lorne fall in love
Anyone wanna do a story on it?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Sadly, I think it added to the tragedy of Lorne's character that he was alone, especially when we see him in Season 5.

:)

B
BillyidolwannaB
Yeah, i always feel sorry for Lorne in s5, especially not fade away, feeling he has to leave, kinda summed up how he felt that season.
Like Joan says, i think he's probably asexual, but its easy to assume he's gay. But they'd have to introduce a new character, another demon, for him.
In fact, they should've put Lorne and Groo together.

S
Summerlilly
ha ha! oh god no!

Summerlilly

Covert Superhero
I love Lorne! Yes, it would have been nice to see him fall in love. I got the impression he was probably bi, but it was never actually said. I mean, he at least was like a "metro demon" or something. LOL I could picture him with a male or female demon. Probably not his own type. Someone famous and beautiful....with a hidden past or something weird about themselves that they didn't like to show. Maybe they were also an outkast...vaished from their people, only to find someone just like themselves....At the end of Angel I felt so sad for him. But at the same time he stood up for how he felt as he always would do. I never saw his character go into such a dark place. He always seemed to be the one that saw everything in perspective. He certainly deserved to find love!!!!

Have Faith

Townie
Maybe a beautiful, kind, soft-hearted man?
HA.
I never thought about it that way, but all things considered...... it is a possibility. I do kind of feel bad that he never had any other green demon lovers to hold his hand, though.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Lorne and Groo together would have been super cute!

I think Lorne would have been what us humans refer to as bi-sexual.
Agreed, completely. Gru+Lorne= L-O-V-E!

Wesley

Investigator
Some people just don't see the world the same way as those of us who want relationship. I think Lorne was that kind of person. His passions were music, and helping, and his friends. He was not necessarily lonely or looking for someone to be in a relationship with.

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
yeah. Which goes along with the 'Lorne is asexual' theory.
Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Some people just don't see the world the same way as those of us who want relationship. I think Lorne was that kind of person. His passions were music, and helping, and his friends. He was not necessarily lonely or looking for someone to be in a relationship with.
I disagree, he was quite broken-hearted about Fred's death. Hmm, while he is flamboyant, I never saw him as gay. And yes, I often thought about this topic in general, and wondered why Joss et all had not one love interest for him in his 4 seasons. I haven't read any of the post-season 5 stuff, so I have no idea if there is a love interest in any of the storylines.

BuffyBro

Peace and Love
Its probably because he is gay, and gay men's relationships is a very shaky thing to put on TV at least during that time for some reason, Andrew also came of as gay, but it is ok to have two women kissing I guess, its a big issue with TV programs, I read an article I forget the name of the show, but it is a newer one and is on today, and it is about two gay men who have a family, the show is upsetting because the two men do not show affection to each other (hold hands or kiss) because networks think that it is inappropriate.

D
david4wt
[No message]

VampireJason

Dangel Activist
I don't think Lorne is gay. IMO he was asexual, meaning he has no sexual attraction. But if he were to get into a relationship I would want it to be with a nice, down to Earth, caring woman. It's a shame he never had a love interest.

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Its probably because he is gay, and gay men's relationships is a very shaky thing to put on TV at least during that time for some reason, Andrew also came of as gay, but it is ok to have two women kissing I guess, its a big issue with TV programs, I read an article I forget the name of the show, but it is a newer one and is on today, and it is about two gay men who have a family, the show is upsetting because the two men do not show affection to each other (hold hands or kiss) because networks think that it is inappropriate.
Very true- 2 women, a-ok in tvland. Total double standard. It's ashame that Joss et al never took that on, I think there are some really potentially interesting storylines/love interests there.

This Year's Girl

Grateful grapefruit
Sineya
I think Lorne was bi. I think it would've been nice for him to find love, but at the same time I think that a lot of interesting storylines in angel was cut on the behalf of love interests and thats a shame. In that sense I was kind of glad Lorne didn't get together with anyone, 'cause in my imo Ats didn't need another character/story, not in season 4 and 5 at least, those seasons where allready way to cluttered.

But - if Lorne would've ended up with anyone I would love it to be Groo! They would be super cute together!

Top Bottom