• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Novels and Canon

thrasherpix

Scooby
There have been many great "canon" stories I've liked, but technically they're not canon (and can muddy concepts as what a soul and vampire is even more). I'd like to know more of the lore of the world so those veer to other characters are also welcome to me.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
The Buffy creators have never been big on canon. There's a series premise, then a seasonal premise, but beyond those, they are making it up as they go along. How many times has Willow or Tara spoke of magic having fundamental rules that never get spoken of again? Just write a good story.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Must admit I've never been a fan of new characters in the Buffy novels as they never feel 'right' to me. I'd much rather read a well written story featuring the characters I know & love.....

As for canon. As long as it fits in the 'Buffyverse' I'm not too bothered if it doesn't fit exactly into the narrative established by the show....as long as it's a good story!

Top Bottom