• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Nurse Ratched Origin Story

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
So Netflix is raising prices $2 a month so they can give an origin story for a character I doubt anyone ever wanted one for; a character whom, I would imagine, much of the Netflix viewing audience doesn't really even know.

"Ratched is an origins story, beginning in 1947, which will follow Ratched’s journey and evolution from nurse to full-fledged monster. The series will track her murderous progression through the mental health care system.”

They have given it a guaranteed two-season deal already without even filming even starting.

How many of youse people have seen One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? How many of youse people are excited about a prequel series for her?

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Can't say I'm interested at this point, but maybe the previews will spark a curiosity?

The names attached are clearly what got it an 18episode deal.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
That is one heck of a price rise $2 a month, how many customers does Netflix have worldwide 5, 10 or 20 million?
So a possible price rise of $40,000,000, I am not impressed with Netflix.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
nurse to full-fledged monster
You can watch that at any local mental health facility. The price is a bit higher than 2 bucks tho.

I don't think I have seen One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest but I read it as a teen. This isnt the sort of show I would watch.

Netflix AU has Star trek, Doctor Who and a bunch of ad-free aussie shows. I am still pleased with it but have noticed more original content which does not appeal to me, instead I've been watching reruns of childhood shows because I know what to expect with those. What other streaming options are there? I only know of Stan.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Aren’t they afraid of losing people to Amazon & Hulu at that price?

The only person in that cast I care about is Charlie Carver and he’ll probably get killed off the first episode.

Spanky

Black Thorn
Aren’t they afraid of losing people to Amazon & Hulu at that price?
I don't think they are. I think they feel Netflix is synonymous with online streaming. It's the largest price increase in their history at 18%. I don't think they fear Amazon or Hulu. I think they are trying to get a big enough warchest and have some spending money when Disney Play launches.

That's why they are locking in so many TV talents into deals. They have a lot of big names under contract.

I just don't see Ratched as being a big draw for them. Maybe I am wrong.

Spanky

Black Thorn
I watch everything.
You do indeed. I always figured this is you:
1547640639328.png
Transfixed to the moving images on the screen. In a sense of bliss. Until...
1547640751646.png
you realize three seasons in that the show really sucks but then you...
1547640827838.png
reluctantly give in figuring you have spent so much time on it, have to finish it.

Top Bottom