• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

No power in the 'verse can stop us (from re-watching!)

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hey fellow Browncoats!

Time to lace up those pretty floral bonnets, we're going to be settling down with our favourite big damn heroes to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Firefly's airing!

Our re-watch starts on Saturday 10th June. The idea is that you will have one week to watch each episode, and we'll then discuss the episode in dedicated re-watch threads and we start a new episode every Saturday. The whole thing will continue up t0 mid-September and will culminate in a re-watch of Serenity (the movie).

We're also planning a mighty fine shindig of a podcast episode dedicated to Firefly, and a vote on your favorite Firefly episode.

We'll be starting with the original pilot episode 'Serenity' (not to be confused with the movie!)

Everyone is welcome to join in, however I know @Blaze @Mylie @Foxy @OccaQuokka @Fuffy Baith @ChaseRules @HowiMetdaSlayer and @nightshade mentioned they would be interested, so guys - this is your reminder if you're still keen on joining in. Anyone else - get your DVDs sorted asap! T-minus 5 days til the good ship Serenity leaves port :)

Octavia
Octavia
Ta for the reminder :)

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
Shiny! Let's be bad guys!
#Jayne4ever

:D

Can you tell I'm excited? I'm really excited!

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I was mocking around. I never intended to link YT in this thread.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Five days left! I still have to get my dvds! I'll order them today then. Sounds like fun.

Athena

Staff member
Black Thorn
Is firefly on netflix?
It depends on your country and the licensing for the show in that country. It used to be available in the UK, but it's not anymore. In some countries it may still be on Netflix. You'll just need to check on your Netflix app or on the website. :)

Foxy
Foxy
Thanks! I will check it out :)

Mylie

Scooby
I need to find my DVDs but I'm definitely still in (and excited) for this! :)

Mr Trick

Scooby
Who needs Netflix when there's Youtube?!;) All the episodes are up there. So for what seems like the 50th time I will be trying to watch Firefly from start to finish:eek: Count me in:)

Cheyanne Suttle
Cheyanne Suttle
That is how I am watching it too! Youtube actually has a few shows, I was surprised. Thats how I watched Dollhouse, as well.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Who needs Netflix when there's Youtube?!;) All the episodes are up there. So for what seems like the 50th time I will be trying to watch Firefly from start to finish:eek: Count me in:)
Are they really? You should finish it this time! Lol. What stops you from watching the whole show? It's like 14 eps! Lol

Mr Trick

Scooby
Are they really? You should finish it this time! Lol. What stops you from watching the whole show? It's like 14 eps! Lol
Not sure. I watched about half of it a few years ago, then got out of the habbit of watching it. Tried again during the last board re-watch but only saw a couple. Think I can do it all this time. Think I can manage one episode per week;)

Plus you can probably nab the dvds for like $10! :)
True. You're not a Firefly fan are you? Would be fun if you took part in the re-watch anyway:)

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I checked, it is on YouTube! Lol

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
I would join, but Firefly is not really my cup of tea (watched it last year and didn't even make it until the end...).

Anyways, have fun :)

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn

Just going to point out that I doubt YouTube has the proper licensing for Firefly and is technically an illegal source.

@Mr Trick there's no need for that attitude, you have been a member here long enough to know that we do not support the use/advertisement of illegal streaming sources

Last edited:
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Well blow me down with a feather!

thrasherpix

Scooby
I'm in.

And as for the YT, I'm glad for that. I can catch shows that haven't had what I consider the "good stuff" taken out. Humans (about the synthetic androids) were illegally uploaded and I fell in love with it so much that I purchased it on Amazon...only to find important parts to me cut out. I'm still tempted to just delete my Amazon copy of season 1 away (though I won't get a refund) and will only watch Humans illegally on YT where I can get it in the form it's aired in the UK. I've found out Amazon and other American sources like to cut a lot of the "trivial" stuff out that happens to be what actually hooks me in so I there's very little I buy from Amazon anymore...

Though I did just buy Firefly from Amazon because my Firefly dvds are being so problematic and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to watch the entire series on them. And interesting enough, they have intros that the dvds don't, each episode (at least of the 2 I tried) starting with a brief explanation of how Earth was abandoned, the war, etc (from the POV of a Firefly characters, one each per episode, or so it seems at first glance).

Octavia
Octavia
I love Humans and saw it on an ivew playback thing, I would buy the right to watch s3 now. Hooked.

Athena

Staff member
Black Thorn
I think Firefly is worth spending money on the DVD, personally :) Especially when you can get it second-hand for a little over £3 on Amazon (UK)....

As for cutting scenes, it's unheard of that the DVD won't contain the full uncensored version. Download version maybe, but the DVD usually contains everything (maybe downloads fall under different rules?) o_O

thrasherpix

Scooby
Even if I'm happy with the Amazon instant video versions I just got of Firefly, I'll be keeping my Firefly dvds because of all the deleted scenes and interviews they have.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Im really excited too, thankyou for the reminder, my memory is not great and I am due for a watch! I got my dvds returned from my friend last month, she didnt even watch it!!! Couldnt get through the first ep which is a real shame because I know she would like it. Her and her boyfriend are down at the end of the month so I will make sure they watch where ever we are up to. I do enjoy the show.

Top Bottom