• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

"Odd" Non-Canon Couples You Like?

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Willow&Faith: Instead of pairing Willow with Kennedy, we could've brought Willow and Faith together in the seventh season. They would understand each other's loss, grief and regret. Their relationship would be interesting due to some very similar and some very different aspects of their personalities. This relationship might actually go somewhere as well since they both did some maturing by the time Faith comes back.

Xander&Spike: I think they already are a better comedic duo than Xander&Anya. I would like to see how their interactions would evolve.

This is such an intelligent solution. Willow and Faith, I mean. I think that Kennedy grated and felt forced. Two old adversaries finding peace and solace actually makes sense and they already have a real relationship to build on and things to work through. I never really have shipped Willow and Faith, but I think Faith could be read as bisexual and after prison, probably would be open to that side of herself and a lot more cognizant of what Willow is going through. Both have killed people. Both are trying to feel belonging in the real world again. Both are trying to figure a way through lives with a great deal of loss. It's not a perfect fit by any means, but it works far better than rude brat forces grieving woman to let her into her bed.

I think Willow is strong enough to call Faith on things, but has learned the need for restraint - not to violate Willow when she is uncertain. I would feel almost sorry for Amy had Faith been the person who confronted her. I think if Willow and Faith had gotten together, Faith would have felt more of a sense of being part of, rather than being apart from the club Scooby.

_____

I mostly dislike Xander and Spike as a couple. I don't play relationships for comedy, particularly not farce, and they relate too much on the level of farce. The very comedic power of their relating is why is part of why they don't fit for me.

They are also too alike emotionally. Both lead with their hearts, and are loyal to a fault to those they love. A relationship needs some emotional contrast. They are very soft inside... and they irritate each other and not in a good, sexy way. Both use humour to deal with reality, but it's different humor. Spike's is dry and insightful. Xander's is childish and occasionally cruel and bitter.

By contrast, I can read Xander's hostility to Angel very differently. It is almost the level of hostility we see when someone is attracted to someone they think they should not be. So, if I ship a non canon couple, it's Xander and Angel. THEY are the surprise couple that really works for me. (I ended up writing a story about them).

Xander could be the burr that gets the stick out of Angel's arse and makes him confront himself and his choices b/c Xander can be very hostile to all things vampire and Angel needs someone who will confront him about some of his more bonehead attitudes. Angel could be the one who encourages Xander to be his best self - could help him hone his confidence. He's a quiet person, but unlike Anya, Angel would not be afraid to encourage Xander to follow his dreams.

Both Angel and Xander had terrible father relationships and I think Angel could help Xander get out of his head and over his fear. Xander is deathly afraid of becoming his father. It's a lot of why he leaves Anya even though I think SHE is VERY good for him (I do not think Xander is very good for Anya - he is too insecure and cannot help her readjust to being human without being ashamed of her behavior). I think someone like Angel could help him get past his fear and insecurity.

I don't think Spike would get Xander's fears. Spike had a very normal childhood with a cherished mother he's ashamed of turning. I do think Spike and Xander would make great friends, particularly if both had survived Sunnydale and the spring of a thousand girls... Surviving so much estrogen squad would be bound to lead to bonding, but I don't see them together as a couple. Maybe far in the future, after both have gone through various hells.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Xander & Dru
Giles & Dru
Wesley & Willow
Though I generally view Willow as lesbian, I simply had to explore her with Wesley. I came to believe in this ship very strongly. I believe they meet as equals, and particularly after Sunnydale (assuming survival) they have a lot to teach each other.

I love writing Dru but cannot imagine her with Xander. Giles with Dru? Now *that* is fascinating!

Last edited:

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Xander and Katrina

Definitely a handsome couple. Xander would get a normal non-demonic girl who would polish off Xander's rough edges. He couldn't get away with being judgemental with her. And she would avoid Warren.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
But could Xander handle a normal girl ? :)

KaitKat

Potential
I’m not expecting to get any love but;
Faith/Wes
Faith/Giles: Season 8
Willow/Anya: Early Season 7
Buffy/Oz
Buffy/Xander: Early Season 7

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Giles/Anya: I think he could deal with her far better than Xander could. He's experienced, insightful and rich. Anya would like that last part; although I still think she likes to work.
Spike/Andrew: Spike and his No. 1 super-fan.
Willow/Riley: in an alternate S4 where Buffy does the college experimentation instead of Willow. They had more chemistry anyhow
Faith/Gunn: Two tough-as-nails, street-smart demon fighters who often feel overshadowed by their respective main star; Charles is sweet and genuine enough to really 'surprise' Faith; plus he's quite the muffin. And Gunn has no problem with a take-charge woman who can hold her own. And his while she's at it.

KaitKat
KaitKat
I love Faith and Gunn. Faith has chemistry with absolutely everyone she’s so shippable.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
My apologize to the poster of the previous reply @Buffy Summer.
Though both characters were definitely canon their *relationship* was not canon; Buffy and the Buffy Bot.
Whilst they did have chemistry, theirs was the sort of chemistry that is, you know, not.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Giles/Anya: I think he could deal with her far better than Xander could. He's experienced, insightful and rich. Anya would like that last part; although I still think she likes to work.
Spike/Andrew: Spike and his No. 1 super-fan.
Willow/Riley: in an alternate S4 where Buffy does the college experimentation instead of Willow. They had more chemistry anyhow
Faith/Gunn: Two tough-as-nails, street-smart demon fighters who often feel overshadowed by their respective main star; Charles is sweet and genuine enough to really 'surprise' Faith; plus he's quite the muffin. And Gunn has no problem with a take-charge woman who can hold her own. And his while she's at it.
I like what you said about Gunn . They could have been good . And the lead in could have been the two of them fighting a demon & after that going to get something to eat & get to know each other .

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I’m not expecting to get any love but;
Faith/Wes
Faith/Giles: Season 8
Willow/Anya: Early Season 7
Buffy/Oz
Buffy/Xander: Early Season 7
I actually like Faith and Giles post series. They never had a parent child relationship and the age difference does not bothwr me once both are fully adult
Buffy/Graham - they had great chemistry and Graham was secure enough in his masculinity to date Buffy :D
This is why I ship them in my story After Midnight. Graham would not be threatened by Buffy. He would do his best and then accept her rescue if he needed it.

Top Bottom